New User
Bill_Nelson_of_WeZombie

Posting a review - touble with paragraphs

Hi there,

I've posted a review of Tooth and Nail, by Craig DiLouie, but I can't seem to get paragraphs in the text - all of the text is jammed together in a large block.  I've edited the review, removed everything and put it back in, using plain text pasting.  I even added extra lines between the paragraphs but after saving, it still is all run together.  It is a long review, but within the character limit.  Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks,

Bill.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Posting a review - touble with paragraphs

For some reason, that's how B&N does it. You get one paragraph. That's one reason I don't do much reviewing here; you can't really get into detail in a single paragraph.

New User
Bill_Nelson_of_WeZombie
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply.  I received an email back from customer service saying I could try and edit it again, but if it doesn't work then that's just the way it will be.  It's really too bad - like you say, you can't write a review in one paragrah.  The way it's all run together makes it hard to read and it looks like you don't know how to write.  If I can't find a way to trick it, I'll probably ask CS to delete them. 

I spend a lot of money at BN stores and thought it would be nice to share my reviews.  I can see why you don't do much reviewing here.

Thanks again,

Bill.

Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle
0 Kudos

Sometimes an old thread is worth bumping. I've just posted two book reviews, each one four paragraphs long. At least, they're four paragraphs long on my blog and over at Amazon, but here they're smushed one-paragraph blobs. Hitting Enter doesn't work, copying the paragraph symbol out of Word doesn't work, and html line breaks (<br>) and paragraphs (<p>) don't work.

The one I wrote here and copied to Amazon while it still had formatting (Winds of Khalakovo -- posted here 'cause the nice folks at B&N are the ones who gave us the ebook for free), and the other I wrote there and copied here because there were only two very brief reviews here, so I wanted to contribute a bit.

Point being, it would be really nice if we could format our reviews so they're easier to read. :smileywink: Looks like this complaint has come up once in a while for a few years now, though...

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
New User
sdslangford
0 Kudos

I agree!  It would be nice to be able to format our reviews!!

New User
CarolBlank
0 Kudos

Absence of paragraphs is a pain, but last few days I can't submit. I enter all info, but keep getting switched back to my review with message to add a rating. I did, and I do, same old thing.

Contributor
vermontcathy
0 Kudos

CarolBlank wrote:

Absence of paragraphs is a pain, but last few days I can't submit. I enter all info, but keep getting switched back to my review with message to add a rating. I did, and I do, same old thing.

That's happening to me, also! Quite the pain. I tried in both Firefox and Internet Explorer. Preview works, but if I click submit from that preview page, it goes back to the regular review-writing page and nothing happens!