Contributor
choirgal04
0 Kudos

Re: Review has inappropriate language?

I don't get it either.  I have next to no experience with reviewing (I forgot I'd even written the three that are still viewable!) but I'm the last person you'd imagine would have problems with "inappropriate language."  Now I've hit the jackpot with two in one week!  Both reviews were critical (so was one of my old ones) but not unkind, and I can't find any word that might have triggered a moderator, human or otherwise.

Curiously both were related in some way with the Nook Tablet (one involved being ineligible for the member discount because my membership doesn't renew until January; the second was in agreement with other reviewers that the free e-version of Tom Sawyer was hopelessly garbled in the process of converting it from the wonderful print edition.)  I'd like to update my Nook Tablet review, especially because we're so happy with the purchase in spite of not receiving the same discount as new members, but the promised "edit" button to the above-right of the grey review box is inexplicably absent!

I suppose I can deal with the "stigma" of being labeled as offensive in some way (eye roll) -- I just wish I knew exactly what it was I'd written that was so out of line, or how to retract it, or even who to ask...  Does anybody know how to contact a moderator or administrator? (sorry if that's a dumb question; this is my first post.)

Contributor
amariswiccan
0 Kudos

No idea how to contact anyone, but it probably wouldn't help anyway. It would be nice if B&N would just fix the issue already, it makes me not want to even purchase from them. I wouldn't have been surprised if there was inappropriate language in my review, which is why I check them several times before submitting, I was surprised that there wasn't any! Lol
AAR
New User
AAR
0 Kudos

How do you edit a review when it won't let you edit. I have several I know why they have the TOS thingy on them,but it will not let you edit. So how do you fix it.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

AAR wrote:

How do you edit a review when it won't let you edit. I have several I know why they have the TOS thingy on them,but it will not let you edit. So how do you fix it.

At this point, you can't edit it.

Don't hold your breath for a fix from B&N, it doesn't seem to be a priority to them.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716