Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

Re: Website wishlist issues

If the link is so hard to locate that most people will be unable to find it, it's not fixed.

Come on, BN.  When you fix one thing you break another?  Seriously?

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mac,

Is yours gone completely?  The "2nd wishlist" I made with like 4 books on it is gone (or under those 3 dots one), and I just added like 20 books to my original list and I can pop into it then using the backdoor way (add a book and then click the link again to go to the wishlist).

I agree though, I am not a big fan of fix one thing, break another.  It needs to be completely fixed (and then never broken again!)!

Reader
Browerrj87
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I finally was able to access my wishlist, ans so I began to furiously add items. It worked fine when I was in the list and used the "Add More Books" option. So then I decided to go to the "Coming Soon" books and add from each books using the "Add to List". Affter adding I don't know how many books, I again have "this creation has reached its limit". Arrrggggggh!

[edit] I can get to my wish list now. So apparently I can't add from a book's page,  but have to use the "add more books" option on the list page. 

Distinguished Correspondent
EllenKeiff
0 Kudos

Browerrj87 wrote:

I finally was able to access my wishlist, ans so I began to furiously add items. It worked fine when I was in the list and used the "Add More Books" option. So then I decided to go to the "Coming Soon" books and add from each books using the "Add to List". Affter adding I don't know how many books, I again have "this creation has reached its limit". Arrrggggggh!

[edit] I can get to my wish list now. So apparently I can't add from a book's page,  but have to use the "add more books" option on the list page. 

print it!!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Try going to account settings, scroll down to digital management and access it from there.  Easier than trying to find where it is on the drop down list.

Contributor
borges
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

Try going to account settings, scroll down to digital management and access it from there.  Easier than trying to find where it is on the drop down list.

It's not on my drop down list at all. If I click on "See My Other Wish Lists" I get the pop-up box, but everything after the first line ("My Wish List," ie, the link to the page I'm already on) is just cut off.

I've never understood why there are separate wish lists anyway. Or at the very least, why you can't set which one is the default. Every single time I want to access my wishlist I have to click past the one I never use (or didn't use, I've been using it to bookmark the hard copies of books I want to look at again while the ebook wishlist hasn't been working properly--so, for months now).

Frequent Contributor
nookster
0 Kudos

So now it won't save new additions!!! ARRRGH!!!

New User
NancyHanks
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

This works!   I just ran into the wish list problem(s) so thanks for saving me hours of frustration!

Frequent Contributor
nookster
0 Kudos

Is anyone having trouble with titles that were added during the last mess that do not show up now? All of the titles I had on the list before the various issues are back, but I was able to add intermittenly during all the trouble. Those titles do not show and when I go to re-add them via the search box.I get the message "title already added". Continued frustration with B&N and their web issues. I just want the thing to work like it used to. I'm quite irritated but I'm way too heavily invested to "make the switch", as it were.

Technical chat support just didn't understand my issue (SIGH...).