Contributor
choirgal04
0 Kudos

What has happened to the Nook Daily Find for Families?

Past few days, it hasn't been in the usual place, and now I can't find it anymore at all.

Is it just me?

At times, there seem to be two adult selections, but no link for a family find... Does anybody know if B&N intends to offer the daily juvenile title any more?  Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong place...

Reader 4
desertdaisy29
0 Kudos

Re: What has happened to the Nook Daily Find for Families?

I was wondering the same thing.
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

And as for the newly added political entry, who decided that a book marked down from $12.00 to over $10.00 qualifies as a find?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

MacMcK1957 wrote:

And as for the newly added political entry, who decided that a book marked down from $12.00 to over $10.00 qualifies as a find?

When I just went to the political book, Caught in the Middlr, it says it's a $1.99, is there another one?

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bklvr896 wrote:

MacMcK1957 wrote:

When I just went to the political book, Caught in the Middlr, it says it's a $1.99, is there another one?

Earlier today it was showing $10.19, which didn't seem like much of a markdown from the $11.99 list.

Never mind.

New User
odlaozne
0 Kudos

I just did an online chat with customer service and the representative had no information about why the Daily Find for Families is gone or when it might come back. Very disappointing!

Reader 4
jdwagner75
0 Kudos

This was a very disappointing move on B&Ns part if they have taken the Family Find away.

Reader 4
crgNY
0 Kudos

It is very disappointing... it was a nice way to introduce my kids to new authors without breaking the bank.  Hope it comes back.  It would also be nice if someone from BN made a comment sometimes the chat group are not up to date they just try to troubleshoot....

Contributor
choirgal04

OK now I'm really disappointed.

I waited patiently for this election season finally to be over, hoping that once it was, the Election 2012 daily selection would go away (which it has) and the Daily Find for Families would return (which it HASN'T!!)

Is anybody listening from B&N??

Please explain. :smileysad:

Reader
Datwinksta
0 Kudos

We did the same thing. Our 8 year old is an avid reader and it's a treat for him to get to read on my Nook. I liked having a wide selection to choose from.

Frequent Contributor
Irishelf
0 Kudos

Not just for kids.  I like to read YA books, especially dystopian fantasy.  I got 3 out of 4 of Lois Lowry's "The Giver" series through the daily deal.  I had absolutely no interest in political books.  I, too thought once the election was over the election daily deal would go away and the family daily find would come back.  I think it was a poor decision to replace the family daily deal with the election daily deal in the first place.  I wouldn't be surprised if B&N lost money because of this.  Especially considering the regular daily deals have been horrible!

Reader
Ripley84KKJ
0 Kudos

ME TOO!!!  I hate that they took away the Daily Family Find and changed it to the Election 2012 Find (Eww!!).  I would try to check the regular Daily Find every day anyway, but there hasn't been anything that's interested me.  I used to find so many good things for my Nook in the Daily Find and the Family Find.  Not anymore.  B&N is totally slacking!  I, too, was totally looking forward to the Family Find returning, but am EXTREMELY disappointed that it has not. :smileyfrustrated: Since the quality of regular Daily Finds have not been that great lately, I don't even check them every day now.  I used to be so excited to see what great books would be the deals of the day.

PLEASE BRING BACK THE DAILY FAMILY FIND...and put more interesting books on the regular Daily Find again.

New User
GinaBoyd
0 Kudos

I did THREE online chats with customer service about this back in September and they were all clueless.

New User
GinaBoyd

I assumed it would come back after the election, too.  This is so frustrating and disappointing.  The regular Daily Deals don't work for my 16 classroom NookColors for 4th and 5th graders at all.  Adult romances?  No thank you.  BRING BACK FAMILY DAILY FIND!!!

Reader 4
perlDreamer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'm very disappointed in Barnes and Noble.  I have consistently chosen them over Borders and other chain book stores.  I invested in a Nook, and have bought over 50 ebooks.

Although I'll miss it, I don't expect Barnes and Noble to continue product offerings.  But as a loyal customer, I would hope that if they discontinue something that they announce it.

[link removed]

Reader 4
perlDreamer
0 Kudos

Dear Barnes & Noble,

Today Amazon is offering The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan for reduced cost.  Those kinds of books are pretty much the only kinds of books I buy.  I see that someone took the time to edit my last post to remove the link.  How about either reinstating your earlier Daily Family Find program, or making a statement as to whether or not it's going to come back/

New User
GinaBoyd
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip, perlDreamer! I'll head over to Amazon to check it out!