Contributor
donbcivil2
0 Kudos

What the @#%^ is it with pen names?

[ Edited ]

I can't participate here unless I can change my @#%^ pen name.

If that doesn't matter than maybe I picked the wrong eReader and/or book forum.

Seriously, it's been about a month now and I need some damn help.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

Re: What the @#%^ is it with pen names?

Hello,

I've requested this at one point and was told it's not possible. It is unfortunate.

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Contributor
donbcivil2
0 Kudos

But there are posts from moderators saying they can change pen names.

So it seems like it's not impossible, it's policy.

Author
novelimagination
0 Kudos

I saw where you asked one. I did too. They responded to say they no longer did that. I saw your reason for wanting to do it too. I feel for you. I really don't understand why it's not a possible option to change ones pen name. Perhaps one day they'll make it possible for us. Until then, boy, I really don't know what you should do. Change your password on the other thing you use it for? I guess that would be all you could do within your power.

The Chimney Still Stands on "eStands" everywhere! :smileyhappy:

AND...I am now available for Virtual Author Visits via Skype!
Contributor
donbcivil2
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Its too bad at this point where B&N should be working with their customers that they're leaving us high & dry. I'd like to yack with people here but if goodreads is more competently designed/administered (shrug).

Distinguished Bibliophile
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Can you just create a new account with the name you want?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Contributor
donbcivil2
0 Kudos

"Can you just create a new account with the name you want?"

I guess that's possible but then I have to have two accounts because the one

with the bad pen name is attached to the email address with which I made my

Nook book purchases.

But then, this is a second account anyway...

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Can you delete your account and start again?
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

donbcivil2 wrote:

Its too bad at this point where B&N should be working with their customers that they're leaving us high & dry. I'd like to yack with people here but if goodreads is more competently designed/administered (shrug).

So you're blaming them for adhering to their policy, not yourself for ignoring their notice shown when you created your pen name that it wasn't changeable?  They should make it changeable since you didn't read the warning?  

Reader 4
sldonb42
0 Kudos

"So you're blaming them for adhering to their policy, not yourself for ignoring their notice shown when you created your pen name that it wasn't changeable?  They should make it changeable since you didn't read the warning?"

I'm blaming them for having a poor user interface, which yes resulted in me screwing up. And then for having a policy which arbitrarily prevents me from rectifying that mistake.

What's ironic is that my first post when creating that pen name was a message of support, hoping that Microsoft's predatory patent-mongering schemes do not garotte B&N & the Nook. But at this point, B&N can go @#%^ hemselves for all I care. There are now full on Android tablets for less than the cost of the Nook Color and I'm considering the option of selling my Nook Color and then switching my new eBook purchases to Kindle or Borders.

In this economy, you can't afford to just shrug off reasonable customer requests if you want to survive. B&N is on the verge of joining frontier.com and my former web provider in the scrap heap.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

I don't use pen name, so I don't know when do you sign up for pen name. If it's during registeration, then you may close this account and open another with your desired pen name.

I am just curious to know if every forum allows it. It looks like pen name is quite common among fiction writers.

Contributor
DebbieC13
0 Kudos

CALL TECH SUPPORT. THEY WILL VERIFY WHO YOU ARE AND CHANGE/DELETE IT INCLUDING ALL THE POSTS YOU MADE UNDER IT.