Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

Why can't I edit my review

I copied and pasted a review and missed part of it..why was the edit function removed? Thid was on the write a review page.

Reader 4
Gethsemane
0 Kudos

Re: Why can't I edit my review

I know the feeling. At least you can post reviews. I've been trying for days and it still won't let me post any. I can rate books, though, but when trying submit the reviews, it goes back to the entry screen instead of posting them. I sorely hope B&N fixes this soon, because it's sorely annoying not being able to post up book reviews for books we've read. >.<
Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

This is now happening to me too. Alex G is trying to help..but he thought it was my computer..well we have 4 of them in our home..and none will let me

New User
SamanthaP
0 Kudos

I received a message that my review violated the terms and use, but for life of me couldn't figure out why. I had my husband read the review and he laughed at me cause I had mispelled heroine. I meant the female hero, but accidently left off the e at the end, which spelled the drug. I can't edit my review and it's very frustrating. 

Is this a common glitch in the system? I would like to add the missing e and resubmit my review but there is no edit button, nor is there a way to talk with the moderators. I can't seam to delete the review and start over either. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Sorry, Samantha, we're all just pretty much screwed for the time being.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

There's a new look to the reviews.  No more header line to fill out (it auto populates from your first sentence), and you no longer have to preview the review in order to get it to list your username (as opposed to listing it under anonymous).  Unfortunately, still can't edit/delete a review.  Maybe they'll get that up next?

Contributor
OSAKAROSE
0 Kudos

So this has been going on for a year? I just had the same message for a review posted Dec. 2012. Like you, I have no idea what part of my review violated terms and use. I can't edit or delete & can't seem to get an answer.I am going to quit posting & just read for my own pleasure! This is so frustrating!
osakarose
Contributor
OSAKAROSE
0 Kudos

kamas716: Can we use the word "screwed"? I thought that would get you flagged for inappropriate language. Just saying......
osakarose
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

I have no idea if 'screwed' is flagged or not. It's a double secret list, you have to be Dean Wormer or one of his lackies to know.
New User
Joey44
0 Kudos

I am trying to figure out how to post a review and in my search I came across this thread.  I can't tell if you have since figured out how to edit your review.  I hope so.

I am still searching for how to post a review in the first place.

Frequent Contributor
Mackie77
0 Kudos

I can't see how to edit the review; I followed the instructions posted another thread, but the edit button listed doesn't exist. I just submitted then noticed my review contained an error. It's frustrating as your book review text comes out in a long stream, and you can't effectively review it. I don't understand why they can't make the book review process like this screen!