Contributor
bryan87613
0 Kudos

Re: Last ten days on Moby Dick : Laurel : Chapter 132 The Symphony

Quite right you are--Chapter 132 The Symphony could very well bring to mind Mozart's Requiem (Mass for the dead).

I liked the opening paragraph (feminine sky) of the chapter in juxtoposition with the paragraph that you quoted (masculine sea). It was one of the great moments in reading this book.
Frequent Contributor
fanuzzir
0 Kudos

bryan87613 wrote:
Quite right you are--Chapter 132 The Symphony could very well bring to mind Mozart's Requiem (Mass for the dead).

I liked the opening paragraph (feminine sky) of the chapter in juxtoposition with the paragraph that you quoted (masculine sea). It was one of the great moments in reading this book.

That's one of the most gorgeous passages in the novel--to think that Melville is finding a whole new aesthetic in the already tired (by his time) genre of sea adventure.
Scribe
Laurel
0 Kudos

Yes, it is gorgeous. Thank you, Choisya, for making me go back to read it again.

fanuzzir wrote:

bryan87613 wrote:

That's one of the most gorgeous passages in the novel--to think that Melville is finding a whole new aesthetic in the already tired (by his time) genre of sea adventure.

"Truth must of necessity be stranger than fiction, for fiction is the creation of the human mind, and therefore is congenial to it." ~~G.K. Chesterton
Users Online
Currently online:105 members 772 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: