Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

Vegetarians

Well, early Greek and Roman writers/poets, like Ovid and Homer, wondered the same thing.

Chad
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

flip flop- a new game on the price is right

He flip flops things so you get a better perspective of the whale and the world- we put on other animals skins, so our own skin is now, in essence, the soul of the animal, or is it? I am in my house, which is like a skin made of wood, so I am now the soul of that wood or tree, etc, etc. Our words can disconnect us from the world around us...

Chad

p.s.- Sometimes people become the souls of buildings, ships etc. When they die or leave, we sometimes notice a different feeling or loss-- people have to move after death, etc.
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: flip flop- a new game on the price is right

true, people leave imprints and are subjected to influence from outside. Their receptivity for that might be different. Some will know and some will not be bothered.
I can't handle second hand clothes...to many vibes, too many stories, I get dizzy.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Vegetarians

chad wrote:
Well, early Greek and Roman writers/poets, like Ovid and Homer, wondered the same thing.

Chad

Hmmm, that gives us some solid time perspective, however, the globe was not so overpopluated by then. One argument for being vegetarian is that it is more economical.

ziki
Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Secondhand clothes...

I don;t like second-hand clothes either ziki, or jumble sales, for the same reason whereas my daughters frequent them all the time. It is a very middle-class activity over here and part of the 'recycle everything you can' campaign but I just cannot warm to it:smileysad: One of my daughters is doing an MSc (Masters) in Sustainable Development and her flat is full of junk that has either been reclaimed or is about to be taken to a recycling dump - I hate it but daren't say so:smileysurprised: I don't mind second-hand books though and buy them all the time:smileyvery-happy:

ziki wrote:
true, people leave imprints and are subjected to influence from outside. Their receptivity for that might be different. Some will know and some will not be bothered.
I can't handle second hand clothes...to many vibes, too many stories, I get dizzy.

ziki

Inspired Contributor
Choisya
0 Kudos

Re: Vegetarians

My recycling daughter is also a vegetarian for ecological reasons:smileyhappy:

ziki wrote:

chad wrote:

Chad

Hmmm, that gives us some solid time perspective, however, the globe was not so overpopluated by then. One argument for being vegetarian is that it is more economical.

ziki

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Secondhand clothes...

I can do with second hand books most of the time, the ones I bought were usually in a great condition. Occasionally some presented a problem and I had to buy a new one instead and I gave the other to the library. I borrow books in a library but nowadays some are too dirty and lately it started to bother me when the books are too ugly. So when I can I treat myself to a new book even if it is just a cheaper paperback.

I think the vibes are most evident in the textile.

ziki
Frequent Contributor
chad
0 Kudos

transcendentarian

These transcendentalists are a little picky, though. Tilling the field may well have been man's only sin, according to Hawthorne I think.

Chad
Users Online
Currently online:22 members 338 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: