Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st

[ Edited ]
Philip Pullman will be appearing at the Barnes & Noble in Union Square, NYC on Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 7 p.m. Video of this appearance will be available on the bn.com website, here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-media/

B&N recommends that those in the city who are going may want to arrive early. They say Union Square fills up quickly, and this event is expected to be very popular.

EnJOY!

~ConnieK

Message Edited by ConnieK on 10-30-2007 10:28 AM
~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st

Just want to step in and highlight the fact that this event is happening *tonight*! If you can't be there in person, you are welcome to tune in, and enjoy! Isn't the Internet great?! :smileywink:

~ConnieK



ConnieK wrote:
Philip Pullman will be appearing at the Barnes & Noble in Union Square, NYC on Thursday, November 1, 2007 at 7 p.m. Video of this appearance will be available on the bn.com website, here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-media/

B&N recommends that those in the city who are going may want to arrive early. They say Union Square fills up quickly, and this event is expected to be very popular.

EnJOY!

~ConnieK

Message Edited by ConnieK on 10-30-2007 10:28 AM


~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Scribe
Kevin
Posts: 774
Registered: ‎09-23-2006
0 Kudos

Re: LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st

[ Edited ]
Thanks for the posting, Connie! Tonight's event should be great.

If you're interested in watching live, your best bet is to go to the www.bn.com home page and click on the big graphic that announces the event. The event will run live around 7 p.m. ET, and will be archived on the site shortly afterwards. Sometime Friday afternoon, a permanent copy will be available in our new B&N Media site, www.bn.com/media.

Thanks for watching!

Message Edited by Kevin on 11-01-2007 01:20 PM
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st

Did you watch the event, folks? What did you think? I'm going to have to watch it on replay--ha--but I'm looking forward to it! Did anyone here go to the live event in NYC?

~ConnieK
~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Frequent Contributor
BarbaraN
Posts: 519
Registered: ‎11-08-2006
0 Kudos

Re: LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st



ConnieK wrote:
Did you watch the event, folks? What did you think? I'm going to have to watch it on replay--ha--but I'm looking forward to it! Did anyone here go to the live event in NYC?

~ConnieK




Where is it, Connie? I went to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-media/index.asp? and couldn't find it.
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎06-14-2007
0 Kudos

Re: LIVE EVENT -- Philip Pullman -- B&N, November 1st

[ Edited ]
Hi, BarbaraN--You've probably seen the posting about this by Jessica now. The video is here in its own thread now, thanks to her! (I think it the video from the Thursday night talk was not up on the website until Friday afternoon).

~ConnieK



BarbaraN wrote:


ConnieK wrote:
Did you watch the event, folks? What did you think? I'm going to have to watch it on replay--ha--but I'm looking forward to it! Did anyone here go to the live event in NYC?

~ConnieK




Where is it, Connie? I went to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-media/index.asp? and couldn't find it.



Message Edited by ConnieK on 11-05-2007 03:11 PM
~ConnieAnnKirk




[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online: 31 members 343 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: