Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
FionaBR3
0 Kudos

Lord Asriel, Lyra & Mrs. Coulter

Lord Asriel- Is Asriel his only name?

All -what do you think the fate of the three should have been? In Short do you think the ending was best or would you have prefered an alternate one? If so, what?
Contributor
FionaBR3
0 Kudos

Re: Lord Asriel, Lyra & Mrs. Coulter

What are all of your opinions on these books I need to discuss the books with someone since my mom is no help and none of my friends have read the books. I'm waiting for a reply so that I can reply.
Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse
0 Kudos

Hello! I would be happy to discuss the books with you. To what purpose are you discussing? Are you writing a report or what?
I really liked these books and thought they were really sad and beautiful in the end. For this reason, I love the ending, so I would not change it. The ending was fitting, and very touching.
Hope we can discuss!
A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
Contributor
FionaBR3
0 Kudos

The things I mean to discuss are:

Do you think the fate of Mrs. Coulter and Lord Asriel are just, or do you think their personalities and attitudes towards their end deserved a better fate? And do you think they all should have become a family afterwards? Do you wish that Lyra had at least found out about their sacrifice? This is part of the ending I mean. The other part is do you wish the last few pages of the book that take place back at Jordan College were a little more interesting rather than the offer to go to a girls school and be tame and studious. And do you feel that that second-to-last setting had a feeling similar to a ghost, of Mrs. Coulter because I sure did.
Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 726 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: