Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

DISCUSSION ANYONE?? HELLO??

Hey guys, I saw in the intros lots of people who have read this book and were waiting to discuss and many of us that had just started but were anxious. Soooooo, the first two questions for the first part of the book last week, there has only been like 6 different people post to anything at all. Well thats true of even questions to the author. The best thing i loved about the old BNU was the constant discussion going on and those were one month classes and we only have the author here for one month. As we start the second week, how about joining in on discussing the first two questions at least?? I miss all the ideas guys and this is a great book. I see people looking in but not posting, jump in we need you ALL! :smileyhappy: Otherwise, I might as well go back to just reading on my own whatever.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
wburns_kh
0 Kudos

Re: DISCUSSION ANYONE?? HELLO??

Vivico,

There are some active discussions in the "Who is the Hero" and "alternate histories" threads, as well as questions for the author. If you want to talk about something that's not in any of the threads we have going now, please post a question or discussion topic. I'll reply, and I bet some other people will too.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

wburns_kh wrote:
Vivico,

There are some active discussions in the "Who is the Hero" and "alternate histories" threads, as well as questions for the author. If you want to talk about something that's not in any of the threads we have going now, please post a question or discussion topic. I'll reply, and I bet some other people will too.

Yes, I know there are some posts in those questions, but as I said, only about 6 of us tops, mostly its just 3-4 people. I am in those threads, the numbers may seem more than you think. One may say 12 posts when its really just one or two from the moderator, then one to three from the same 3-6 of us. I did not want to jam up those threads with an "off topic" discussion, such as this, asking for more discussion lol, so I made this thread, as was directed to do on one thread when actually, a few of the comment there werent even about the book so they were not discussions on it either. I merely posted this here to try to invite more people to look at those very threads you have mentioned and join in on the discussion. Its hard to keep one going if a few people have posted but not enough to keep the convo going. Know what I mean? I checked each of those threads to see how many of the responses listed in the number, were actually different people and thats how i came up with the numbers because I have been waiting for more responses to post for days now. Anyway, it was worth a try, as a member to say hey guys, jump in :smileywink: but again, didnt want to post it to each of the threads, it would not have been appropriate there. Thanks tho, but yes, those are the threads I am in already and waiting for the "club" , as are those few others i think.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
wburns_kh
0 Kudos

Time for some delurking!

We do know that a lot more people look at the posts than post replies, so how about it, some of you lurkers? We want to hear from you!
New User
KellJell
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:
Hey guys, I saw in the intros lots of people who have read this book and were waiting to discuss and many of us that had just started but were anxious. Soooooo, the first two questions for the first part of the book last week, there has only been like 6 different people post to anything at all. Well thats true of even questions to the author. The best thing i loved about the old BNU was the constant discussion going on and those were one month classes and we only have the author here for one month. As we start the second week, how about joining in on discussing the first two questions at least?? I miss all the ideas guys and this is a great book. I see people looking in but not posting, jump in we need you ALL! :smileyhappy: Otherwise, I might as well go back to just reading on my own whatever.

I would love to discuss this, or any other, book. I get the feeling I'm flying blind here. Where is a posted question, a departure for discussion, a lead in, a hypothetical question, an off-the-wall idea? After forty years in classrooms I need more than "So, how about those Mets?" to get things going. I'm not happy with process and will probably not do another.
Teacher/historian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

KellJell wrote:

I would love to discuss this, or any other, book. I get the feeling I'm flying blind here. Where is a posted question, a departure for discussion, a lead in, a hypothetical question, an off-the-wall idea? After forty years in classrooms I need more than "So, how about those Mets?" to get things going. I'm not happy with process and will probably not do another.

KellJell, I understand your frustration. I took 4 Barnes and Noble University courses before they changed to this format and had more convos and actuall discussions about questions posted for the class than I could almost keep up with. This is my third try at a bookclub book, and other than a political science one that turned into a battle over US policy, these other two seem to be more of a "post your book review" club than a BOOK club of discussion! We had a bunch of people sign in and say ..oh i read this book, couldnt put it down, highly recommend it, and NOW nothing more! Thats a book review not a discussion :smileysad: This is a good book and I dont get what is going on here. I have slowed down on my reading, doing other things, cause I was looking for some discussions going on in here to keep me going at a pace to finish for the month, but I figure, I will just read it at my leasure and check in here every so often. There are actually posted questions , so you cant really say those arent here, you posted to some of them as I did, like Alternative Histories, Laura Keene and Asia Booth and questions for the author. The thing is, yeah your right, we posted, a few of us but no one discusses or added to our post. Its been like just answering a questionaire to a book instead. You can start a new thread yourself with a topic about the book yourself you know, to see if someone wants to talk about that. Go up to the top of the home page and hit NEW MESSAGE and type one in. Put a title for your discussion post and IF it is about something past the first half of the book be sure to add the words SPOILER FOR (and where it might be). You will have a new thread with something you want to discuss that you dont see here then. Try that. I just want to see some people discuss, i can sit here in my house and read alone anytime. I dont see the author posting too much, and just to questions to him, some have posted at other questions too and that was cool. I just dont know. I am going to start a new thread question myself and you can discuss it with me and we can see if anyone else does too so look for that cause its something I have been wondering. Other than that, look around some of the other books being discussed, you can see if there are any really talking in there. Hang in :smileywink:
Vivian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: DISCUSSION ANYONE?? HELLO??/ who went home already!!

Boy this is the quietest, "discussion" group i have ever been in, my goodness! If i hated the book, i wouldnt care. Come on folks, where ya at?? Altho the author did answer one question for me, I only saw ONE post from him, dont see much from him at all really either, BUT MIGHT, if more people would join in. Even if he wasnt here, would love to hear from others. I dont have my April book yet, so just sitting and watching. HELLOOOOOOOOOO Out there!!?? :smileywink: geeeesh
Vivian
Users Online
Currently online:42 members 475 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: