Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

About the Book and Author

[ Edited ]

J.A. Jance and Justice Denied

Author Photo: J.A. JanceIn Justice Denied Seattle investigator J. P. Beaumont is handed a hush-hush special assignment: find out what really happened in the shooting death of an ex-con. At first, everything seems straightforward, but the deeper Beau digs, the more complicated it becomes. The ex-con really had turned over a new leaf and his murder has nothing to do with, say, a drug deal gone bad. Someone targeted LaShawn Tompkins for death.

Meanwhile, Beau's lover and fellow cop, Mel, is looking into cold cases, in order to close them once and for all. But suddenly, her investigation has tentacles reaching to Beau's, and the two begin to uncover a nightmarish conspiracy that could involve people in high places, even within the halls of law enforcement.

About J.A. Jance: J.A. Jance is the New York Times bestselling author of the J.P. Beaumont series, the Joanna Brady series, and three standalone thrillers. Born in South Dakota and brought up in Bisbee, Arizona, Jance lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington, and Tucson, Arizona.

Discover all titles and editions from J.A. Jance.

Message Edited by Barbara on 08-27-2007 09:27 AM

Contributor
seattle1
0 Kudos

Re: About the Book and Author

Having read several of your J.P. Beaumont and Joanna Brady novels I look forward to reading your newest J.P.Beaumont book. I would like to comment on a short story I read of yours about the dog you and your family adopted by the name of Mandy - the story was in Midnight Louie's Pet Detectives. - I just loved that true story. In fact with that story in mind I read Bark M for Murder as I saw you had a short story in it, I was hoping it was about Mandy also. All those stories were good but no more Mandy (I realize she lives with J.P. Beaumont's grandmother now).
Author
jajance
0 Kudos

Mandy only lived with us for six months before we lost her. She lived on with Beau's grandmother for years.
nsp
New User
nsp
0 Kudos

I read Justice Denied and was happy to hook up with J P Beaumont and friends again. I love the S.H.I.T. squad and Harry I. Ball. I think they make the book fun to read. I mean how can you not laugh when you read it? J.P. and Mel are great characters. They play off each other like so many closely connected people do. There are good and bad times for them. The DNA thread is being used more and more today, with cold cases and reviewing of convictions using DNA. I find it fascinating that many cases have been solved and convictions (especially rape) overturned using DNA.

I have been a reader for several years, having picked up a paperback Beaumont book at a used book store when I was searching for new authors. I have been a fan ever since and I think I have read all of your books. I even have some of the older ones on my shelves today. I re-read them occasionally. They are still a good read, second or third time around. Great work! I hope to see many more Beaumont and Brady books, or any other character you have.
Users Online
Currently online: 18 members 614 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: