Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Introduce yourself!

Welcome! Please tell us a bit about yourself - are you a longtime fan of J.A. Jance or new reader? Which series is your favorite?
Stephanie
New User
ruthmary
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself!

I have read every book that Judy has written, been reading what seems like a very long time, and cannot stop. When my daughter lived in Seattle she was able to get autographed copies of books, pictures from the Dog House, and many more things.

I have trouble deciding which series i like the most, but probably Baumont, since it was the first.

I hope these books do not stop, or that I die first so I won't know.

Ruth
Contributor
Kris11
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Kris, and this was my first J.A. Jance book and I loved it. I loved Beau and Mel, such great characters. I look forward to reading many more.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Ruth,

I can't decide which series I like best either- Joanna is my kind of lady, but Beau is terrific too. Nope- still can't choose just one!
Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I signed in somewhere, but will do it again. I am Linda from Central Va., oldtimer at Barnes and Noble reading groups. Just recently started reading alot of mystery-murder books and saw the new books for this month and liked the sound of J.A. Jance's Justice denied. The title kind of got my attention. And it is really great.
Author
jajance
0 Kudos

ruthmary wrote:
I have read every book that Judy has written, been reading what seems like a very long time, and cannot stop. When my daughter lived in Seattle she was able to get autographed copies of books, pictures from the Dog House, and many more things.

I have trouble deciding which series i like the most, but probably Baumont, since it was the first.

I hope these books do not stop, or that I die first so I won't know.

Ruth

Dear Ruth,

I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, so Beau is safe.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Ok, if Linda is going to introduce herself, mentioning she's an "old timer" on Barnes and Noble....well...she is older than I! I'm a few posts shy of her! We've been around Barnes and NobleU. for a long while...But, Stephanie is older...I think she's my mother!

I did, already, sorta introduce myself....But here, I'll do it again:

I'm Kathy S. (not to be confused with other Kathys). I live in the southern region of California, south/east of LA. The end of the world, where it never rains...and bakes in the summer months. My brain is usually fried, most of the time, along with the egg on the sidewalk - Linda and Stephanie will probably attest to that. :smileytongue:

My reading habits are eclectic...from art books to psychology, were I view literature/writing as art; and I read whatever is inbetween that strikes my current cord of interest. I do love a good mystery....cut my teeth on Christie, and Doyle, but I've never discussed them. I have too many authors I like - and to mention them all, would be forgetting another. I am enjoying this reading of Justice Denied. Now I must get back to it!

Kathy S.

Message Edited by KathyS on 09-06-2007 06:41 AM
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:
Ok, if Linda is going to introduce herself, mentioning she's an "old timer" on Barnes and Noble....well...she is older than I! I'm a few posts shy of her! We've been around Barnes and NobleU. for a long while...But, Stephanie is older...I think she's my mother!

I'm Kathy S. (not to be confused with other Kathys). I live in the southern region of California, south/east of LA. The end of the world, where it never rains...and bakes in the summer months. My brain is usually fried, most of the time, along with the egg on the sidewalk - Linda and Stephanie will probably attest to that. :smileytongue:

My reading habits are eclectic...from art books to psychology, were I view literature/writing as art; and I read whatever is inbetween that strikes my current cord of interest. I do love a good mystery....cut my teeth on Christie, and Doyle, but I've never discussed them. I have too many authors I like - and to mention them all, would be forgetting another. I am enjoying this reading of Justice Denied. Now I must get back to it!

Kathy S.

Are my ears burning? Eggs frying? Is there a kathys or kathy S. in the house (either one will do)??
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Kathy S.

Are my ears burning? Eggs frying? Is there a kathys or kathy S. in the house (either one will do)??

:smileyvery-happy: Linda, there is only one of me (Kathy S.)
There is more than one Kathy on B. and N - different last initials....

Did I scramble your fried eggs?

I'm sorry if I did.
my "hamy" sense of humor,
I cannot tell a fib!
Kathy Suese
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

kiakar wrote:

KathyS wrote:

Kathy S.

:smileyvery-happy: Linda, there is only one of me (Kathy S.)
There is more than one Kathy on B. and N - different last initials....

Did I scramble your fried eggs?

I'm sorry if I did.
my "hamy" sense of humor,
I cannot tell a fib!
Kathy Suese

Lets just have our eggs fried scrambled and then we can boil them. And then bake them.
sounds good!
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

Great to see you here- I should have thought to recommend this one to you- I think (if you haven't already finished it) that you're going to love it.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
LeftBrainer
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Nancy from Nebraska. You know the funny shaped state in the middle of the county, low population, different state government, and gound water. I've read several J A Jance books over the years. I've a friend who lives near Bisbee and I first heard about J A Jance from her. I'm looking forward to reading Justice Denied and discussing it. Talk to you soon, Nancy
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

Great to see you here- I should have thought to recommend this one to you- I think (if you haven't already finished it) that you're going to love it.

oh yes; Stephanie; I do love it! I have finished also, you can't put it down. You have to know what happens. And Beau's family is so typical to the norm of families. ha. Really a great book.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Glad you're here - looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Justice Denied.
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 231 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: