Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Welcome from your Moderator

Welcome to the Barnes & Noble Book Club for J.A. Jance's Justice Denied. J.P. Beaumont is back and working special assignment for the Attorney General. Jance has given us yet another page turner, and while the crimes are no laughing matter, Jance has tossed in her usual dose of humor. From Beaumont's boss to the acronym for his team, you'll be chuckling on the edge of your seat.

As your moderator I'll be joining the discussion and answering any questions you might have. Be sure to ask our author questions directely - what an opportunity!

Happy Reading!
Stephanie
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome from your Moderator

Stephanie wrote:
Welcome to the Barnes & Noble Book Club for J.A. Jance's Justice Denied. J.P. Beaumont is back and working special assignment for the Attorney General. Jance has given us yet another page turner, and while the crimes are no laughing matter, Jance has tossed in her usual dose of humor. From Beaumont's boss to the acronym for his team, you'll be chuckling on the edge of your seat.

As your moderator I'll be joining the discussion and answering any questions you might have. Be sure to ask our author questions directely - what an opportunity!

Happy Reading!

Greetings, Stephanie. Glad you could be here to moderate this discussion. This is my first novel by J A Jance, and I'm looking forward to discussing it with the author, you, and everyone here....once I stop laughing everytime I see [read] the team that spells out....S.H.I.T. How can you work for an agency with that name, I'd like to know?! I actually missed the "Harry...."...slid through it....did a double take...and groaned!

Later,
Kathy
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Kathy,

Great to have you here. I've posted an Introduce yourself thread (could have sworn I'd posted one earlier!), but I appreciate your stopping by here to say hello.
Stephanie
Contributor
Kris11
0 Kudos

Hi all, I'm new to this book club thing, and new to J.A. Jance. I loved her book, "Justice Denied" and look forward to reading many more!! My name is Kris and I'm from the Houston area.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Kris11 wrote:
Hi all, I'm new to this book club thing, and new to J.A. Jance. I loved her book, "Justice Denied" and look forward to reading many more!! My name is Kris and I'm from the Houston area.

Hi, Kris. Welcome!....You'll get the hang of the book club thing....just keep posting away to the threads, as your thoughts apply, or change. Have fun!
Kathy S.

Message Edited by KathyS on 09-05-2007 05:50 PM
New User
Avsfan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi Stephanie. I'm new to this cyber-book club - but certainly not new to JA Jance's books. I've been in Arizona with Joanna Brady, in Seattle with JP Beaumont and have read one of the new series. Am now reading Justice Denied. I want to be able to post messages but so far haven't found instructions on how to do it, altho I have reaad many of the posts.
Thanks

Message Edited by Avsfan on 09-09-2007 02:20 PM
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Welcome! Glad you've joined us. It's hard not to be a fan of JA Jance, isn't it? :smileyhappy:

You've already figured out how to post a message- the easiest way is just to reply to a message you're interested in discussing. If you want to post a new message, just click the New Message button along the top left (green bar) of the book club's main page.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 260 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: