Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Later Chapters Discussion: PLEASE

cindersue wrote:

kiakar wrote:

JackieM01 wrote:
Don't buy anything at Wal-Mart. Go to Target. My son's best friend was one of those people who was denied the "privilege" of leaving his shift to go to the doctor when he had stomach pain. He had a ruptured appendix, and was locked in when the ambulance came.
JGM

Jackie, How can they lock someone in? The doors are open, aren't they? I know ours are open 24 hrs a day. That is called slavery! And they should get sued!

What I heard before is that Wal-mart closes the store after hours, while the employees finish off what they have to do, be it re-stocking, cleaning, etc. Is that correct Jackie?

This must be one of the older smaller Walmarts you guys are talking about, that had a closed period of time. I have a friend whose husband works for Walmart, it is a superwalmart and as you know those are open 24 hours a day, the restocking and cleaning go on all times of day. It would be a criminal offense here to lock anyone inside a business who needed or just wanted to get out. I can see that they could fire a person for leaving sick, I worked for a business once that did and they shouldnt be able to do that either, but I cant see Walmart taking felony rap for unlawful detainment up to hostage taking, depending on what the DA wants to file, for someone needing to leave. Is this one of those folklore things? IF not, was it a small walmart store that they were even able to lock a person in with all the customers still there? If he was locked in a smaller room, thats big stuff and one heck of a lawsuit. You guys know dont you that even tho the author is talking about this, one of the mods is going to come along and say this is not about this thread or book LOL and you need to move this discussion somewhere else LOL. :smileywink:
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
hasenbein
0 Kudos

Re: Later Chapters Discussion: Love Story

Bill_T wrote:
What do you make of Miko and Ronnie's relationship? Were you surprised to see how it wound up?

Note: This discussion topic is particularly suitable for readers who have read all or nearly all of Cage of Stars. If you haven't finished the novel yet, please be aware that this discussion may contain plot spoilers.

Click on "Reply" to post your thoughts about this discussion topic, or click "New Message" on the main page to start a new topic thread.

I was very glad that this relationship blossomed. I could let go of holding my breath about another sad event!

KathyH
New User
kimminick
0 Kudos

Re: Later Chapters Discussion: Love Story

I liked that there was a happy ending. Although it almost seemed unrealistic for Miko and Ronnie to get together. I think for me it was the fact that that doesn't happen too often in the real world. It made for a very sweet ending though.
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 657 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: