Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Middle book:Losing your childhood too soon

lepking wrote:
The important thing for Ronnie was that she was always busy, taking care of the house, taking care of the baby - that was crucial to her survival. The more you stay busy, the better. Friends to teens are so important. I think as adults we forget just how much friends matter during adolescence. lepking

I agree. Remember Ronnie wondered if she could ever love her new baby brother? He turned out to be one of her best helps.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Middle book:Losing your childhood,for lepking and kaikar

vivico1 wrote:
kaikar,
A lot of what I feel now not only comes from what happened to me but also because of things I have done in recent years where I hurt someone I love ...

I just realized that I answered a thread, and there was much more posts after that. Now I feel like a dope! Emotional feelings were expressed and my heart goes out to all of you. I have not experienced the tragedy's you have, but can only imagine the emotionally pain you have endured. I lost 3 family members to cancer and nearly lost my son twice to car accidents. I am constantly telling him how thankful I am to God that he is still with me. This all seems minor to what you have experienced. I am happy that you all have found the good in the ugly that happened to you. Viv, you are very spiritual and encouraging in your words. I, too, lost a great friendship recently. Although there are many miles between us, I hope our paths will cross again. A day doesn't go by where I don't think of my friend and hope that we will be connected again.
Author
JackieM01
0 Kudos

Re: Middle book:Losing your childhoood/DOPE

Please don't feel that way, Cindersue. I think that this group is rather on the upper end, percentage-wise, for loss and of more than one kind. As Lillian Hellman said, suffering doesn't make you noble... unless you do it very well. For some people, it is only an embittering, disillusioning and life-deadening experience. These people collected here have made suffering transformative, which is the hardest things of all.
Jackie M.
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Re: Middle book:Losing your childhoood/DOPE

JackieM01 wrote:
Please don't feel that way, Cindersue. I think that this group is rather on the upper end, percentage-wise, for loss and of more than one kind. As Lillian Hellman said, suffering doesn't make you noble... unless you do it very well. For some people, it is only an embittering, disillusioning and life-deadening experience. These people collected here have made suffering transformative, which is the hardest things of all.
Jackie M.

Jackie, thanks for your kind words. How lucky we are to be able to share our thoughts and feelings about your book, and every day life. We are especially lucky to have the author join in! I am eager to read another one of your books.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Middle book:Losing your childhood,for lepking and kaikar

cindersue wrote:

vivico1 wrote:
kaikar,
A lot of what I feel now not only comes from what happened to me but also because of things I have done in recent years where I hurt someone I love ...

I just realized that I answered a thread, and there was much more posts after that. Now I feel like a dope! Emotional feelings were expressed and my heart goes out to all of you. I have not experienced the tragedy's you have, but can only imagine the emotionally pain you have endured. I lost 3 family members to cancer and nearly lost my son twice to car accidents. I am constantly telling him how thankful I am to God that he is still with me. This all seems minor to what you have experienced. I am happy that you all have found the good in the ugly that happened to you. Viv, you are very spiritual and encouraging in your words. I, too, lost a great friendship recently. Although there are many miles between us, I hope our paths will cross again. A day doesn't go by where I don't think of my friend and hope that we will be connected again.

You know cindersue, all life experiences are very hard, and I do feel they are suppose to be. We are here to learn valuable lessons. Some we do not even know what they are until we learn them. and maybe then, we have to reach a spiritual level before we do, but your experiences are just as heartwrenching to you as ours was to us. We all have to deal with life ourselves afterwards no matter what the tradegy or how it ends. And Thanking God for your son's merciful recovery from his accidents are also a way to say, God I know you are in control. Everything is placed down for us to learn for the good. If something is not meant to happen, its not going to. That doesnt mean that we can readily except bad things happening to us and our family but sometimes later its comforting to know, that God is in control!
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 686 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: