Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: PICKS FOR MAY

vivico1 wrote:
Hey Debbie,
Read your note and message in the Woods too and lets try this, I can't get anywhere today to get any other book but I will tell you what. Get the others in here who have discussed with us to go for the Woods too, and tomorrow, I will go to the nearest town where I can get it at Barnes and Noble. I guess I should get a membership card there if i am going to stay in the various bookclubs because I called the B&N there and they said its 40% off the these kind,(best sellers) 20% off regular hardbacks and 10% off everything else in there, including their little cafe stuff and magazines lol. On here it says the member price is 16.17 and online is $18.86 but the woman at the store said it was 18.86 in the store regularly, (not the suggested $27 it shows on here) and 40% off that for members so the book would only be $11.32 instead of the suggested price of $27 or the $16.17 for members it shows on here. I can do the $11.32. Got to come up with the $25 membership first but it should pay off over a year at that rate. BillT the LitEditor on here assures me Coben is like this Jackie, hard to put down so everyone can catch up and some dont have their books yet either since its new. This is making my head hurt LOL! Most months, I just know if i want to or not and what one i want to, but yeah I would like to join in conversation on the book with you guys and I will still be in THE ROAD, its too good of a book to miss. I have company coming tonight, for the weekend from Utah, so I can pick it up tomorrow in City but wont get to start reading probably till Monday. So convince me girl to pick one up tomorrow when we go to the city. LOL. Kiakar? What are you going to do? Cindersue? you going to have free time for a bookclub in May? And Debbie, how dare you mention the list they are showing for June to me already and get me looking that far ahead when i cant decide on this one darn month! LOL! as Captain Ahab would say guys...so what say ye all??? :smileywink: Vivian

Viv, you are officially talked into it. I've really liked Coben's books in the past but I know that isn't what you usually read. They are hard to put down and they are full of twists and turns. Just don't hold me responsible if you don't like it! :smileywink:

Sorry about mentioning June already but we must plan ahead! Some of them sound pretty good. OK, we'll take care of May first.
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 266 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: