Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JackieM01
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Jacquelyn Mitchard/ picky mormons, from a mormon/humble

Hi,I certainly was grateful to Mormons for giving me so much and didn't want to offend them; but yes, I did get tired of beating my breast over and over. I really didn't mean it and it was as though, every time, people discovered THE HORROR all over again.
take care
Jackie M.
Author
JackieM01
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Jacquelyn Mitchard/Movie Love

I, too, think 'Cage of Stars' would make an excellent movie and discussion have been ongoing with a young Mormon producer who used to work for TriStar and now is an independent. She's a lovely woman. However, the sadness of the subject makes it a hard sell.
As for 'Deep End,' I didn't have the slightest input beyond telling the director that there were tulips in Wisconsin! I went to the set and had a ball and my then 11-year-old, now 19-year-old son made a movie called 'The Honey Wagon,' about the portable toilets on the movie lot. We had a ball; and I thought the movie -- although it necessarily left out some bits -- was really quite well done. I LOVED being a part of it. I'm just as goofy as anyone else!
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Jacquelyn Mitchard

Hey Jackie.
I was just looking on one site for your book, the deep end of the ocean, and i see there are several editions 1996, 1997,1999,2001. Some hard cover, some soft. Any differences in the text? if so, which one do you suggest? Also i see they have different covers, since we talked a bit about covers here, what was your favorite cover for the deep end? thanks, Vivian
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Jacquelyn Mitchard/ who what and where???

Jackie, a couple of us are having a hard time following what some of your responses are in reference to, because the message is not posted with it or who it was or what they said. I asked about this a couple of times and on one, you start out with, Don't you think??... and I dont know "dont you think" WHAT? or who said what and i really dont want to miss out on any of your remarks as the author. Could you please help me out and quote the post with your response if you dont put a part of it and who said it there, please? I dont mean to be a bother, but man, I am missing your points without knowing what you are talking about on some of them. Thank you so much.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Author
JackieM01
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Jacquelyn Mitchard/no differences

in various editions of 'The Deep End of the Ocean' (there have been 30 editions) -- except for spelling errors, etc.
Jackie M.
Author
JackieM01
0 Kudos

Jackie, a couple of us are having a hard time following what some of your responses are in reference to, because the message is not posted with it or who it was or what they said. I asked about this a couple of times and on one, you start out with, Don't you think??... and I dont know "dont you think" WHAT? or who said what and i really dont want to miss out on any of your remarks as the author. Could you please help me out and quote the post with your response if you dont put a part of it and who said it there, please? I dont mean to be a bother, but man, I am missing your points without knowing what you are talking about on some of them. Thank you so much.

I'm so sorry: I'll try to do this from now on.

Jackie M.

I just don't really "get" the formal way of doing it -- and I'm fighting with two girls over who gets to use the computer for her Webkinz right now as I do this....
Frequent Contributor
cindersue
0 Kudos

Viv wrote:
Jackie, a couple of us are having a hard time following ...

Jackie M.

I just don't really "get" the formal way of doing it -- and I'm fighting with two girls over who gets to use the computer for her Webkinz right now as I do this....

NP, Jackie. I am new to this too. I was told when you want to respond to a specific thread, after you hit reply, on the right hand side is a box "quote post." Hit that and the message you are responding to will be in your message. You can edit it by deleting words or leave the whole thing in.

I have four kids, 3 are away at college right now. It is very peaceful at home! LOL When they come back ... nothing is mine anymore. Including my computer! I have to gently remind them that that is mine and I don't listen to that kind of music, and that loud to boot! LOL Does it work? No. LOL Hang in there. :smileywink:
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

JackieM01 wrote:

Jackie M.

THANK YOU, thank you thank you thank you :smileyhappy: , that helps sooo much! well tell the girls, stop it, mom has to click "quote post" here or i will keept the computer till i type the whole thing out manually! hehe
Vivian
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

cindersue wrote:

Viv wrote:
Jackie, a couple of us are having a hard time following ...

Jackie M.

NP, Jackie. I am new to this too. I was told when you want to respond to a specific thread, after you hit reply, on the right hand side is a box "quote post." Hit that and the message you are responding to will be in your message. You can edit it by deleting words or leave the whole thing in.

I have four kids, 3 are away at college right now. It is very peaceful at home! LOL When they come back ... nothing is mine anymore. Including my computer! I have to gently remind them that that is mine and I don't listen to that kind of music, and that loud to boot! LOL Does it work? No. LOL Hang in there. :smileywink:

Thanks Jackie. Your replies weren't "wrong", it just is so much easier to follow things this way - and we don't want to miss a thing you have to say!

I understand about fighting for the computer. That's why I'm typing this at 2:30 a.m. It's quiet and my teenagers aren't hogging it. Homework, blah, blah, blah...I have book club! :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Jackie,

What inspired you to write about Scott suffering from schizophrenia?

Janet aka homereader
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

well, the discussions have slowed down a lot now and we have a week and a half yet to go. So I was wondering Jackie, there are still several questions on this thread that people have asked and sound interesting to hear about, that you havent maybe had the time to answer yet. Could you check back some and go over our questions again? Its not often we get to talk with an author, so we got to grab ya now :smileywink: thank you in advance.
Vivian
Users Online
Currently online: 25 members 821 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: