Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

favorite sections

Does anyone have any favorite quotes or sections of the book? I do. One of them that really stood out to me is at the ending of the last chapter on pg 284.

"I don't know that I'll ever be as completely happy as someone can be who's never been creased through her center by agony; but I don't think I'm altogether the worse for it, either. I'll never know, because I'll never be anyone else. I know this."
-Ronnie Swan

Jackie, I thought that was a really strong and wise statement. Not everyone can achieve this, but I think some who do feel this way don't know how to acknowlege it. For Ronnie to get to this point it makes me believe she will be alright. She has moved on in her healing process and hopefully can now enjoy her life.
Frequent Contributor
lepking
0 Kudos

Re: favorite sections

There are so many sections that stand out in my mind, but I cried when I read at the very end of the book that Ronnie "knelt at the bench and prayed that Becky and Ruthie, in celestial bliss at the celebration of our Savior's human birth, would bless Juliet, and the baby boy and their niece, my little girl and their little brother."
The first Christmas after my daughter's death, I dreamed 3 times in a row that she was calling me - tell me, "Mommy, you have to come see this, it is so beautiful, there are lights everywhere, we are decorating to celebrate the Savior's birth." And I knew she was okay. lepking
lepking
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 437 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: