Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JamesCitrin
0 Kudos

A Welcome from the Author

[ Edited ]
Dear Reader,

I have been recruiting top business executives for 14 years and have been a student of leadership for over a decade. And I’ve been an athlete my entire life -- three varsity sports in high school and college, 7 marathons, the world triathlon championship, single-digit handicap golfer, competitive tennis player today. I have also been interested for a long time in finding out what separates the enduring champions, those that stay on a positive life trajectory, growing as people, and contributing to the greater good, from the many other sports stars or celebrities who implode and crash and burn. Three years in the making, I’m proud to invite you to discuss my brand new book, The Dynamic Path, which weaves all of this together.

The book offers an innovative and inspirational journey to professional achievement and personal fulfillment based on extensive research and candid interviews with some of the most-prominent men and women of our age -- from astronauts to Olympians to CEOs. Building on my years of CEO recruiting experience, leadership research, and quality time spent with such great leaders as Colin Powell, Tony Hawk, Mia Hamm, Bill Bradley, Arnold Palmer, Lance Armstrong, Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Eric Heiden, Buzz Aldrin, and Bono, among many others, I have been able to create an inspiring development program called The Dynamic Path. By guiding readers toward individual, organizational, and social transformation, they will be able to apply The Dynamic Path immediately to excel as individuals, leaders, and forces for change (even as athletes!).

Please join me in the BN.com Book Club to discuss it with me and pepper me with as challenging questions as possible. I thank you in advance for your interest.

Jim Citrin

Message Edited by Jessica on 09-19-2007 09:56 AM

Learn more about
The Dynamic Path
New User
chipaustin
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from the Author

Kudos to you Jim, I like your take on excellence as it applies to all walks of life with lessons from the top to be applied from previously unexplored space...my personal favorite Tony Hawk! Looking forward to discussing further.
Author
JamesCitrin
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome from the Author

Hi Chip,

Great to hear from you! Yes, this book was an incredible experience - look forward to talking more and very soon.

Jim

Learn more about
The Dynamic Path
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 533 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: