Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself!

Hello James Rollins fans!

Here's where we can say a bit about ourselves and what brings us here. Have you read his other books in the Sigma Force series? What other authors do you like?
Stephanie
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi, I'm Vivian from oklahoma. I just love to read and I like science and science fiction. Have started reading thrillers too and was intrigued by the blip on this book. I have not read any of the authors other books so this will be totally new to me. I am trying to get it read by monday when we start. Very good book so far, had me looking up a few things historically :smileywink: . Looking forward to the club.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
New User
BobD
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Bob from Florida. I've been a James Rollins fan from the beginning and have read all of his novels. An avid traveler for both business and pleasure I occasionally find myself in the places that he writes about. It adds a whole new dimension and excitement to my travels. While I haven't completed "Judas Strain" yet I eagerly await the adventure that James will lead us on!
New User
tbehringer
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm Todd from Wisconsin. I'm a huge fan and have read all Mr. Rollins works. The Judas Strain was exceptional and I can't wait to learn even more about these characters in the next novel!
New User
lanitaslace
0 Kudos

Hi, I am Lanita (Magnolia, TX) and have followed James' adventures for three years. His books have a little bit of everything in them and I enjoy them immensely. I have never written to anybody famous for anything...frankly, so few offerings inspire me. This seems a little weird and out of character for me, but I truly believe in telling good things and James deserves praise for his work. Hope I did this correctly and he gets the message.
New User
paula109
0 Kudos

Hi. I'm Paula from Arizona. I love James Rollins books. I have every book he has ever written. I like reading science fantasy and horror. I especially loved the books that Mr. Rollins wrote that took place underground and I wish he would write another book along those lines.
Paula R. Eddy
Contributor
BryVal
0 Kudos

Hello, My name is Bryan. I actually just read the sample chapter that is on this site. I found it to be very interesting, I have plans of picking up the book tommorrow and will start reading right away. Hopefully I will be far enough along to join in on the discussion starting on Monday.

See you all on Monday,

Bryan
Author
JamesRollins
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan, Paula, Lanita, Todd, Bob, and Vivian! Glad to have you in the club...you are all plainly early-adopters (grin). You beat ME to the club site! Thanks for your enthusiasm. It's heartily appreciated.

Jim

Learn more about The Judas Strain.
New User
amelia0808
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I can't believe I'm going to be involved in a book discussion with James Rollins!!! Mr. Rollins you are such an exceptional author and I am hooked on all of your books. I love the "three pillars" that you base your books on. I am a big fan of yours. My name is Amy and I live in Utah and am so excited to begin Judas Strain with all of you.
Author
JamesRollins
0 Kudos

Hi Amy! Welcome!

Jim

Contributor
zonadude
0 Kudos

Hi,

My name is Mike, and I live in the midwest/midsouth. I have read all of JR's books, and loved every single one of them. My favorite is Map of Bones. I cannot wait to read the adaptation of the Indiana Jones movie, as I think Mr. Rollins is by far the best man for the job.

nice to see you all, and just wanted to say hello.
Frequent Contributor
hawaiianchique
0 Kudos

Hello! The Judas Strain is the first book I've read by James Rollins. I can't wait to read all of his other works!!! I couldn't put this book down. I'm officially a James Rollins fan now.
Author
JamesRollins
0 Kudos

Ah, so now I know your name, Mike (AKA Zonadude)....now I can answer your posts "Hey Mike" instead of "Hey Zona." (grin)

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

JamesRollins wrote:
Ah, so now I know your name, Mike (AKA Zonadude)....now I can answer your posts "Hey Mike" instead of "Hey Zona." (grin)

Jim, Mike and All-

There's an excellent feature for adding your signature automatically to your posts. You can find it under My Profile (top of page). That way, we can call you by your name (whatever you'd like to be called) instead of your screen name.
Stephanie
Contributor
Jennie
0 Kudos

Hi
I'm Jennie and I bake cookies and read a lot when not busy teaching school. My favorite author is James Rollins (no surprise there). I have had the pleasure of attending three talks/book signings and Dr. Jim is a great guy and a lot of fun to talk to.
I have read all of his books at least once and most of them twice. He just can't crank them out fast enough! They are all great reads so those of you who haven't read them all had best do it. My whole family and circle of reading friends love his books. I am pleased to see that Costco continues to carry Judas Strain and several of his paperbacks.
You keep writing Jim, and I will keep baking you cookies!
Jennie
Jennie B
Frequent Contributor
Vila
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My name is Vila, (no surprises for my user ID. I live in Utah, and work for eBay Customer Support.

I was looking for something new to read and picked up a few of Jim's books in WalMart back in June. I have now read all of the books he wrote under the Rollins pen name, except for The Judas Strain which I should have in a few days.

The reason I like Jim's books so much is the information he packs in them about Archeology (I want to be a volunteer archaeologist when I retire), new scientific knowledge, and tying all that together with old mysteries. It makes for a really fun read.

I will start on Jim's other books that he writes under the James Clemens name, as soon as I finish The Judas Strain.

And Jim, it's all your fault that I spend all my spare time reading instead of getting the chores done around the house, but I think that can be seen as a good thing.
Author
JamesRollins
0 Kudos

Jennie writes: "I bake cookies"

She is mistaken. She bakes GREAT cookies (and fudge)!

Jim

Author
JamesRollins
0 Kudos

Vila writes: "It's all your fault that I spend all my spare time reading instead of getting the chores done around the house"

Hi Vila,

One comment: A clean house is over-rated!

Thanks!

Jim

Frequent Contributor
smg5775
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi! I'm Sheila from Pittsburgh, PA. This is the first James Rollins book I've read but it won't be the last. Thoroughly enjoyed it!!! I read just about anything. I drive one of my sisters crazy because she can't categorize me. I just finished SHADOW DIVERS by Robert Kurson. It's a true story about deep sea wreck divers who discover an unidentified U-boat off the New Jersey coast in 1991 and how they went about identifying it. Great book!

Message Edited by smg5775 on 08-08-2007 10:58 PM
Sheila
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Great to see you all- Hi again, Sheila!

Jennie- I want some cookies!

And Jim, I have to agree with your comment to Vila whole-heartedly... except I'm not really sure what a clean house is. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 289 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: