Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Re: WHO WOULD YOU HAVE PLAY WHO, IF THIS WAS A MOVIE, just for fun thread

vivico1 wrote:

JamesRollins wrote:
Wow...I'm gone for 24 hours and you all have casted the entire movie! I really like the idea of Terry O'Quinn as Gray's father. He would do a great job!

Jim

See what happens when you leave us alone in your playground for 24 hours? lol
OK then we have a consensus on Clive Owen, Lucy Lui, and Terry O'Quinn. Also we got Vin Diesel for Kowalski and some votes for Stephen Rea for Vigor. A couple of us think James Caviezel would be good for monk but we have suggestions of Russell Crowe and Bruce Willis too. Lisa we seem to agree on Julianne Moore. But we are pretty split on who plays Susan, we got Helen Hunt, Charlize Theron and Krisanna Loken. I am leaning towards Theron or Loken, what do you guys think? and we got a couple of suggestions for Painter, Ray Liotta or Andrew Roa, anyone else like either of them? We need Grays mom too and a couple of us think that of the ones mentioned, Helen Mirren would be good and could play well with Terry. I still like Jeff Goldblum for Ryder, does anyone else? Or any other suggestions? Also what nationality was Nassar again? We need Nassar...now theres a Christopher Walken type role LOL, but what was his age and nationality? OH, and what about the woman holding Gray's parents, and the asian woman on the ship who never showed emotion, but did save the children? And one good younger man for the young doctor or assistant that helped Lisa on the ship and helped them all escape? We cant leave him out. I think thats most of who we need that the others could just be covered by casting lol. We are getting there lol. Any votes on the ones other than the first three or five mentioned? We need a consensus on Susan,Monk, Painter, Gray's mom, Ryder, Nassar, the two women working for Nassar and the young guy but some good ideas there on some. This is kinda fun LOL. :smileywink:

hey Seattle1
You mentioned Ray Liotta here, if not for Painter, what about for Monk! I can see him doing all the things Monk does in this. What about that? He could make a good Monk too.
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Frequent Contributor
Vila
0 Kudos

I just looked Ray Liotta up in IMDB, and he looks like Monk to me!!.

Helen Mirran I think would be good as Gray's Mom.

Andrew Roa with blue contacts as Painter Crow.

I like Kristanna Loken as Susan.

Still have to think about the others.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

Vila wrote:
I just looked Ray Liotta up in IMDB, and he looks like Monk to me!!.

Helen Mirran I think would be good as Gray's Mom.

Andrew Roa with blue contacts as Painter Crow.

I like Kristanna Loken as Susan.

Still have to think about the others.

I agree with you on all those Vila :smileywink: and we got Gray, Lisa, Seichan, Kowalski and Vigor, so just need the two bad women and Ryder. And maybe the young assistant to Lisa, Monk's wife could be casting, she doesnt have a big role. OH and Nassar!
Vivian
~Those who do not read are no better off than those who can not.~ Chinese proverb
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

I have a few new ideas for everyone:
How about for Gray, Luke Wilson, for Monk I always pictured Steve Zahn from Sahara and Joy Ride as a more funny guy, and that guy from transporter 1 and 2 could also could play monk, sorry I don't know his name. And how about the The Rock as either Painter or Nasser, I believe Nasser was supposed to be egyptian so it has to be some one with darker skin, but I doubt that The Rock would be good just sitting behind a desk as painter maybe in sandstorm though.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:
I have a few new ideas for everyone:
How about for Gray, Luke Wilson, for Monk I always pictured Steve Zahn from Sahara and Joy Ride as a more funny guy, and that guy from transporter 1 and 2 could also could play monk, sorry I don't know his name. And how about the The Rock as either Painter or Nasser, I believe Nasser was supposed to be egyptian so it has to be some one with darker skin, but I doubt that The Rock would be good just sitting behind a desk as painter maybe in sandstorm though.

I dont know Sully, I cant see Luke Wilson as either of these guys and Steven Zahn, he is more like maybe one of the bad guys on the ship but not a major player in the story. He is kind of the goofy shaggy bad fumbling bad guy type that I cant see him pulling off one of the major parts. If we go with guys like the Rock or Bruce Willis as any of them, it could turn into one of "their" movies, and you are right, cant see him behind a desk, I think the other guys we talked about would be better there. ROck could play Nassar tho with his dark looks or you know could too, now that you reminded me he's Egyptian, Antonio Banderes! He is not Egyptian but he could sure play one and with those deep set eyes, I think I would be in love the the bad guy LOL. But I have seen him play a bad guy once and he was really good at it, very cold. OOOO, would love to get Antonio in on this for something lol. He can really play a guy with attitude and thats Nassar. I know the names of just two Egyptian actors but I wonder if in this atmosphere right now, making the Egyptian bad guy a REAL Egyptian, if there would be a backlash. Heck if Shawn Connery can play a russian and Indiana Jones; father or anyone else with his accent, then Antonio or any good Latino actor could play Nassar. Do you know any other female asian actresses that we could use for the one on the ship? Or got any ideas for Ryder? They dont have to be mega stars so should be some to choose from huh?
Vivian
Frequent Contributor
Vila
0 Kudos

Luke Wilson could be a good Gray. Luke also has that serious, introspective look along with the athletic build.

I can't picture Steve Zahn as Monk, just because Steve is so d**n hilarious, but that doesn't mean Steve couldn't do a good job of portraying Monk.

I cannot picture the Rock as Painter Crowe, simply because of the fact that Painter is half Native American. The Rock, who is Hawaiian, simply does not have a Native American look to his features.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Vila wrote:
Luke Wilson could be a good Gray. Luke also has that serious, introspective look along with the athletic build.

I can't picture Steve Zahn as Monk, just because Steve is so d**n hilarious, but that doesn't mean Steve couldn't do a good job of portraying Monk.

I cannot picture the Rock as Painter Crowe, simply because of the fact that Painter is half Native American. The Rock, who is Hawaiian, simply does not have a Native American look to his features.

We got Gray, one that even Jim likes lol, Clive, how about the guys we dont have? What do you think of a latino playing Nassar? Like Antonio or Andy Garcia, he can play a good mean guy! Where are the sons of Omar Shariff and Anthony Quinn, when you need them? lol

Hey, you know, Lou Diamond Phillips is still around and he is 45, for Painter:
http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Phillips,_Lou_Diamond/gallery/SGG-031086/

see what you think of him for painter, hes native american.

I still kinda like the looks of Andrew Roa in that shot tho,at the bottom of this page, with the tie and gun. He just seems like he has the build for a government guy who can do field work too. Plus I can see him with Annette Moore very easily.
http://www.andrewroa.com/

but thats two possibilities? What do you think?

Message Edited by vivico1 on 08-13-2007 07:11 PM

Message Edited by vivico1 on 08-13-2007 07:17 PM
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

the guy from the trasporter movies name is jason statham, he looks good for monk I think cause monk is supposed to be small and bald I think, also if you seen his movies they are very physical.

some other ideas for an asian actress could be kelly wu, I think thats her name from x-men 2 and scorpion king or that girl from crouching tiger hidden dragon and rush hour 2, though she doesn't speak english that well if its needed. Also was the girl on the ship asian, I thought is was just the girl after gray's parents that was.

one more native american I can think of is the guy from windtalkers and flags of our fathers.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:
the guy from the trasporter movies name is jason statham, he looks good for monk I think cause monk is supposed to be small and bald I think, also if you seen his movies they are very physical.

some other ideas for an asian actress could be kelly wu, I think thats her name from x-men 2 and scorpion king or that girl from crouching tiger hidden dragon and rush hour 2, though she doesn't speak english that well if its needed. Also was the girl on the ship asian, I thought is was just the girl after gray's parents that was.

one more native american I can think of is the guy from windtalkers and flags of our fathers.

yeah Jason Statham really doesnt look what I pictured monk. Monk isnt small and bald is he? I hope hes not bald, I sure didnt picture him that way at all. Let me see who you got on the others. We need a good asian fighter type woman :smileywink:.
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

maybe someone else knows, but monk is short cause I skimed map of bone towards the beginning and it said kat was a head taller. I guess kat could be huge though I don't know, but I am not sure about him being bald I guess if others don't remember him like that maybe he's not.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

vivico1 wrote:

nsully wrote:

yeah Jason Statham really doesnt look what I pictured monk. Monk isnt small and bald is he? I hope hes not bald, I sure didnt picture him that way at all. Let me see who you got on the others. We need a good asian fighter type woman :smileywink:.

I checked and her name is Kelly Hu. Took a little looking to find some good pics of her or up close but hey sully, I think you found the Asian woman from the ship! :smileywink: She could do it I bet. Here's some pics of her?
http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Hu,_Kelly/Pictures/
I loved crouching Tiger.

I really like Adam Beach from Wind Talkers, but hes barely in his mid 30s and looks very young. He doesnt seem to have the maturity of a Painter who has seen it and done it.
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

I think the guy from windtalkers is also a bit short cause painter is tall I think.

and the other asians girl's name is ziyi zhang.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:
I think the guy from windtalkers is also a bit short cause painter is tall I think.

and the other asians girl's name is ziyi zhang.

sully and villa, what do you think of Jeff Goldblum for Ryder? did you see that post? And do you prefer Ray Liotta or James Caviezel for Monk? lets try those two characters of the book awhile and see, but I looked and didnt see anything about Monk being short or bald. It doesnt seem to fit his character anyway LOL. Sully, I think your Kelly Hu would work for the Asian on the boat or the one holding the parents. I think they are both asian women. I think Nassar seems to work with them the most. But what about those two guys? What do you two think of those two options, and anyone else helping us cast this too LOL, what do you think? Lets do those characters and come back to Nassar and Painter then. Man, arent you glad we dont have to do this for real! LOL, and like they would all say yes right off. I bet Jim is even getting tired of our hunt LOL.
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

I think if you go to chapter 4 or 5 in map of bones it does say monk is shorter than kat and stocky, I have not heard stocky used for a taller man. ray liotta is not that tall any way, but jim caviezel is tall and and lanky I think. jeff goldblum can play just about anything, so I bet he could do the australian acsent. for nasser I do like the rock, and one more idea for him could be the iraqi guy from lost, he's my favorite character on that show and could easily play a villan.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

nsully wrote:
I think if you go to chapter 4 or 5 in map of bones it does say monk is shorter than kat and stocky, I have not heard stocky used for a taller man. ray liotta is not that tall any way, but jim caviezel is tall and and lanky I think. jeff goldblum can play just about anything, so I bet he could do the australian acsent. for nasser I do like the rock, and one more idea for him could be the iraqi guy from lost, he's my favorite character on that show and could easily play a villan.

Well, ok see you have the advantage here of having read other books and know that Monk existed before this book. This is the first book I have ever read of Rollins, but not the last :smileywink:. But for the sake of this one story, just it as a movie, not having knowledge of these guys from anything else, I didnt get a feel of a short stocky guy at all or bald, so I was assuming we were looking at this movie as one made from just this book and the characters as you see or feel them here. Ok, I am bummed that Monk is short and stocky and bald :smileysad: but then I didnt want him some big buff abs of steel guy either, thats why we came up with James and Ray, just by thinking about this character. If we go just by what you feel about him in this one (if you can do that with what you know about him from previous books) can we make him something more like one of them? lol, I really am bummed now LOL. OK, in your movie you can make him short and stocky and bald but I wont in mine LOL :smileywink: Might as well send Danny deVito scrambling up and over the canopy then! :smileysurprised:

Man sully, you sure make a person hunt the internet for names...you know that guy that played that one guy in that show where..... ROFL! OK, I will look and then come back and you will have already found him and THEN tell me after I hunted this one huh.

Ok, I checked and thought I would put it on this one not add another post, but if you mean Naveen Andrews from Lost, he's actually a Canadian born of Indian decent I think but yeah, hes a good candidate for the Egyptian Nassar sully, lets see what others think :smileywink: :
http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Andrews,_Naveen/Pictures/

Message Edited by vivico1 on 08-13-2007 10:21 PM
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I dissapointed you about monk, I guess I thought most had read the other books, you will enjoy map of bone anyway i'm sure. also sorry I don't know names of actors, but I enjoy their work enough to remember what they look like I guess.

an idea for vigor I thought of might be donald sutherland, I don't remember how he was descibed though.

the best thing about books is that everyone see's a differant cast of characters. maybe jim will come reveal who he pictures for cast sometime.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:
I'm sorry I dissapointed you about monk, I guess I thought most had read the other books, you will enjoy map of bone anyway i'm sure. also sorry I don't know names of actors, but I enjoy their work enough to remember what they look like I guess.

an idea for vigor I thought of might be donald sutherland, I don't remember how he was descibed though.

the best thing about books is that everyone see's a differant cast of characters. maybe jim will come reveal who he pictures for cast sometime.

I am kidding you Sully and look again, I added to that post a link to see the guy from Lost, I think he could work. A couple of us think James Rhea would make a good Vigor, he has that Italian look and haunted look by things he knows and like Donald Sutherland, he has played a priest, but an Italian one, Donald is so fair, he usually plays the Irish ones and Vigor, I think, we should keep his character true to the look of an Italian, dont you? If hes going to be part of the Vatican group? I am pushy about these guys huh LOL, but I gave in on some of them that believe it or not were NOT my idea LOLOL. I am just the agent for the other ones is all. hehe
I think we got a good Gray, his parents, Lisa and Susan, Ryder, Kowalski, Seichen, close to a consensus on Monk and you found us another asian girl for the boat. So who we have left is Nassar, the woman who has his parents and a decision on Monk. I am with you about Jeff Goldblum can play anything and i can see him playing Ryder for the reasons I talked about. As for the Aussie accent, I dont know that he does accents, never heard him do one but I dont think he has to either for that role. We need to decide between Rock, one of the latino guys, and Naveen, for Nassar and if you think James Caviezel just wont work for Monk, then I will go along with the other suggestion too of Ray Liotta. I think those were the best two of the ones we discussed, so thats 3 votes for Ray, i think LOL. Now for Nassar guys. Some good choices there.
Vivian
Contributor
nsully
0 Kudos

well I still vote for jason statham for monk, but it's cool if i'm out voted and like both rock and naveen for sasser.

is there any more characters we missed other than small parts?

also I should point out that monk is not bald, I think he shaves his head if he doesn't have hair, if that helps you out. he may have hair in this book I guess, its hard to let an image you have in your head go once its there, I guess you would understand that one vivico, ehh.
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:
well I still vote for jason statham for monk, but it's cool if i'm out voted and like both rock and naveen for sasser.

also I should point out that monk is not bald, I think he shaves his head if he doesn't have hair, if that helps you out. he may have hair in this book I guess, its hard to let an image you have in your head go once its there, I guess you would understand that one vivico, ehh.

see if both of the women, the one on the boat and the one holding Gray's parents are Asian, if so you appear to know more of the Asian actresses, so could you give us some more ideas for them if they are both Asian and do we want to pick a guy for the young assistant to Lisa, who played a pretty major role there for awhile? Other than that, lets see where vila, suetu , jim and anyone else weighs in on the choices we have thrown out there so far for Nassar, Monk and Ryder. Then we can all show our final lists of players before this is over :smileywink:
Vivian
Scribe
vivico1
0 Kudos

nsully wrote:

OK, tell you what. I couldnt find anything before on Jason Statham as far as pictures of him that werent just a couple of shots with him in sunglasses or from a few years ago and they made him too young, cause hes only in mid 30s now but that could work. I really had to search for a sight with pics of him on it where I could see him up close and finally found one. I couldnt tell anything from the other shots and I dont know him at all, even looking at him. I guess I have never seen one of his movies. But from this site, I guess he might could play Monk. If anyone wants him over Ray Liotta or James Caviezel, I will join in on it, cause I dont know him anyway. Heres some pics for anyone to say, so who will it be for Monk of these three guys everyone? (the site for James is already on here).
http://www.iballer.com/malecelebs/statham/index.htm
Vivian