Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Favorite quotes, passages, twists, and allusions?

Some of our more serious talk about the TN novels may never get to explore the many wonderful and wild little twists and turns along the way. Please use this thread to note your favorite quotations and passages!
Contributor
jenniferK
0 Kudos

Favorite part of the book

Is there a section of "The First Among Sequels" that you really enjoyed or gave you a good laugh?
One of my favorites was when Thursday had to go to a Council of Genres meeting with her trainee Thursday5 and everyone was so excited that there might be a chance that Harry Potter might show up to discuss books becoming videos games. It cracked me up thinking the boy wizard was just as popular in the BookWorld as he is in our Reader World, but he couldn't make an appearance because of copywrite laws.
I also loved how the book starts out talking about the Stupidity Surplus the country was suffering. Everyone was worried because all the politicans were making sensible and just decisions... this brought tears to my eyes laughing.
Frequent Contributor
songgirl7
0 Kudos

Re: Favorite part of the book

I also liked the reference to Harry Potter. Especially as some critics are calling Thursday "Harry Potter for adults."

I liked the part where Thursday goes into the Nothing and there are no words, so the story is told in pictures, like a comic book. Very clever.

I liked the Future Chronoguard members meeting, where people see themselves going out as they come in, and they already know what questions are going to be asked, except for Friday's questions.
See what I'm reading now: Goodreads.com

"I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop the standing, and the walking and the putting-words-into-sentences doing."
Frequent Contributor
suetu
0 Kudos

What I liked was the intergration of references to contemporary fictional characters like Harry and Temperance Brennan. I love the classic characters, but it's a lot of fun opening the door to all sorts of contemporary references and humor too.
Susan
0 Kudos

The logic behind the stupidity surplus is AWESOME! In my constant effort to try to get my partner to read these books, I was reading that part to her before we even made it home from the bookstore. :smileyvery-happy:
Frequent Contributor
Kourt
0 Kudos

My favorite part was Thursday learning the truth about Jenny and then going on like the conversation never happen and continuing her talk with Friday, Landen, and Tuesday.
Contributor
ldtchr
0 Kudos

UGH this is a HARD question!! Right now (since this is subject to change) my favorite sections are when Thursday asks Landon to rate their love session and he tells her she was pretty terrible . . . who wouldn't want to hear that if your clone or fiction-double had just snuck in a chance with your spouse/partner!?!?!?!? And, the other part was Thursday rewrote the Pride and Prejudice reality show script to follow what usually happens.

Oh, wait, the cheese that had to be chained down - that's just another story waiting to happen! Okay, I suppose I shouldn't have opened the book to find my favorite part since it seems to be not helping :smileyhappy:!
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 296 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: