Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Abbynorm
0 Kudos

Re: Please introduce yourselves!

Thanks Songirl & Paigeturner for your cat name suggestions. I'll try each of them out on "Bad Cat" to see if any fit. Another friend suggested Humpty Dumpty so that's in the running.

Back to the Book - I concur with BookBabe, I'm not much of a club joiner either and it's hard to find someone who can really converse about the Fforde series.
Frequent Contributor
songgirl7
0 Kudos

How about the Cat Formerly Known As Cheshire? You could call him "Cheshie" for short or something.
See what I'm reading now: Goodreads.com

"I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop the standing, and the walking and the putting-words-into-sentences doing."
Reader
lchernabog
0 Kudos

Hi all,
I'm Lisa and I live in Massachusetts.
I was first introduced to Jasper Fforde in the fall 2002, I think. My son had started working at a local bookstore. One of the booksellers there got to know me and recommended 'The Eyre Affair'. I've been hooked ever since!
New User
Coralee
0 Kudos

Hi everybody. My name is Cori. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mom of 3. My oldest is decided that she would rather attend "real" school for high school so she is now at an arts magnet school. I totally get the references to grunty teenagers.
I started reading the Nursery Crime series about a year ago because of a recommendation made by our local library. I fell completely in love with the books and promptly read all of them in a very short time. I have recommended them to everyone I know. I'm sure that I probably miss half of the references while reading and look forward to actually discussing them with others.
Contributor
craftimoose
0 Kudos

Greetings!
My name is Mandy. :smileyhappy: I started with the Eyre Affair way back when (and I'm rereading it currently). It was calling to me from a bookshelf at Barnes and Noble. An employee had listed it as their favorite book and I thought I'd give it a shot.:smileyhappy: Since then, I've gotten my sister hooked, although she prefers nursery crime to Thursday, but she reads them both regularly. :smileyhappy: I'm glad to see another book club dedicated to Thursday :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
New User
RobertaP
0 Kudos

Hello

I was hooked after page one of "The Eyre Affair". I urge every book lover I know to read these books. I'm wait listed at the local library for this one. I tried the audio version but hearing the story does not capture the whole experience of these novels.

Roberta P
Staunton, VA
New User
Lnesbit69
0 Kudos

Re: Please introduce yourselves!From Lnesbit69- Hello

I've never read any of his books, but plan to go pick one up. I read 3-4 books a week and most of them are romance novels so this will be different.
Contributor
ldtchr
0 Kudos

I am in Michigan and cannot remember when I picked up my first Fforde novel. I'm pretty sure I've read them all but Fourth Bear - which is next on my list. I have a 6 yr old, a 4 yr old and teach 3/4 time at a private school for students with LD and ADHD, so I don't always have tons of time to read for me. When I do, most people can tell when I'm reading a Thursday novel though - they can hear me laughing across the house and am frequently quoting portions while chuckling in the staff room, family gatherings or whenever else the fancy strikes me. I love the language play and as an English major, find some humorous and ironic nostalgia when reading and experiencing Thursday's adventures.
New User
sirensong55
0 Kudos

I am new to this B&N book club and am anxiously awaiting my first Jasper Fforde book. I have never read this author and can't seem to figure out how I missed him given the praise for him I have read. His books seem to be something I would enjoy immensely. So I am doubly new!
Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 248 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: