Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Barbara
0 Kudos

Recommended Reading

Untitled The Thursday Next Novels

The Eyre Affair
The world is introduced to renowned Special Operative in literary detection, Thursday Next. When Jane Eyre is plucked from the pages of Brontë's novel, Thursday must track down the villain and enter the novel herself to avert a heinous act of literary homicide.

Lost in a Good Book
Tuesday Next is back in another ingenious adventure. In Lost in a Good Book, our delightful literary interloper ventures into forbidding classics from Edgar Allan Poe to Beatrix Potter. Thursday moonlights as a Prose Resource Operative in the secret world of Jurisfiction in the hopes that Goliath Corporation will return her eradicated love. Thursday finds herself the target of a series of potentially lethal coincidences and the only one who can prevent the unidentifiable pink sludge from engulfing all life on earth.

The Well of Lost Plots
The pregnant Thursday is looking for a respite from her demanding job and looks to take it easy in the unread and unreadable Caversham Heights, a cliché ridden pulp mystery hidden in the depths of the Well of Lost Plots, where all unpublished books reside. She quickly discovers that the Well of Lost Plots isn't quite the quiet getaway she hoped for; rather, it is a veritable linguistic free for all where grammasites run rampant, plot devices are hawked on the black market, and lousy books are scrapped for salvage. To top it all off, a murderer is stalking Jurisfiction.

Something Rotten
Thursday finds that after a leave of absence, returning to SepcOps is no snap - as outlaw fictioneer Yorrick Kaine plots for absolute power, the return of Swindon's patron saint foretells doom, and if that isn't bad enough, back in the Book World The Merry Wives of Windsor is becoming entangled with Hamlet.

The Nursery Crime Series

Big Over Easy
We meet detective Jack Spratt, family man and head of Reading's Nursery Crime Division. He's investigating the murder of ovoid D-class nursery celebrity Humpty Dumpty, ex-convict and lover of women, found shattered to death beneath a wall in a shabby area of town. All the brittle pieces point to foul play.

The Fourth Bear
Detective Jack Spratt and Sergeant Mary Mary long to collar the Gingerbreadman - psychopath, sadist, criminal genius, cookie - who's at large in Reading. Instead, they're demoted to searching for missing journalist Henrietta "Goldy" Hatchett. The last witnesses to see her alive were the reclusive three bears, and Jack thinks there's something odd about their story.
Frequent Contributor
songgirl7
0 Kudos

Re: Recommended Reading

Will there be another Nursery Crime book? The epilogue in The Fourth Bear gave me the impression that the series would not be continued.
See what I'm reading now: Goodreads.com

"I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop the standing, and the walking and the putting-words-into-sentences doing."
Contributor
jenniferK
0 Kudos

I hope there is another Nursery Crime book, I was getting really into the characters in "The Fourth Bear".
Contributor
craftimoose
0 Kudos

The bears' relationship to porridge was the best part about the Fourth Bear. I tried to explain it to my partner (who hasn't read any of the series yet) and she thought I was nuts *hee hee*!
Users Online
Currently online: 74 members 315 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: