Contributor
jenniferK
0 Kudos

Thursday's children

As I read "First Among Sequels" I found I had to pay extra special attention to all of Thursday's and Landen's children to remember which characteristics went with who. I know Friday is the grunt teenager, Tuesday was to be a super genius, but were all the kids supposed to be super smart? What does everyone else think about Thursday's son and daugthers?
Frequent Contributor
songgirl7
0 Kudos

Re: Thursday's children

I think the whole Jenny thing is weird, and I'm disappointed in the end of the Chronoguard. I know they caused a lot of trouble, but there were so many plot opportunities with that idea. Of course, with time travel, anything is possible, so I guess Friday could invent it in the future and bring it back to the past...
See what I'm reading now: Goodreads.com

"I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop the standing, and the walking and the putting-words-into-sentences doing."
Contributor
jenniferK
0 Kudos

What really through me first about Jenny was in fact that her name was Jenny, would have thought she would have been a day of the week to. Not being named Saturday or Sunday was like a clue that she was "different" from the other two.
New User
Coralee
0 Kudos

I was def. intrigued by the children. I think that I picked up on the fact that something was different about Jenny almost half way through the book. I would have liked to have seen more about that plot line and hope to see more of it in the future. I would also like to see Friday and young Thursday possibly turn into being the continuation of the series. Especially Friday since his early roots were in the Book World.
Contributor
craftimoose
0 Kudos

Jenny threw me for a loop. I thought it was a little weird that there might be a Jenny instead of another day of the week, but as Thursday is the only day of the week amongst her siblings, I went with it. Man oh man, once Landen clued me in though, it just made me giggle. :smileyhappy: I think I need to read the book again (if I ever get it back from my sister) to reread and see what obvious clues I was missing.
Contributor
ldtchr
0 Kudos

I totally busted a gut when I read about Jenny. Then I laughed some more that I had never even noticed how she wasn't ever involved in anything with the family. I wonder what it would be like to have a child who was out of sight, and only-in-your-mind??
Contributor
jenniferK
0 Kudos

The Jenny being there in mind and not body is strange, and can be a bit confusing at times, but I think it is one of the things that shows that Thursday is not perfect and has been defeated at some point.
Doesn't the whole Jenny "not being there" thing make you think of how some TV sitcoms start out with like a family of 5 (with 3 kids) but as the series goes on one of the three kids never seem to be around anymore?
Contributor
ldtchr
0 Kudos

Jenny does remind me of the "sitcom" kid, of course she probably won't be brought back later played by a different actress who looks not quite the same...
Frequent Contributor
suetu
0 Kudos

I've just posted a question about this for Jasper, but wasn't Jenny Thursday's grandma's name?
Susan
0 Kudos

jenniferK wrote:
The Jenny being there in mind and not body is strange, and can be a bit confusing at times, but I think it is one of the things that shows that Thursday is not perfect and has been defeated at some point.
Doesn't the whole Jenny "not being there" thing make you think of how some TV sitcoms start out with like a family of 5 (with 3 kids) but as the series goes on one of the three kids never seem to be around anymore?

Like on Happy Days, when the oldest brother went upstairs and then never came back down again?
See what I'm reading now: Goodreads.com

"I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking the coffee, I stop the standing, and the walking and the putting-words-into-sentences doing."
Users Online
Currently online:27 members 348 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: