Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Introduce Yourself!

Here's where we can say a bit about ourselves and what brings us here. Did you read Sierra's previous novel, Secret Supper? What else are you reading?
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Hi---I'm a retired school librarian from New England. I love mysteries and thrillers and novels set in southwest Florida. But I have gotten into all kinds of genres since I belong to an in-person book club where we have tried all sorts of books.The description of The Lady in Blue caught my interest. I found the topic fascinating and love the way the author went from one locale of characters to another or from the 1990s back to 1629 by chapter divisions. I'm looking forward to discussing the book with the author and other participants.
Librarian
Reader
AndreaLee
0 Kudos

AndreaLee

Hi! I have been away from the Book Clubs for a while. Reading, many genres, has always been an important part of my life. I read The Secret Supper with B&N book club and have been awaiting Mr. Sierra's next book.
Contributor
Liamum
0 Kudos

Hello. I am new to the book clubs here. I am looking forward to reading this book and discussing it. I love books with religious elements/topics. I did not read Secret Supper.
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Hi all,

It's a real pleasure to take part in this discussion group about my latest novel "The Lady in Blue". During the last months, I have been travelling a lot doing some extra research about the topics of this novel, and I feel I have many new insights to share with you all. In fact, let me say that I am currently filming a documentary based on the real arguments behind this book. I have just returned from New Mexico where I had the opportunity to interview some scholars about how influental was the legend of the Lady in Blue for the first explorers of the American Southwest. For sure we could talk about this and many more in the days to come.

For everyone, I would like to recommend you a quick visit to the official website of the book at www.TheLadyinBlue.net, where you will find lots of extra information, videos and pictures about this novel.

And a very last comment: I would like to apologize for my English. I hope you will find it comprenhensible enough!

All best wishes from Madrid, Spain.

Javier Sierra

Message Edited by LitEditor on 08-06-2007 12:23 PM

Learn more about The Lady in Blue.
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie, and all!

Glad to be back into another discussion, of what looks like a wonderful page turning novel by Javier Sierra. As yet, I haven't started reading The Lady In Blue, but I am certainly looking forward to it after reading the into!

I'm Kathy S., a resident of Southern California, and B&N.com!

Hope to see all of you soon!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Welcome, Javier! I'm looking forward to speaking with you about all of this information surrounding your novel, and seeing what secrets lurk within! Sounds intriguing, to say the least!
And don't worry about your English, it's impeccable - better than mine, and English is my native language! I heard your interview on B&N.com, and I love your voice!
Talk soon,
Kathy S.

Javier-Sierra wrote:
Hi all,

It's a real pleasure to take part in this discussion group about my latest novel "The Lady in Blue". During the last months, I have been travelling a lot doing some extra research about the topics of this novel, and I feel I have many new insights to share with you all. In fact, let me say that I am currently filming a documentary based on the real arguments behind this book. I have just returned from New Mexico where I had the opportunity to interview some scholars about how influental was the legend of the Lady in Blue for the first explorers of the American Southwest. For sure we could talk about this and many more in the days to come.

For everyone, I would like to recommend you a quick visit to the official website of the book at www.TheLadyinBlue.net, where you will find lots of extra information, videos and pictures about this novel.

And a very last comment: I would like to apologize for my English. I hope you will find it comprenhensible enough!

All best wishes from Madrid, Spain.

Javier Sierra

Message Edited by LitEditor on 08-06-2007 12:23 PM

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone -

Great to see you all here and ready to begin reading and discussing The Lady in Blue. I'm excited about the group, I think we're going to have excellent conversations, and also learn a good bit of history.

Javier - I also listened to your interview and I'm with Kathy- those of us born to the language should do so well. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Hi!
Only a few words from Huesca (a city of the North of Spain, very close to the Pyrenaic Mountains and the French Border). Tomorrow I have plans to visit Agreda, the hometown of the real Lady in Blue. I´ll keep you posted about this visit... I am sure it will be a wonderful experience after the international publication of THE LADY IN BLUE.

All best to everyone!
Javier.

Learn more about The Lady in Blue.
Users Online
Currently online: 38 members 279 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: