Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

The facts behind the fiction

Hi all,

Probably some of you didn't know which is my "modus operandi" while writing fiction. I think it could be interesting to explain this before going on with other comments on The Lady in Blue.

I am the author of four novels, all of them based on real historical mysteries. Most of the information contained in those books, as incredible as it sounds, is based on real facts, historical documents and valuable sources of information. In a way, all those books are full of clues for the readers, and I wrote them as a sort of invitation for everyone to join my long-term research on the topics of my novels.

Regarding The Lady in Blue, the main story (related to the apparitions of a mysterious woman dressed in blue among the native american tribes of modern New Mexico) is based on the very first printed description of NM, published in Spain in 1630. You will find a facsimile reproduction of this document at the end of my novel, but you can check it as well at: http://www.theladyinblue.net/benavidesmemorial.php

For those who had read the book, I think you will find specially intriguing a follow-up of the Chronovision Project research at: http://www.theladyinblue.net/chronovisiorproject.php
This link include an interview with a french catholic priest who was a close friend of father Pellegrino Ernetti (the real priest who inspired the character of Giusseppe Baldi in my novel).

And don´t forget to read how I knew about the suggestive legend of the Lady in Blue and the strange coincidences involved, at: http://www.theladyinblue.net/inspiration.php

I hope you will enjoy this material!
All best wishes,
Javier Sierra.

Learn more about The Lady in Blue.
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Re: The facts behind the fiction

Hi everyone!

As I wrote in The Lady in Blue, nothing happens just by chance!

Just today, I have received an invitation to return in the days to come to Agreda, the hometown of the real "Lady in Blue" of my novel.

I can´t tell you how excited I am with the idea of returning to the convent of sister Maria Jesus de Agreda and to meet her again. As you probably know, her uncorrupted body still remains in her convent... and she died in 1665!

But what makes me more happy is the idea of paying a visit to the local Library. Because my book is closely related to this small city of Northeastern Spain, I have donated to it a copy of every edition and translation of The Lady in Blue. If any of you have plans to visit that place in the future, ask for the Library. You will be amazed of how many covers, formats and versions could be done from a single novel.

I'll keep you posted about my visit and latest thoughts regarding this place.
All best from Madrid, Spain.

Javier.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Javier,

Your invitation is enticing! I'm certainly learning, and I so appreciate these links you've included here. It's intriguing and also a little humbling when I realize how lacking I am in knowledge.
Stephanie
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,

I've just arrived home after my short visit to the convent of Maria Jesus de Agreda, the real "Lady in Blue", yesterday morning. Nothing has changed there since my last visits, some years ago. Her uncorrupted body still remains in the church, laying on a cristal coffin, and the little museum opened just next door still shows the same old documents (from 17th century) written by herself.

Let me say that for me, the most intriguing piece exhibited there is a sample of cloth, made by Maria Jesus de Agreda herself, with drawings clearly inspired in the Southwest Native American indian designs. How could she create that pattern without never seeing physically the Indian designs of that time?

I left Agreda with lots of new questions like that, regarding this Lady. And with a nice videorecording of images that I plan to include in a TV Documentary that, hopefully, will be translated into English.

All best,
Javier.

Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Javier,
This is the first of your books I've read, and my first experience with these phenomenon's.

I was just curious, was there something in your life, or history, that prompted you to want to learn about all of these subjects you've introduced here, in this novel? It's all very new to me. I would imagine there is a lot of skepticism by your readers?

Kathy
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Javier,

I'm so intrigued by the fact that Maria Jesus de Agreda's body still lies in the convent- I can only imagine the thought processes at the time by the people who would have seen to her being preserved in this way. What might they have been thinking about the future? Unanswerable, of course, but still. Interesting.

The cloth you describe - I would love to see that first-hand. I spent a little time studying that region and those peoples with my children, and we were wholly fascinated.
Stephanie
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Kathy,

I know that while reading this novel my "disbelief" was suspended completely. I fully believe - while reading - that Maria Jesus de Agreda had the power of bilocation. Now, do I believe that's possible ... well, suffice it to say that I'm amazed by very ordinary things that people accomplish, so why not this? I suppose you could say I'm a believer of the "why not?" variety!
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Kathy,

I know that while reading this novel my "disbelief" was suspended completely. I fully believe - while reading - that Maria Jesus de Agreda had the power of bilocation. Now, do I believe that's possible ... well, suffice it to say that I'm amazed by very ordinary things that people accomplish, so why not this? I suppose you could say I'm a believer of the "why not?" variety!

Since I believe in spiritual life, I think bilocation could be possible to a person gifted with that talent. The physical body would remain in the convent and a spiritual manifestation would appear in New Mexico. What confuses me a lot is the concept of time travel. The chronovisor, as I understand from the book , wouldn't physically take you back but just let you hear and see something from the past. Javier, do you know if anyone at The Vatican is still working to perfect something like this. Does the one Father Ernetti worked on still exist? Did it really work. How can it be possible, I wonder. I know the U.S. governmnet has had remote viewing projects. But that's something understandable that because of our spiritual dimension, some people might have the ability to see what might happen. Also with our spiritual dimension, I could understand an out of body experience. But how see past time???
Librarian
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Librarian,

All the time I was reading I was expecting to find that the most startling things were true- and I was right, to a degree. I too would like to know more about listening to and photographing the past. Then of course, their is our greatest fear in regard to time travel- that we will somehow change the past and ruin the future. Something reminiscent of Sound of Thunder.
Stephanie
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear KathyS,
I am involved in the research of this kind of phenomenon all my life. During my childhood I was an avid reader of ghost stories, miracle tales and that kind of "unexplained" literature. Once I grew up, I decided to check some of the events of my readings and to met some of my favourite authors. And I succeeded in both!
At the end, it has been an easy way for me to write first non-fiction books about what I learned (even, sometimes, arriving to skeptic conclusions), and then to jump into literature. Under my perspective, these matters are perfect for good novels. Don´t you think so?

All best,
Javier.

Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,

You can see a picture of the ORIGINAL clothes of the Lady in Blue by clicking in http://www.theladyinblue.net/gallery.php (and the, go to the section MARIA JESUS THE AGREDA and see the third of fourth pic).

All best wishes,
Javier.

Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear Librarian,
Your doubts are more than reasonable. The Chronovision project really existed. It was created during the late 50's, in a time where even scientists accepted the existence of a substance around Earth called "ether" that was a sort of "magnetic stream" that records everything it happens in our planet. Later on, the "ether" was dismissed from the Scientific world, and projects like Chronovision were stopped. In "The Lady in Blue" I suggested that this project worked, because Father Ernetti msde some statements to the press in that sense in 1972. But, did this project worked? I simply ignore it.
In any case, apart from the "scientific" or "technological" approach to this question, there is a differenr focus on this problem that could be of your interest: it is the pyschic ability of "retrocognition". This is the capability of "seeing" the past that some mediums and psychics develop from time to time. In a way, is an "inner" version of the Chronovision... And it is a very interesting phenomenon indeed!

All best,
Javier.

Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

Javier-----Thank you so much for responding with all this wonderful information and pictures.
Librarian
KathyS
0 Kudos

Javier-Sierra wrote:
Dear KathyS,
I am involved in the research of this kind of phenomenon all my life. During my childhood I was an avid reader of ghost stories, miracle tales and that kind of "unexplained" literature. Once I grew up, I decided to check some of the events of my readings and to met some of my favourite authors. And I succeeded in both!
At the end, it has been an easy way for me to write first non-fiction books about what I learned (even, sometimes, arriving to skeptic conclusions), and then to jump into literature. Under my perspective, these matters are perfect for good novels. Don´t you think so?

All best,
Javier.

Absolutely! You give readers the best of *all* worlds with your novels! Thank you for sharing, and pursuing your "skeptic conclusions" by writing about them - becoming amazingly thought provoking!

The best to you, too!
Kathy
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Javier,

Astounding! In the picture of the Lady in the casket surrounded by the angels -is that in fact her actual preserved body? If so, I am stupefied. She looks as if she could open her eyes and speak at any moment.

Regarding the snowstorm: Is that kind of weather common in that area? Or was it sort of a "freak" event?
Stephanie
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,
The face that you see at the picture is covered by a slight mask of wax. The nuns did so to not scare people with the dry face of "The Lady in Blue". To my understanding, this is not correct: I will rather prefer to see the real face that the one covered by the mask. But I am looking for a late 50´s B&W picture of the Lady, without that mask. If I succeed I will post it in the website gallery for sure!

All best,
Javier

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Javier,

I thought that she looked like more than a miracle! I'm not sure everyone would want to see her without the wax mask, but I know I would. I think it's nice that children can go see her- we wouldn't want her to be scary to them.

Thanks for the information, there are so many questions rattling around in my mind-

such as...

SPOILER WARNING!

What made you think to create the angels with such a mission? How did those pieces of the story fall together for you? The monsignor! I was stunned.
Stephanie
Author
Javier-Sierra
0 Kudos

Dear Stephanie,

Angels are really a hot topic in my novel!
Their presence among us is a long debated question. Of course, my view of angels is not based on the traditional image of winged creatures with a child-like face. In the Bible there are lots of references to those creatures, and the Old Testament describe them as perfect human-like beigns. Remember the Sodoma and Gomorrah destruction. Prior to the chaos, two human-like angels arrived to the city after having lunch with Abraham... All that suggest that angels could be a sort of "fifth column" of people from out-there but living side by side withy us. Isn´t it a suggestive idea?

In The Lady in Blue they played a key role for the story.
As you can imagine, I adore angels!

All best,
Javier.

KathyS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Javier-Sierra wrote:
Dear Stephanie,

Angels are really a hot topic in my novel!
Their presence among us is a long debated question. Of course, my view of angels is not based on the traditional image of winged creatures with a child-like face. In the Bible there are lots of references to those creatures, and the Old Testament describe them as perfect human-like beigns. Remember the Sodoma and Gomorrah destruction. Prior to the chaos, two human-like angels arrived to the city after having lunch with Abraham... All that suggest that angels could be a sort of "fifth column" of people from out-there but living side by side withy us. Isn´t it a suggestive idea?

In The Lady in Blue they played a key role for the story.
As you can imagine, I adore angels!

All best,
Javier.

Javier,
Angels are certainly a fact in the biblical references, which are pretty clear on that point, but here on earth, now? Yes, I do believe they exist. But I don't think we are always made aware of them - knowing who they may be, or what form they may appear to us.

During my study, this subject is one reference that has always struck me. I was taught that even a beggar or a bag lady on the street could be one of God's angels. We simply have to be aware of why they exist. And who they exist for.

Always being aware that they do exist, is good in theory, but because we live in such a self-centered existence, we go through life never actually seeing what happens around us; Those "coincidences" that we need to recognize as something other than coincidences. I, myself, can feel their presence at times. The dilemma is, the purpose is not always clear. The spiritual knowledge we have tells us one thing, and logic in our brain wants to counter by telling us something else. At least it does for me. I'm always arguing with myself.....and probably with a few angels in the process!

I do believe they are all around us. I just hope I don't fall over them, in trying to find them!

Kathy

Message Edited by KathyS on 08-25-2007 04:34 PM
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

I was so startled to find that Monsignor Zsidiv was an angel, and was involved in the whole set-up. And I loved the Javier/Carlos link, which of course leads me to wonder how much of Javier's personality is in the character of Carlos. Javier?
Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 361 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: