Rahel
0 Kudos

Read My Book of Jewish Interest

[ Edited ]

Dear Readers and Authors,

We often have authors posting messages on our board to promote their own books, and I wanted to create a place for those posts. I think it's great if authors want to come here to mention books that our readers will be interested in and might not otherwise hear about. We're unlikely to make these books our "official" topics of discussion, but we are certainly happy if conversations about them pop up. So feel free to post about your book here!

Thanks and Shana Tova,

Rahel 

Message Edited by Rahel on 10-02-2008 10:02 AM
Rahel
www.nextbook.org
New User
sylviaws
0 Kudos

Re: About Jewish Encounters

Is there a way I could tell people about a historical novel I wrote called Rachel and Aleks - that is about the period 1918-1945. I think it would be of considerable interest to readers interested in the Jewish experience before, during and immediately after World War II - it takes place in a small town in Poland - a shtetl, in Warsaw, London, Lithuania, Russia, Japan and America, and is also a love story. It tells about a relatively little known escape route and the courageous acts of Sempo Sugihara, Japanese Consul to Lithuania, and his role in saving thousands of Jews from the Nazis. It has had excellent reviews. How can I let people know abut this book and perhaps have it chosen as a book club selection? Many thanks.

New User
SergiuSimmel
0 Kudos

Neil Gillman on ... God -- LIVE, INTERACTIVE This Thursday November 6, 2008 !!!

Dear Friends,

I invite you all to a remarkable tele-webinar I will be hosting this Thursday November 6th at 9:00 PM Eastern with renowned author and theologian Neil Gillman:

GOD: YES? NO?
                HOW DO WE DECIDE?
           WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

A WORLD PREMIERE
            90-Minute Tele-Webinar with

Rabbi NEIL GILLMAN
          Professor of Jewish Philosophy
            Jewish Theological Seminary

http://www.AskNeilGillman.com/P  << INFO & REGISTRATION

Accessible by Telephone OR your Internet Computer

For a free audio fragment with Neil Gillman, please visit www.AskNeilGillman.com/audio .

If the times or dates are not convenient to you, no worries: the recording of the full session will be made available to ou within 48 hours of the live event, so you can listen to it at your leisure. However, you MUST register to gain access to the replay.

Looking forward to your joining us in this remarkable event!

Rahel
0 Kudos

New Jewish Feminism

Dear Readers,

So now it's my turn to write a "Read my Book" post. Not quite my book, but I have an essay in the new anthology New Jewish Feminism: Probing the Past, Forging the Future

by Rabbi Elyse Goldstein. I'm honored to be included -- the contributors are really amazing. So check it out!

Rahel

Rahel
www.nextbook.org
Users Online
Currently online:42 members 422 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: