Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reply
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi All,

I’m Kim Harrison, architect of the dark urban fantasy, The Hollows, where twenty-something Rachel Morgan beats down the bad guys and looks for love in a Buffy-meets-Colombo-like atmosphere. Many of you are familiar with message boards, for some this might be new. I fall somewhere between, but I enjoy talking to the readers, so don’t be shy if you have a question or want to start a new thread of conversation.

As for spoilers, I won’t be giving out any for future books, but if you haven’t read up to For A Few Demons More, fair warning that we will be talking freely. They told me to make this an exciting introduction. Ah . . . that’s about as exciting as I can get. But I am here for you for the duration, to answer your questions concerning the Hollows and those who live, strive, and die there.

Kim


Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
Posts: 2,628
Registered: ‎10-19-2006
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Welcome Kim.

I have loved your books and am looking forward to talking with you and the group about them. I have loved seeing the character development of Rachel, Jinx and Ivy. I am also interested in hearing what others say.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
ak_chick03
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

I, too, am excited to talk to you about your books. I've just finished reading your newest and I absolutely cannot wait for the next one!!
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hello Kim! I am so excited that I was introduced to your books! This is the first time I have ever read any sci-fi series and must admit that I am a huge fan! I have fallen in love with your characters and find myself celebrating and mourning right along side them. I breezed through your whole series in less than a month and can't wait until the next book comes out to find out what will come next! I love the way that you left so many loose ends that will need to be addressed in the next book! My mind is busy trying to guess what you will come up with next! How can I become a member of your fan club/newsletter receiving base? I would really enjoy it! Keep up the exciting and steamy work...we all love it!!! ^Sarah^
Sarah
New User
TimeLady
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Kim, I've reviewed all the Hollows books for Huntress and for Eternal Night and let me say, they are one of the bright spots in the reading year. I can't decide if I like Trent or not, but I do love Jenks and Rachel.
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
Posts: 776
Registered: ‎07-06-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

----OH no, I am a copy cat! I didn't know you were that to. :smileyvery-happy: I wanted a bat or a vamp, but I didn't see any. Then I saw this and thought well if it was on fire it'd be perfect.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it. I like them because if I mess up here, I can go back and edit out the mistakes. Many forums also allow users to post pictures. This one doesn't seem to but then I can understand why. They don't want to be be bombarded with pic of my cats and dog. :smileyhappy:

Have fun,
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
DWM
New User
DWM
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎07-07-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hello,

This will be my first online book group and I'm thinking this ought to be terrific! I'm looking forward to talking about Rache and all in the Hollows.

I'm still working on For a Few Demons More, but have read all the other books leading up to it, so I should be okay. And maybe I'll finish before the discussions begin :smileyhappy:.

Kim, thanks for being willing to talk with us about your work! I'll have to make sure I go to the other site and order a Burning Bunny!

Deb
New User
Gekolove
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎07-07-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hello Kim:

This is my first time on a message board. I love your books. I read constantly.

I always wonder, will Rachel and Trent ever have a thing together?

All my friends wonder too.

Hope you have found away to keep Jenks alive, pass his years, so he doesn't poof out.

I'm glad to see that B&N is starting to put more interesting Authors onto their Book Club boards, usually the ones they have don't interest me at all.

Keep up the wonderful stories, Vivid, I can see all the pixies buzzing around chasing and protecting their flower beds and friends.
New User
AmberZ01
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎07-08-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

[ Edited ]
Hi Miss Kim!!VV Amber in SC here. I don't know that I'll be able to pop back in since I'm on the business end of a conference right now so I thought I would stop by now and say congratulations on the message board. For any of you who haven't been to her site yet you're in for a treat, Kim is the greatest at talking to her readers. I'm still heart broken about our loss of Kist but I understand and am looking forward to the day when they get there justice. I hope to get back in and see the interviews Kim. Have fun to all you're in the presence of a marvelous menace.

AmberZ

Message Edited by AmberZ01 on 07-08-2007 12:58 AM
New User
BelieverInGrey
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎07-05-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Miss Harrison-

I love your sense of humor and this wonderful alternative world you have created in you books. Your characters are full of depth and with, and I cannot wait to see their next jump in personal growth. I have already read your latest book, I had the priveledge of reading an Advanced Reading copy. I also must commend you for remaining faithful and true to you characters and world despite rising popularity of the series. A number of other Sci-Fi/Fantasy authors, since becoming bestsellers, have seriously compromised the integrity of their books. I become worried that editors are more and more pushing dates and unnecessary sex scenes simply to get the sale, such as Laurell K. Hamilton. I applaud the fact that you keep things tasteful and don't overdo it, because too much of a "good" thing is just that....too much. I should be like a dessert, taken sweet and sparingly. Keep up the wonderful work. Oh, and please don't kill Jenks! (I couldn't resist putting that in.)

Alexandra
Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎07-08-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hey Kim,

I'll probably be lurking (for the most part, unless I just can't help myself). I just wanted to publicly congratulate you on this amazing opportunity and to wish you, as always, the very best (of everything)!!!

VV
Ms. D.
Diane
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Toni! I'm excited to have this chance to talk to the group and hear what everyone has to say. Good to have you here.



Nelsmom wrote:
Welcome Kim.

I have loved your books and am looking forward to talking with you and the group about them. I have loved seeing the character development of Rachel, Jinx and Ivy. I am also interested in hearing what others say.

Toni



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎07-09-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Heyde Hey Ms. Kim!

Just popping in the read a few comments and maybe jump into a few discussions. It'll be kind of strange with new people/different usernames, etc. but I'm sure to enjoy any discussions of the Hollows!

Ms. M.
_________________________
Love, trust and pixy dust!
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi AK_chick. ;-) Cool. I'm glad to see you here. Can't wait for your questions!



ak_chick03 wrote:
I, too, am excited to talk to you about your books. I've just finished reading your newest and I absolutely cannot wait for the next one!!



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Sarah.
I'm so glad you're enjoying my writing style. Not everyone likes those dangling plot threads. You asked about the newsletter? For that, you'll have to pop over to my website, and on the front page if you scroll down will be a link to my newsletter-dedicated address. Drop me an email, and I'll plop you on the newsletter list. ;-)
Good to see you here!



sarahn1080 wrote:
Hello Kim! I am so excited that I was introduced to your books! This is the first time I have ever read any sci-fi series and must admit that I am a huge fan! I have fallen in love with your characters and find myself celebrating and mourning right along side them. I breezed through your whole series in less than a month and can't wait until the next book comes out to find out what will come next! I love the way that you left so many loose ends that will need to be addressed in the next book! My mind is busy trying to guess what you will come up with next! How can I become a member of your fan club/newsletter receiving base? I would really enjoy it! Keep up the exciting and steamy work...we all love it!!! ^Sarah^



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Timelady. (You're not a whovian, are you?)
I think I've exchanged emails with you before. I do know I've heard of the two sites you've mentioned. Good to see you here.



TimeLady wrote:
Kim, I've reviewed all the Hollows books for Huntress and for Eternal Night and let me say, they are one of the bright spots in the reading year. I can't decide if I like Trent or not, but I do love Jenks and Rachel.



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Great minds and all, eh, Vampyre? Thanks for blurb on my message board this morning. (grin) I hope it brings lots of people here.



Vampyre wrote:
----OH no, I am a copy cat! I didn't know you were that to. :smileyvery-happy: I wanted a bat or a vamp, but I didn't see any. Then I saw this and thought well if it was on fire it'd be perfect.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy it. I like them because if I mess up here, I can go back and edit out the mistakes. Many forums also allow users to post pictures. This one doesn't seem to but then I can understand why. They don't want to be be bombarded with pic of my cats and dog. :smileyhappy:

Have fun,



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Deb. I've been on a few message boards, but this is my biggest venture yet, and so far, I'm loving it! Watch out for spoilers if you haven't read FDM (Few Demons More)yet. I'm the worst for dropping spoilers for books that have been released. Good to see you here!



DWM wrote:
Hello,

This will be my first online book group and I'm thinking this ought to be terrific! I'm looking forward to talking about Rache and all in the Hollows.

I'm still working on For a Few Demons More, but have read all the other books leading up to it, so I should be okay. And maybe I'll finish before the discussions begin :smileyhappy:.

Kim, thanks for being willing to talk with us about your work! I'll have to make sure I go to the other site and order a Burning Bunny!

Deb



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Golly, now I'm embarassed! (grin) I'm an interesting author, eh? (bigger grin) Thank you. I'm really working on a way to keep Jenks with us, and the way is in place, it's just a matter of his will, now, and I don't know which way it's going to go. Thanks for coming on in. I hope you have more questions.



Gekolove wrote:
Hello Kim:

This is my first time on a message board. I love your books. I read constantly.

I always wonder, will Rachel and Trent ever have a thing together?

All my friends wonder too.

Hope you have found away to keep Jenks alive, pass his years, so he doesn't poof out.

I'm glad to see that B&N is starting to put more interesting Authors onto their Book Club boards, usually the ones they have don't interest me at all.

Keep up the wonderful stories, Vivid, I can see all the pixies buzzing around chasing and protecting their flower beds and friends.



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
Posts: 295
Registered: ‎06-27-2007
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Amber! Good to see you here! Have fun at your conference. I'm out Wed for RWA, and I can't wait.



AmberZ01 wrote:
Hi Miss Kim!!VV Amber in SC here. I don't know that I'll be able to pop back in since I'm on the business end of a conference right now so I thought I would stop by now and say congratulations on the message board. For any of you who haven't been to her site yet you're in for a treat, Kim is the greatest at talking to her readers. I'm still heart broken about our loss of Kist but I understand and am looking forward to the day when they get there justice. I hope to get back in and see the interviews Kim. Have fun to all you're in the presence of a marvelous menace.

AmberZ

Message Edited by AmberZ01 on 07-08-2007 12:58 AM



Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Users Online
Currently online: 79 members 270 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: