Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Alexandra.

Thank you! I'm so pleased you're enjoying the books so much. I'm pretty happy with the balance of action and bedroom play, and my editor and I seem to have the same outlook on what makes a good book better, so I'm happy. No, I'm ecstatic! Thank you for coming onto the board. I hope you have lots of questions!

BelieverInGrey wrote:
Miss Harrison-

I love your sense of humor and this wonderful alternative world you have created in you books. Your characters are full of depth and with, and I cannot wait to see their next jump in personal growth. I have already read your latest book, I had the priveledge of reading an Advanced Reading copy. I also must commend you for remaining faithful and true to you characters and world despite rising popularity of the series. A number of other Sci-Fi/Fantasy authors, since becoming bestsellers, have seriously compromised the integrity of their books. I become worried that editors are more and more pushing dates and unnecessary sex scenes simply to get the sale, such as Laurell K. Hamilton. I applaud the fact that you keep things tasteful and don't overdo it, because too much of a "good" thing is just that....too much. I should be like a dessert, taken sweet and sparingly. Keep up the wonderful work. Oh, and please don't kill Jenks! (I couldn't resist putting that in.)

Alexandra

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Ms. D! It's so cool to see you here! ;-)

LoveKnots629 wrote:
Hey Kim,

I'll probably be lurking (for the most part, unless I just can't help myself). I just wanted to publicly congratulate you on this amazing opportunity and to wish you, as always, the very best (of everything)!!!

VV
Ms. D.

New User
RoseWolf
0 Kudos

Hi, Kim. I actually own all of your books so far. I had borrowed A Few Demons More from the library when it was brand new and then ended up buying it from B&N when I received the e-mail of the amazing price on it as well. I'll try not to do any spoiling, but some parts might just fall from my fingertips. I'm working on a Buffy fan fiction story, but haven't touched it in months (closer to a year if not more). If I find it again, would you be willing to look over what I have? I know you're busy and all, and I'm not that big into writing it again, but would like to eventually finish it. Anyway, I love what you've done with Ivy, Jenks, Rachel, Kist (even the stuff in FDM), and Trent (especially what you did in FDM):smileyvery-happy: Can't wait to see what you do next!
New User
Saoirse
0 Kudos

Hello! I am so happy to be here!! I am a huge fan and adore the series (I'm one of those who mark the release dates on the calendar and have my booty in the store that day to buy and read the book). It's been said before but I'll reiterate how much I love how well you are able to balance the sex in the series. I've been finding the sex scenes in many other novels to be well over done to the point that they are boring, not so with yours! For me at least it's great to have it in there but I like having a story line as well. :smileyhappy:
I was so upset when Kist died, I cried! I was really hoping that Rachel and Kist would be happy together but I kind of understand why it had to be done (or at least I think I do LOL). I myself can see how it leaves Ivy and Rachel's relationship open to more possibilities, although I do keep wondering about Rachel and Trent.
Trent is an interesting figure and I look forward to learning more about him.
With all that said I must say I adore Jenks and would hate to see him go. He just kinda steals the show in a very quiet way.
Happy Reading!
Saoirse
Contributor
ak_chick03
0 Kudos

I agree with everything Saoirse wrote!!! I was pretty shocked when Kist had to die but of course, the plot only thickens from here on out. The parts when Rachel was having issues between Kist and Ivy, going back and forth, reminded me of issues I used to have in choosing one man over the other. Of course, it's nothing like what was going on in your story line, vampire vs vampire (my life's not that interesting haha) but just the context. It makes it easy to sympathize with Rachel, and I love that about your books...she's not completely 100% 'goddess' so to speak.

As far as relationships go, I was hoping Trent would somehow get together with Ceri, since they're both fairies... But only if Trent will be able to go back to being a good guy, his character is too greedy as it stands for him to be with either Ceri or Rachel, in my opinion.

I also hope that Jenks is able to stay alive, but that, of course, depends on the circumstances for future books. I can't wait for the next one!!! =D
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
"Thanks for blurb on my message board this morning. (grin) I hope it brings lots of people here."

You're welcome,

I was hoping to stir things up and get some people here. Too many people are scared of open forums like this. I say go for it. Life is too short to be ruled by irrational fears.

"I also hope that Jenks is able to stay alive, but that, of course, depends on the circumstances for future books. I can't wait for the next one!!! "

I was wondering if it would be okay to start a "My idea on how to save Jenks" thread. I already have a theory of how it can be done that I posted on Kim's forum a few weeks ago. If it's okay with the mods and Kim, we could all post out ideas about it.

We could also have a thread about who killed you know who and why. I have ideas about that as well.

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-09-2007 04:29 PM
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
New User
TrentTheThief
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Wonderful books. Now get back to work!

Just Kidding ;-)

I really, really enjoyed all of your books. I'm bloody glad you're young. It stinks to discover a great writer only to then discovered they're dead (real dead).

Trent.
New User
dixiedarling3903
0 Kudos

Hi! I am a big fan of this series of books. I have read up to the latest one. It is a rather weird story on how I came across your books. I have been wandering about trying to find a new vampre genre author to follow now that Anne Rice has given up on Lestat and was in the check out line at B&N when I came across a "Fist Full of Charms". I read that book and then realized that I missed a great deal with the first three books, which you do an excellent job of keeping new readers up to date with the various plot twists and turns of previous books. I have read all but the last, I think the latest book came out while I was "catching up" and each time I went into the store to get the next in the series, I would see it and knew I would start on that one and not catch up, because I am so eager to see what will happen next, so I haven't bought it yet. I went in the other day to get it and the book store was sold out! I think I've gone back to two different stores and each have been sold out...so, I am bidding my time and when I get a break from work I will be getting the latest one even if I have to order it on line and wait for it to come in! I have even gotten my best friends to start reading the series and they love it!

I just read one of your posts that said that you are trying to find a way to keep Jinks alive a little bit longer and can't wait for that. I think that Jax would have made a nice replacement but due to Nick's influence, I don't think that will be very possible. I love how Rachel is evolving and recognizing her role in her little group and she has amazing powers that I think she doesn't even realize, or at least she beginning to. Please, don't spoil the "For a Few More Demons" for me! I am waiting on the edge of my chair until I get a chance to get it!
New User
lemonade8
0 Kudos

Ms. Kim! I got this notice from my author tracker, and I've come to see if you slip us some nuggets. You are tricksy, I give you that, but one can hope.

~lemonade
New User
traci26
0 Kudos

Hola, Ms Kim....

It's me Traci from your Hollows board.. glad to find you here to talk about FFDM....I have really enjoyed reading it, and hope to maybe get a few nuggets of info from you regarding the death of our favorite male vamp, as to WHY oh WHY did he have to die.?., and what was the reasoning behind Piscary wanting him dead dead? Was it because he was getting too close to Rachel and not doing what Piscary thought Kis was supposed to be doing as a Scion? Or what?

And what's the name of the next Hollows book that you are working on?

Just a few of the questions that I have been saving up for ya...
New User
carusomv
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,
Thanks for all of the great work so far. I found your books last year and have waited for them impatiently as they come out. You have crafted a very detailed alternate history that is a pleasure to become immersed in.
I'll let you go now so I can continue to wait impatiently for the next in the series.
May the words flow smoothly from your fingers,
Michael
New User
doglady13
0 Kudos

Hi Kim!

I was so excited to see that you would be here! My local bookseller knows my taste in books and when your first book came out she ordered a few copies and held one on my never -ending "Hold for Pam" stack. Devoured it the first night and zipped an e-mail off to said bookseller saying "Put this author on my MUST HAVE IMMEDIATELY list!" She owns the only bookstore in our little town and does a great business because she gives terrific personal service. Once I recommended your books, she let other customers know about it and now you have your own shelf in her paranormal section. I just love the interplay between Ivy, Jinks and Rachel. Had to put For a Few Demons More down towards the end to absorb it all. Not what I wanted to happen, but I am very interested to see where you go from here and I am definitely coming along for the ride. Thanks for taking me away from my hellish job running a bakery for the local Wal-Mart. The Hollows is my favorite vacation spot from work!
Once you have loved, you will always love. For what's in your mind may escape, but what's in your heart will remain forever. There is no instinct like that of the heart.
George Gordon, Lord Byron
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Rose Wolf
So good to see you here! That is excellent that you write! I wish I could say to send your work to me, but because of time constraints, I can't. If you're serious about your work and want to see it published, one of the best things you can do is get into a writer's critique group. It takes a good year or more to polish your voice when your consciously working on it, and that is something I can't help you with with a one-time critique. And that's not even mentioning the writer friends you'll make at a critique group. It's a long road to publication, and friends help!
Kim

RoseWolf wrote:
Hi, Kim. I actually own all of your books so far. I had borrowed A Few Demons More from the library when it was brand new and then ended up buying it from B&N when I received the e-mail of the amazing price on it as well. I'll try not to do any spoiling, but some parts might just fall from my fingertips. I'm working on a Buffy fan fiction story, but haven't touched it in months (closer to a year if not more). If I find it again, would you be willing to look over what I have? I know you're busy and all, and I'm not that big into writing it again, but would like to eventually finish it. Anyway, I love what you've done with Ivy, Jenks, Rachel, Kist (even the stuff in FDM), and Trent (especially what you did in FDM):smileyvery-happy: Can't wait to see what you do next!

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Saoirse.
It's good to see you here! ;-) I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the balance I have with the action and the bedroom scenes. I like where the books are, and see no reason to change anything. I cried too. ;-)

Saoirse wrote:
Hello! I am so happy to be here!! I am a huge fan and adore the series (I'm one of those who mark the release dates on the calendar and have my booty in the store that day to buy and read the book). It's been said before but I'll reiterate how much I love how well you are able to balance the sex in the series. I've been finding the sex scenes in many other novels to be well over done to the point that they are boring, not so with yours! For me at least it's great to have it in there but I like having a story line as well. :smileyhappy:
I was so upset when Kist died, I cried! I was really hoping that Rachel and Kist would be happy together but I kind of understand why it had to be done (or at least I think I do LOL). I myself can see how it leaves Ivy and Rachel's relationship open to more possibilities, although I do keep wondering about Rachel and Trent.
Trent is an interesting figure and I look forward to learning more about him.
With all that said I must say I adore Jenks and would hate to see him go. He just kinda steals the show in a very quiet way.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I think a new thread would be great.

Vampyre wrote:
[...]I was wondering if it would be okay to start a "My idea on how to save Jenks" thread. [...]
Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-09-2007 04:29 PM

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Trent. I'm bloody glad I'm young, too. (grin) I'm glad to see you here. Thank you.

TrentTheThief wrote:
Hi Kim,

Wonderful books. Now get back to work!

Just Kidding ;-)

I really, really enjoyed all of your books. I'm bloody glad you're young. It stinks to discover a great writer only to then discovered they're dead (real dead).

Trent.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi DixyDarling.
I love hearing how people find the books. ;-) And hearing that the stores sold out does me good. I'll try very hard not to spoil FDM for you, but it's really hard for people who've read it not to. Don't read any other posts! (grin) I'm glad to see you here.

dixiedarling3903 wrote:
Hi! I am a big fan of this series of books.[...]Please, don't spoil the "For a Few More Demons" for me! I am waiting on the edge of my chair until I get a chance to get it!

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Lemonade. Wasn't that a cool notice? I got one too. I didn't know they were going to do that. Looking for nuggets? Maybe if you ask the right question. . .;-) I'm glad to see you here.

lemonade8 wrote:
Ms. Kim! I got this notice from my author tracker, and I've come to see if you slip us some nuggets. You are tricksy, I give you that, but one can hope.

~lemonade

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy.
Good to see you here! You know I can't talk spoilers, but I will give you the name of the next book. Look for THE OUTLAW DEMON WAILS come next March. I'll have a Kisten and Rachel short in November in HOLIDAYS ARE HELL, too.

traci26 wrote:
Hola, Ms Kim....

It's me Traci from your Hollows board.. glad to find you here to talk about FFDM....I have really enjoyed reading it, and hope to maybe get a few nuggets of info from you[...]

And what's the name of the next Hollows book that you are working on?

Just a few of the questions that I have been saving up for ya...

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Michael.
Good to see you here! I'm glad you're enjoying the Hollows. Working there is too much fun. ;-)

carusomv wrote:
Hi Kim,
Thanks for all of the great work so far.[...]
Michael

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 222 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: