Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

Hi Pam. It sounds like you have a priceless bookstore owner. Hold on to that one! Such service is getting more and more rare. If it helps, the ending of FDM wasn't what I wanted to have happen, either.
I'm glad to see you here. I'm looking forward to a lot of good questions!

doglady13 wrote:
Hi Kim!

I was so excited to see that you would be here! [...]Thanks for taking me away from my hellish job running a bakery for the local Wal-Mart. The Hollows is my favorite vacation spot from work!

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

KimHarrison wrote:
I think a new thread would be great.

Vampyre wrote:
[...] 07-09-2007 04:29 PM

Cool, I didn't want to post any big spoilers but I think it's be fun to discuss him as well as other events that have happened in the Hollows by starting some new threads. I really like forums and tend to get involved with them. I like hearing what other people think about and gaining new perspectives.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
New User
blucifershammer
0 Kudos

What can I say but WOW Demons was great,glad you keep it coming I've
given up on Hamilton her stuff just so sucks BOREING . Hope
everything is good with you ,just came back from a fishing and site seeing
vacation to Boston and Glouster Mass. was a great time caught some nice
fish and saw a lot of historical stuff hugs your fan forever Ralph
P.S. sorry you had to take down youe email by the way my friend that has the book store was just so green over the book you signed for me thanks again hugs
Reader
starcrazy
0 Kudos

Hello Miz Kim!

THANK YOU for writing a series that is s-o-o-o-o-o-o dynamic and 'real'. What started out as light reading has evolved into a really good story about a young woman who is thrown WAY outta her comfort zone; who learns to handle the good AND bad things life sends her way, not always gracefully or correctly, but she still tries to do the right thing. The story line is close enough to 'real life' that I feel it can resonate with any reader. And like others have said, I love that Rachel is not a totally perfect person. She has her shortcomings just like everybody else.

I was so sad that Kist bit the big 'un! I cried right along with Rachel and Ivy. It'll be interesting to see where this leads Rachel and Ivy. I'm also interested in seein' where Trent and Ceri wind up as well. It sounds like Ceri is v-e-e-e-e-e-r-y interested in Trent. Wadda hoot that would be if ya put 'em together - watch the sparks fly! (Hint hint... lol.) I think Ceri is more than a match for Trent and he'd wind up on the short end of the stick more often. The big bad fairy need to have somebody bring him down a notch or two and I think Ceri is JUST the gal who could do it.

I am so lookin' forward to the next installment! Please please please find a way to keep Jenks around a bit longer! He's such a good character and it just wouldn't be the same without him, at least not until you could find someone else who's intriguing enough to take his place.

Oh GEEZ, I didn't mean ta be so l-o-o-o-o-o-n-g winded! LOL

Thanks again for such a GREAT series!

best regards

Sue g
New User
Brook
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Brook in Fort Worth. I just started my summer vacation. I'm jumping in a little late. All I have to say is I buy your books on the day they are released. I close the door to my room and my boys are not allowed to bug me. I don't stop until they are done and then I reread them again although a little slower. I love your world.
New User
mermi36
0 Kudos

Hi! I am sure you get lots of praise from your fans, but I wanted share with you that we are a total Kim fan family. My son started reading your books and passed them to his sister and me. My husband rarely reads, but I would snicker or make noises when reading your books and he kept asking me to read it to him. He is now hooked, as well. I read aloud to him each night before bed and he loves it. (I can't seem to stop myself from changing voices for the characters - he especially loves my pixie voices.)

Karen
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph! Green, eh? That's cool. ;-) I'm glad to see you here!

blucifershammer wrote:
What can I say but WOW Demons was great,glad you keep it coming I've
given up on Hamilton her stuff just so sucks BOREING . Hope
everything is good with you ,just came back from a fishing and site seeing
vacation to Boston and Glouster Mass. was a great time caught some nice
fish and saw a lot of historical stuff hugs your fan forever Ralph
P.S. sorry you had to take down youe email by the way my friend that has the book store was just so green over the book you signed for me thanks again hugs

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Sue.
Thank you! I'm so glad you're enjoying the books. You're right that it started light, and got way involved, but it makes for a fun day at work. ;-) Trying to figure out how Rachel will handle her challanges has been interesting to say the least.
I'm so glad to see you here. I hope you have lots of questions. The talk is starting to ramp up!
--Kim

starcrazy wrote:
Hello Miz Kim!

THANK YOU for writing a series that is s-o-o-o-o-o-o dynamic and 'real'. What started out as light reading has evolved into a really good story about a young woman who is thrown WAY outta her comfort zone; [...]

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Brook. Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying the Hollows. I'm sitting here smiling, picturing you running off to your room to hide from your boys. Too Cool!
--Kim

Brook wrote:
Hi I'm Brook in Fort Worth. I just started my summer vacation. I'm jumping in a little late. All I have to say is I buy your books on the day they are released. I close the door to my room and my boys are not allowed to bug me. I don't stop until they are done and then I reread them again although a little slower. I love your world.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Karen. You got your husband hooked? Oh, that's fabulous. You really change the voices when you read? (grin) I'm so pleased you're enjoying the books. Thank you.
--Kim

mermi36 wrote:
Hi! I am sure you get lots of praise from your fans, but I wanted share with you that we are a total Kim fan family. My son started reading your books and passed them to his sister and me. My husband rarely reads, but I would snicker or make noises when reading your books and he kept asking me to read it to him. He is now hooked, as well. I read aloud to him each night before bed and he loves it. (I can't seem to stop myself from changing voices for the characters - he especially loves my pixie voices.)

Karen

AN7
Contributor
AN7
0 Kudos

Hi Ms. Kim! How are things going in the RWA conference? I hope they are great. Take care of your hand (grin). Be Happy!
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Kim,
Do you have plans to come to California any time soon? I'd love to come and see you!
Sarah
New User
Stacylovesdorks
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,
Just wanted to say hi, and how glad i am that you're on this site to attract new readers!! I'm Stacy from Oregon, i sometimes comment on your homepage comment board. :smileyvery-happy: WE LOVE YOU KIM! :smileyvery-happy:

Stacy
Contributor
NickinColoma
0 Kudos

Hey Kim----Thought I would check out the message board and drop a hello and a good luck at the RWA conference. Dallas should be nice this time of year, though a little hot. ----Nick in Coloma :smileyhappy:
Nick in Coloma
New User
blucifershammer
0 Kudos

This is a little strange, I'm used to emailing you direct,hope you can put you address back up somewhere, Yeah Yeah but are you ever going to do a signing somewhere in the Harrisburg PA area? Really would like to meet you and you staff and I'm going to need Demons signed and I'm willing to wait in line too lmao hugs Ralph
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

A.N. is that you? (grin) Things are going great at the conference, and I hope to have a picture up at the comments page yet today. (Today being Thursday) The hand is doing fine. It's the voice that's going weak. ;-) Good to see you here!

AN7 wrote:
Hi Ms. Kim! How are things going in the RWA conference? I hope they are great. Take care of your hand (grin). Be Happy!

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,
It's good to see you here! I was so jazzed when they asked me to come over to their site. ;-)

Stacylovesdorks wrote:
Hi Kim,
Just wanted to say hi, and how glad i am that you're on this site to attract new readers!! I'm Stacy from Oregon, i sometimes comment on your homepage comment board. :smileyvery-happy: WE LOVE YOU KIM! :smileyvery-happy:

Stacy

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Nick. Good to see you here. Wow, lots of famililar names. (grin) Dallas is hot, but I have yet to get out of the hotel. I'm that busy!
--Kim

NickinColoma wrote:
Hey Kim----Thought I would check out the message board and drop a hello and a good luck at the RWA conference. Dallas should be nice this time of year, though a little hot. ----Nick in Coloma :smileyhappy:

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph.
My email is still up there at the front page of the website, but I'm asking that apart from people trying to find me for business related matters, that they contact me on the comments page. But I've got that closed right now because I'm at conference. (But as you can see, I'm still available to talk to!) I'll be in Pittsburg next year for RT, which I believe is in April. Maybe I'll see you then!
--Kim

blucifershammer wrote:
This is a little strange, I'm used to emailing you direct,hope you can put you address back up somewhere, Yeah Yeah but are you ever going to do a signing somewhere in the Harrisburg PA area? Really would like to meet you and you staff and I'm going to need Demons signed and I'm willing to wait in line too lmao hugs Ralph

AN7
Contributor
AN7
0 Kudos

Hola Sra. Harrison! I am, I am, yay! I want to write A.N. but this thing doesn’t accept dots in the user name. Ms. Kim, I’m dying of envy here. A coworker said that in the future I’m going to regret not meeting you in Dallas and I say that I’m regretting it right now. But hope is a beautiful thing and I hope that some day, some day… I saw your photo of the RWA, you are the prettiest of all (now I’m being lambe ojo) (ha ha) Now, Ms. Kim a person that is not a writer can go and participate in those conferences? (like RWA) Be Happy!
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 613 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: