Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Re: A Welcome Message From the Author

I knew it was you, A.N.! And now I'm blushing! Thank you. I made some effort that night to get out of my nasty T-shirt and slippers. (grin) And yes, you can go to RWA, but it's really designed for those who are trying to make a career or part-time career out of writing. I will be at other conferences that are more for the readers. RT next year is more reader oriented. ;-)
--Kim

AN7 wrote:
Hola Sra. Harrison! I am, I am, yay! I want to write A.N. but this thing doesn’t accept dots in the user name. Ms. Kim, I’m dying of envy here. A coworker said that in the future I’m going to regret not meeting you in Dallas and I say that I’m regretting it right now. But hope is a beautiful thing and I hope that some day, some day… I saw your photo of the RWA, you are the prettiest of all (now I’m being lambe ojo) (ha ha) Now, Ms. Kim a person that is not a writer can go and participate in those conferences? (like RWA) Be Happy!

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
New User
CAgirlnKS
0 Kudos

Greetings, Kim!

I'd just like to reiterate my love of your series. :smileyhappy: The characters are three-dimensional, you really get to know them and love/hate them. The world is believable as you blend fantasy and reality with style. Dad is starting the 4th book now. I'm still debating on getting the currently released short stories. Hope you have fun and return home safe and sound. "V V" Stephanie in Kansas (the same from your comments board)
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie! VV I'm back home, and trying to unpack, but it was fantastic to see all the readers who where there. ;-) That is so cool your dad is reading the books. I can't get over it. (grin)
--Kim

Contributor
silvernightshade
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,
I'm new to any of your threads but not your books. Being a mother of four, I buy your books then steal away to my room and read it in one day! I only get every other Saturday as Mom's day off and thats what I do....READ!!! lol. I just can't wait for the next one to come out. You always leave me wanting to hear more.I sometimes laugh at some of the things Rachel does or says, because being a Red-head my husband says I have a tough attitude too...lol. Keep up the fantastic work, I just love reading your books.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying the books that much. Escapism is one of the reasons I write, so if you're finding that there, I'm honored. ;-) Red-heads unite!
--Kim

silvernightshade wrote:
Hi Kim,
I'm new to any of your threads but not your books. Being a mother of four, I buy your books then steal away to my room and read it in one day! I only get every other Saturday as Mom's day off and thats what I do....READ!!! lol. I just can't wait for the next one to come out. You always leave me wanting to hear more.I sometimes laugh at some of the things Rachel does or says, because being a Red-head my husband says I have a tough attitude too...lol. Keep up the fantastic work, I just love reading your books.

Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

Hi, it's Tiyana from your site. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, love the books, and can't wait until march. Be prepared because I'm gonna throw a lot of questions at you!
VV
Reader 2
Grizzly
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Really nice to see you here. I followed a link from a B&N email to the discussion. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for A Few Demons More to come out in mass market, so I'm having to endure. Now I see the discussion is full of spoilers (ack I already know too much just from the intro posts from other readers!) so I'm gonna have to bookmark this and come back later to read through it all. (I hate knowing any plot details of books or movies before I view them for myself!)

Anyway, I at least wanted to take the opportunity to say just how much I've truly enjoyed your books. I've really gotten into reading paranormal fiction these last few years (I'm a long time SF and Fantasy fan), having started with Tanya Huff (one of my faves in all the genres she writes) and, who else, Laurel K. Hamilton. So far though your Rachel Morgan series is by far my favorite. (I first came across one of your books in a grocery store, of all things.) You do a great job of blending plot tension with humor and multi-dimensional characters. Your writing style is superb. I remember being drawn into your first book completely within the first page.

Thank you for the hours of escape you have provided and congratulations on being a success!

Grizz
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Tiyana! Good to see you here. Bring the questions on!
--Kim

TONIC wrote:
Hi, it's Tiyana from your site. Just wanted to drop in and say hi, love the books, and can't wait until march. Be prepared because I'm gonna throw a lot of questions at you!

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Grizzly.

Oh no! I'm sorry you got spoiled. It's really hard to keep them quiet. Everyone did a great job at my website and Yahoo! group for the first few weeks, and then it went wild. ;-) The mm release won't be until about December, so not long of a wait now. I'm so glad you're enjoying the books! Thank you!
--Kim

Grizzly wrote:
[...]Anyway, I at least wanted to take the opportunity to say just how much I've truly enjoyed your books. I've really gotten into reading paranormal fiction these last few years [...]Thank you for the hours of escape you have provided and congratulations on being a success!

Grizz

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

The kind folks at B&N said I could stop by early and participate with this month's book club discussion, and since it was YOU I couldn't resist. Have I ever told you I love your books? {Grin}

So you might see me gushing in other threads, and it's best not to try and stop me. I sing your praises as a writer on my site and various other personal pages, but this is a chance for me to publicly declare that as great of an author as you are, you're an even nicer person (and that's really saying something, isn't it?).

Just thought everyone here should know. {Big Smile}

Off to read,
Vicki

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Vicki! You're here! Now it's a PARTY! When Bill told me you were going to stop in, I was delighted. I'm going to have to start a new thread . . .
--Kim

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Whoo-hoo, a party!

Point me to the cocktails ... {G}

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vicki,

You're my kind of author! Martini or mojito? :smileywink:
Stephanie
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Stephanie,
You mean I don't get both???

Vicki

Stephanie wrote:
Vicki,

You're my kind of author! Martini or mojito? :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Bloody Mary without so much much Mary. Actually I am a Dr. Pepper kinda guy but I've given them up in an effort to lose some weight. I haven't had any soda except one large cherry coke when I saw Transformers since May 30'th. :smileysurprised:
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Wow Vampyre! Good willpower I couldn't do it! I'm a Diet Coke girl though..Have you tried Diet DR. Pepper...I hear it tastes the same!! As for a good Drink Drink, I'd say something tropical is in order! Out here in CA it is hot so I'm thinking...Pina Colada or watermelon Margaritas! Yummy!!! Bartender...!
Sarah
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vicki,

Two-fisted, or one at a time? :smileyvery-happy:

I just started The Scent of Shadows and I'm hooked! I love your style already. Next month will be a blast.

Kim - thanks so much for inviting Vicki here to your group.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Thanks, I live in S.E. GA and its very hot and humid here. I did live in "The Big Valley" for about 20 years though.

I have 3/4 of a cube of Dr. Pepper sitting by the refrigerator. If I don't see any improvement by Thanksgiving, I am going to start in on it. Until then I'll stick to sports drinks and V-8 products I guess and bottled water.

Back on topic.

Kim says her time is about up here. Man it went by fast. Guess I need to get VP's books read so I can discuss them soon.
V^^^^V
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vampyre,

My dentist would say you're doing your teeth a big favor as well! You know, I started drinking milk every night a while back, and not only do I sleep better, I also feel better. I'm a milk junkie now- have to have it. Habits, right? Best part? No soda cravings at all anymore.

I know just what you mean about our time here with Kim whizzing by... too fast!
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Well I am 51 and I only lost one tooth and a wisdom tooth replaced it so I am good to go! I even still have a baby tooth in front. You're right about the pop being bad for the teeth. On the other hand the lack of fluoride in bottled water is bad to. Seems like we can't win. :smileyhappy:

If I can get Vicky's books read soon enough I'll mosey on over there when she is up. I am so happy I stumbled into this genere. It's nearly perfect for me.
V^^^^V
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 215 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: