Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Al **Spoiler Alert**

I am just curious as to other readers' opinions of Al. One minute I think he is hilarious and the next minute I hate him. What are your thoughts?
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Re: Al **Spoiler Alert**

While he's good reading, he is for all intents and purposes evil by nature. He has a purpose and it not a good one. Rachel is playing with fire with him and is likely to get burned a few times by him. The only place I have ever seen 'good' demons was in the 'buffyverse'.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

I agree. I think Al is hysterical, even if he is evil. As is true with most baddies (and not just fictional ones), his over-inflated ego lends him a sense of omnipotence, which inevitably trips him up.

What I see is that the more Rache deals w/him, the wiser she gets and he tends to underestimate her so she ends up getting the upper hand. Additionally, she's got Ceri on her side, but I've got some speculation about Ceri's motives and ultimate goals.

Regardless, when Al's on the scene, you know there's going to be some action!!

:smileyhappy:
D
Diane
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

I hate Al, plain and simple. And I'm really worried about all of the info he got from Nick.
VV
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Al is just being Al. Demons are just bad news and everyone knows it. Worry about ol' Nick. He has a demons, witch, vampire, pixy and who knows what else after him. His future looks bleak at best. He deserves it to.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
New User
Branadain
0 Kudos

Sure, Al's incredibly evil, and Rachel would do well to avoid any further contact with him, but what fun would that be for us? He's one of those great, charismatic villains that gets some pretty good lines. I cringe for Rachel and company when he shows up, but I always know the encounter will be fun. Newt, on the other hand is like watching a four-year-old throw a tantrum.
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I agree that though he is bad, Al has ended up teaching Rachel a lot about herself and what she is capable of accomplishing. I think that Kim is wonderful at adding humor to his character...though he is still to be taken seriously. I question how much more powerful Al is than say...Newt's character. After meeting Al earlier in the series I assumed that all Demons were the same, but after meeting her, I'm not so sure. She seems way more capable for a demon (if only it weren't for her memory issues). Rachel should really be scared of her, and she seems to be, thank goodness. It would be more difficult to get the upper hand with her if she were at her full hightened senses. I wonder if we will see that in coming books.
Sarah
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

I like Al. He is evil and doesn't regret being evil. I hope Ivy gets to meet him sometime in the future. Anyway, I like Al. He has good qualities for a villian... revenge, persistence, and a real reason for wanting to either possess Rachel or kill her. His cute scenes mask a man of pure evil... and makes evil interesting again. I find it refreshing to see that evil still has to drink tea and eat...
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
New User
hollowsgroupie
0 Kudos

sarahn1080 wrote:
I am just curious as to other readers' opinions of Al. One minute I think he is hilarious and the next minute I hate him. What are your thoughts?

I have to admit that there's a twisted part of me that likes Al. I know that when he first showed up in the series, that I didn't like him, feared what his character would bring to Rach and company. however as the series has progressed so has his attitude. Oh he's still evil, but at times downright hilarious, with his quips, and actions. What bout when he went to Trent's wedding posing as Lee? His reactions in a human body where interesting. I find it interesting that Rachel and Al seem to have an almost truce, understanding if you will. That scene in the Outlaw Demon Wails where Al asks her what it was liked to be summoned as a demon, bound to the summoner? and she realizes what it's like, and sympathizes with him? I can't help but wonder if there's going to be a relationship there, seeing as there hasn't been a demon birth in ages and Rachel's kids will be demon. I like when Al shows up, you know there's bound to be action, drama, and yes sometimes humour.

Users Online
Currently online:53 members 536 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: