Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: For a Few Demons More (Spoiler Alert!!!)

KimHarrison wrote:
Hi Sherri,
I've heard that exact same wish from a lot of readers, that it just be someone who looked like Kisten and that Rachel made herself forget to protect him. It's a really good idea, but alas, it's not one that I'm going to follow. Kisten is really and truly dead. And I miss him. But don't give up hope for a new love. No one can replace Kisten, but Rachel will find another. He's going to throw poor Rachel for a loop. I can't wait for you to meet him.

Sherri_Merryman wrote:
[...]I am hoping that Kisten is not dead. Please let it be a spell where the dead guy just looks like Kisten.[...]

Kim,

I'm sorry about Kristin but that is mean to give us that hint and so how long will we have to suffer to see him appear or has he been in the background all along. I hope that he has a great song associated with him.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Sherri_Merryman wrote:
Does anyone think Kisten will return in a future book?

Not in the same time line after his death. If we see him again, it will be in flashbacks or in stories that take place before his untimely demises.(he died twice.) Kim has said this several times here and on her comments page. I think she said he is in a flash back in the next book. It will be a hard read though.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

Keep in mind, Lee would have learned the same tricks as Rachel on how to hold Ley Line energy. Rachel was her own familiar when she was on Lee's boat, but could not tap a line without a familiar (or using a connection from another person that had a familiar... like Trent). The water limitation has actually been mentioned several times in the books, especially with salt water and spells (because salt breaks spells).

Remember the book where Rachel went to save Nick and couldn't tap a ley line? She had to use what energy she had stored. The position of Rachel and Nick would have limited Rachel's options of what she could use as a defense (thus, limiting the power that an enemy needed to overpower them). Rachel's one defense after her magical power was cut off would have been physical strength (which she usually uses as a first resort). Sadly, the ship would also limit destructive spells because no one wants to sink.

On the other hand, such space for a physical defender (such as Kisten alone) is logical. Known ground, limited room for the enemy to take offensive action, and the ability to set traps up before the encounter would have made the boat a perfect place for a last stand (as a physical defender). Magic is really useful for distance attacks and entrapping people, but not up close and personal.

Rachel could have realized that Kisten did not want her in that final battle and figured out the one place where the man would go. Arriving too late to save him, Rachel may have tried to stop the second death and failed miserbly. Two undead fighting each other and the realization that Kisten was not the person she loved anymore may have forced her into a very bad position.

All is make believe until we read the next book. (sighs deeply) I need to find another novel to read.
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I know! I know! I don't mean to be mean, and I wouldn't even say anything about him, but that I am really enjoying working him into the story. As far as having been in the background? Well, that's hard to say. He's been there since book three, but not so you'd notice. We will actually meet him in a future story, and then it goes from there. I've yet to find his music, which is really odd. Still looking . . .
--Kim

Kim,

I'm sorry about Kristin but that is mean to give us that hint and so how long will we have to suffer to see him appear or has he been in the background all along. I hope that he has a great song associated with him.

Toni

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

What does Jenks know about Kisten’s death or attacker? He was acting very suspicious and SAID Kisten had called him that he was going underground. Maybe he just had a suspicion something was wrong and feels guilty about not telling Rachel?

About the forget spell- was it Rachel, the killer, or possibly Jenks and why would Rachel or Jenks do it? It would scare me the most if Rachel did it to herself. If that’s the case, something really bad must have happened because as bad as she would hurt at remembering Kisten dying I’m sure she would have wanted to remember. I mean there would be his last moments (if she got to talk to him) and the most important she would want to go after the killer! Oh and didn’t Ford say she didn’t do it to herself? He could read it in her emotions. Then again, she wouldn’t remember those emotions of “not wanting to remember” if she already had a forget spell, right . . .? *sorry a little wordy there :smileyhappy:*

It could also be Peter’s father (the vamp that Rachel helped die) he’s the only other undead that we’ve met that I can think of . . .
New User
Sherri_Merryman
0 Kudos

I am still holding out hope that Kim will bring back Kisten. Rachel states that he was wearing jeans and a shirt that she had never seen and Jenks told her that Kisten called while she was sleeping. Also, it was daylight when they found him on the boat. If he was truly killed as an undead, wouldn't his body have burned. And why kill off her boyfriend to introduce a new lover for Rachel.........she got rid of Nick without killing him off. The author has left it open to bring him back-if she ever will. There are too many questions and suspensions regarding his death. Didn't Al tell her that if she would go to the everafter with him for one hour that he could make everything okay? (this was in the Camelot room) And according to Piscary-Kisten was already dead.
I know that Kim say's that Kisten is dead-but she can change her mind. A reader can only hope.
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

I know I know I think we all wish that would happen but I wouldn't count on it. Good point about the daylight I hadn't thought of that but seeing as it was Kisten's boat maybe he had some special curtains or something? :smileyhappy: jk. I can't remember the exact words or circumstances of Al's quote there but I think he was refering to the situation at hand -the curse/statue and everything going on at the moment . . .

I do have to say that Kim will have to work extra hard to make me like Rachel's new love interest but seeing as it is Kim I'm sure she'll succeed. I also hope Kist remains important to Rachel- none of the "he was just a phase" or "it wasn't real love" junk that other authors do when they want to change a love interest (not that I would lump Kim into the "other authors" category) :smileyhappy:
New User
Zadorina
0 Kudos

My heart is broken. I just finished For a Few Demons More. I started to read the short story at the end of the book and when I saw it was about Kisten I had to put the book down. I'm so sad.

Zadorina
Dance like no one is watching.
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 473 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: