Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
dok3549
0 Kudos

Hi Kim

Sorry it took so long to drop in. I really enjoy your books and was wondering how long it normally takes you to do the next in line. I love reading a great author and can sometimes see where your plot twist is leading but when you picture them in your head does the series outline come together or do you just take it one at a time?

Thanks and I am looking forward to the next.

Dan
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Re: Hi Kim

Hi Dan.
How long does it take me to do the next book? It takes me about three months to write it, another month to rewrite it, another month to rewrite it for my editor, and then a probably a month to do the bits and pieces that are next. Why don't I have a book coming out every six months? Because NY has stuff to do too! And in my down time, I'm working on the next. ;-)
I do try to plot things out, but I usually change it twice along the way. I'm so glad you're enjoying the books. Thank you!
--Kim

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Kim,

Sounds as if you're working like a dog-- Three months! Wow - that's inspirational. I need to figure out how to get more done. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

It is totally a job, 8-10 hours a day. ;-) Whether I want to write or not. Fortunatly, I do!
--Kim

Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

I saw the message subject and couldn't resist!!! HI KIM!!!!!

I do hope you're having fun in the Big D...the question though, is Guy staying out of T.R.O.U.B.L.E?

Gotta tell you girl, I'm totally diggin' this message board thingy. Got a pretty good sense that everyone else is too!!!

Miss ya,
D
Diane
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I agree. This is a lot of fun. When your Month is up, do they leave this up or tear it down to make room for another author?
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I hope not! That would be sad! Unless of course there is a new forum on Kim's web page...:smileyhappy: Hint! Hint!
Sarah
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vampyre wrote:
I agree. This is a lot of fun. When your Month is up, do they leave this up or tear it down to make room for another author?

The book club will remain up after the month with Kim is finished. You'll still be able to access it here for a period of time - not sure exactly how long that will be.
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm really enjoying hanging out with my fellow Kimiholics here.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi D!
I'm having a great time in Dallas! I can see the grassy knole outside my window. Guy is keeping ME out of trouble. ;-)

LoveKnots629 wrote:
I saw the message subject and couldn't resist!!! HI KIM!!!!!

I do hope you're having fun in the Big D...the question though, is Guy staying out of T.R.O.U.B.L.E?

Gotta tell you girl, I'm totally diggin' this message board thingy. Got a pretty good sense that everyone else is too!!!

Miss ya,
D

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Kim,
Just be careful that you do not burn out! I'm love these stories and would rather that you keep me on the edge of my seat waiting for months than burn yourself out writing them too quickly :smileyhappy: It is all about quality not quantity right? :smileywink: I could keep reading these books for years! Keep up the good work!
Sarah
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

No worries, Sarah. I love what I do. ;-)
--Kim

Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

Ms. Harrison,

You are truly inspirational to your fellow 'wordsmiths' in training...here and with your immensely enjoyable world! Please, keep up the great work! I'm loving every story and can tell that you do, as well. But, I agree with Sarah - waiting a little longer for the next installmen isn't preferred, but I would rather enjoy a little more suspense than know you're killing yourself to meet a deadline. It's so obvious that 'other' writers do that - painfully so, at times!

Blessed be from Tennessee,
Jamie
Contributor
bluenova3
0 Kudos

Ok, I couldn't resist posting on this one either...

Hi Kim!

I can't come up with anything to say that doesn't sound utterly dorky or like it's coming from a twitterpated teenage fan! LOL! I really do love your books and would like to say thank you for giving me a place to escape to when I need it. Additional thanks for fictional friends and questions to puzzle over that don't involve work or bills!

The only question I have (right now) is about how I get to be as friendly with authors as some of the folks on this board are with you. What's the secret?? :smileywink:

Kris
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Thanks, Jamie. ;-)

jlatn wrote:
[...] Ms. Harrison,

You are truly inspirational to your fellow 'wordsmiths' in training... Jamie

Message Edited by KimHarrison on 07-17-2007 05:24 PM

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Kris.
Thank you! I'm tickled you're enjoying the series so much. How do you get to be friendly with an author? (grin) Well, some of these people have been haunting my comments page on my website for months. If you've got a unique name or just keep talking to me, (grin) I tend to remember you.

bluenova3 wrote:
[...] how I get to be as friendly with authors as some of the folks on this board are with you. What's the secret?? :smileywink:

Kris

Contributor
-Shannon-
0 Kudos

hi kim :-)

just wanted to let you know, and i may have expressed it before (losing track of where and what comments i leave)that up until 3 weeks ago, anne rice was my favorite author. i love to read, so as you can imagine i've read alot. and never before have i become so engrossed in a story and its characters. the way you meld everything together, has me absoluterly ga ga over "the hollows". so i just want to say thank you. simple as that. thanks for all you do, and the stories you create. your awesome, and my absolute fave! :-)

~Shannon~
(aka Garbage lover :-))
Contributor
bluenova3
0 Kudos

Kim,

::Touching pencil to tip of tongue and preparing to take notes::

1. Haunt comment page
2. Have unusual name
3. Keep talking...er...writing

Got it!
:smileyhappy:
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Shannon.
Thank you! ;-) I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the Hollows. I put a lot into writing them. I love it, but it's still work, and to know others enjoy what I do makes it so worth the long hours. Garbage rules! ;-)

-Shannon- wrote:
hi kim :-)

just wanted to let you know, and i may have expressed it before (losing track of where and what comments i leave)that up until 3 weeks ago, anne rice was my favorite author. i love to read, so as you can imagine i've read alot. and never before have i become so engrossed in a story and its characters. the way you meld everything together, has me absoluterly ga ga over "the hollows". so i just want to say thank you. simple as that. thanks for all you do, and the stories you create. your awesome, and my absolute fave! :-)

~Shannon~
(aka Garbage lover :-))

Contributor
aericka
0 Kudos

HI Kim. Until now I was totally hooked on David Eddings, I have read and reread all of his books and had never been able to find any other author that I whole hardely was in love with. That is until I read your Hallows series! I can't get enough! The characters in your novels are so real, every one of them comes alive. I can't describe what I mean by writing, but you get the idea, I'm hooked and can't wait to be able to read your next book and every other book you have and will write!

PS: I have to agree that Tink's Panties is the best swear word ever!!
Users Online
Currently online: 82 members 586 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: