Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Re: How do you think Jenks will be saved?***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Me too!! I see people wearing them and think to myself...I wonder if there is a pixie around somewhere? :smileyhappy: I just love that he fits there perfect!
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

someone needs to make a pixie clip on doll for hoop ear rings. :smileyhappy:
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

now THAT would be cool! Burning bunnies for the guys and Jenks earring 'charms' for the ladies... HOW COOL!!! Kim, are you seeing the marketing potential?! ;-) I'll take two of each - but I think the hoop earring will get caught in my goatee... :-0
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Do you think that Matalina could be saved from an earlier death by a charm or spell? If she could, would Jenks give it to her? Would she take it? She has always been a help to the gang when they were hurt...I doubt any of them would want to see her go!
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I'm sure Jenks would do anything he could to save her.
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I agree! Hopefully we won't have to see him do anything drastic to save her...I love her character, but Jenks is my choice over her so far...
Sarah
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Mmm-hum. But it will be awhile for something that radical. I like it, though. Good idea.
--Kim

jlatn wrote:
[...]Kim, are you seeing the marketing potential?![...]

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
About the Pixie/Elf relationship: I have a strange feeling that it might be a little sexual? I know I sound crazy but Jenks got noticeably red/embarrassed and then later seemed a little flattered letting himself be coaxed by Ellasbeth’s mother. Not to mention her husband seemed a little more than annoyed at the attention she was giving him. What do you guys think?

Kim I know you can’t/won't say what the connection between elves and pixies are but are we going to find out soon? Can you at least tell us if Jenks knows what the connection is?

Melisa

Message Edited by Melisa on 07-26-2007 12:00 AM
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Mmmm, yeah. Jenks knows on a subliminal level, but there has been no pixy/elf contact for over two or three pixy generations. In a stress-free environment, they get along beautifully. I'm hoping to show this in a later book. I'd be intersted to hear what everyone thinks the connection is, though.
--Kim

Melisa wrote:
About the Pixie/Elf relationship:[...]Kim, can you at least tell us if Jenks knows what the connection is?

Melisa

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

Hey,
I'm not sure what the Pixie/Elf relationship is. I don't even know where to begin to think about what it could be. There are a lot of possibilities there. But I think I have a suggestion about how Jenks could live a little longer. I think that Jenks life span was made a little longer when Rachel turned him big, because it slowed his metabolism way down (remember he thought he was dyeing because his heart beat was so slow). Maybe because it slowed down so much it made his life span longer? It could happen right?
Sami
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I agree, I think that may have happened as well.
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Def what i think happened too and the fact that a demon curse can change the actual cells in the body . . .
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I know!! It has so many possibilities doesn't it?! :smileyhappy:
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Now if she would realize that and make Matti big to. I'd like to see Jenks reacting to a big wife. Don't think it'll happen though. :smileysad:

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-27-2007 11:10 PM
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

I know it would be nice if Rachel could save Matalina too but I agree with u- I don't think they'll learn about it in time. I don't think Matalina has much longer . . . maybe this next book? I think Kim mentioned that the question has become will Jenks want to live with his wife gone.

Melisa
New User
hollowsgroupie
0 Kudos

I would hope that the same holds true for Jenks, as it did for Rachel when she turned back from being a mink she didn't have imperfections, scars etc. When Jenks was spelled to be big, maybe something happened and his life will be expanded? although that would be sad if he lived on and Matalina didn't. On a side note here, my friend who's a fan also of the Hollows is playing the devil's advocate and says she wants a Jenks and Rachel pairing?! I personally think that she should be with Al, maybe he would soften up (for a demon maybe?) Al has really taught Rachel alot about herself and he seems to "get" her. we'll see what is in store though!
Users Online
Currently online: 25 members 561 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: