Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

How do you think Jenks will be saved?***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

I hope this is no big spoiler but most of us know Pixies have a 15 year lifes span if they're lucky enough to die of old age. Kim has said many times that she is fighting hard to extend his life. She also hinted that he may not want to live any longer than his allotted time due to circumstances I wont mention here because of another possible spoiler.

My guess is Jenks has already had his life extended and doesn't realize it yet. It happened when he was made big.

My reasoning goes back to when Rachel became the Red Wolf(I think it happened there, may have been the mink) When she turned back into her normal witch self, all of her defects and blemishes were gone. Scars, freckles, and other imperfections were gone. Same thing seems to have happened to Jenks when he was made big.

If these defects were taken care of by transforming, it could be taken one step farther and also extend his life a few years. All of his worn out cells could have been rejuvenated and regenerated. It's the Hollows, it could happen.

This would also give a reason why jenks is saved but not the other. No magic has ever been used on the other to cause any life extensions. A very sad jenks will have to make a choice and I think it will change him in some interesting ways. Not all good.

This is my theory. Most of you are way more familiar with the Hollows than I am. tear up my idea and replace it with a better one. We can also do the same thing for who killed Kistan or anything else you all like. I have ideas on that as well. Was it Piscary, Ivy's mom. Rachel's old boss, or someone we don't even know yet?
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
ak_chick03
0 Kudos

Re: How do you think Jenks will be saved?***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Didn't the book state that it was Ivy who killed Kist...? Or was that just a theory? I remember Ivy coming onto the scene and saying that it was her who did the deed.

I agree with what you said about Jinx being able to live longer because of the imperfections disappearing. It's going to be a sad time (if true) when he realizes this, making the choice between his family and helping Rachel.
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I don't think Ivy said she killed him, I don't remember and I gave all my books to the library when I was done. I guess I'll have to go check out my book and re-read it.

I think Kisten was killed by Rachel's former boss. Early in the book, he used a sleepy time charm on Rachel. Who ever Killed Kisten used one as well.(if I remember right)

He would do it for several reasons, including he wants to hurt Rachel as much as he can, Kisten was perceived as Piscary's scion all though he wasn't anymore, and who ever controlled him wanted to hurt Piscary as well. I wish I could remember his name, he was such a slime ball.
V^^^^V
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

(grins) I admit that the thought about Jenks life being extended from the demon curse did cross my mind. On the other hand, the last book hinted at a connection between the elves and pixies that has been ignored. I've begun to wonder if the races are so connected that a pixies life span while serving elves could be extended? Trent didn't want to talk about or admit that his race may have ignored the something to do with the pixies. As for Kisten -- I would suggest another thread for that.
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I agree about Kisten having his own thread. I don't want to seem like a board hog and start another one. So far, I think I'm the only user starting new threads. :smileyhappy: Oh and then there's the whole spoiler issue. I don't want to see a "Who killed Kisten? ***spoiler alert!!!*** header, it'd really be bad. Maybe something like "Discuss Kisten***MAHOR SPOILER ALERT***you were warned!" title would work.

I once asked Kim on her Comments page about the elf/pixie relationship and she gave me a cryptic answer. It didn't sound good. Jenks didn't seem too comfortable around them and the 'mother-in-law" seemed way to interested in him. I almost got the idea that she wanted to dip him in chocolate or something.

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-10-2007 11:25 AM
V^^^^V
New User
bluemars
0 Kudos

I thought that Rachael took the curse for jenks when they both changed. So Jenks wouldn't have any black on his aura. And that's why Rachael has no imperfections. Jenks didn't have any changes after he got small again. But then i could be wrong. Ivy did not kill Kisten. For the fact that the person that did had to know some what on spells. Because they did use them on Rachael when kisten was killed.there were at lest more than one person there. I think it could be her old boss or even Trent.
New User
AmberZ01
0 Kudos

As for the comment about someone using spells on Rache, I wanted to point out that the forget spell was probably something that she did to herself. Or possibly Jenks did. The reason that I agree it probably wasn't Ivy is that it was an undead that supposedly killed Kist I thought. From what i understand we still have at last one book beore we get to find out though. My money is on Skimmers Camirrilla. Makes sense to me that it would be another master and Piscary did say he gave him away as a blood gift.
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
0 Kudos

I quit trying to figure out what was going to happen a long time ago. Kim weaves a sticky web and I just sit back and enjoy being stuck in it. I mean, it seems obvious that something about the curse that made him big would have something to do with extending his life span, seeing as how it reset Rachel, but then again who knows how those curses affect pixies let alone a curse that someone else takes the imbalance for.

+++SPOILER BELOW++++

Eventhough I said I quit trying to guess what would happen, my money is on Art being Kist's killer. I believe Kim said at some point that we've met the killer but it was someone who's scent Rachel didn't recognize, but then again it's anyone's guess, we have too few clues to go on at this point.
0 Kudos

I don't know what Kim is planning to do with Jenks, since she has been hinting at his age a lot, but it would be such a shame to see him go!! I just love him and his curses. Tinks panties!!!! What would life in the Hollows be like without him? One request for Kim to consider...if the story leads itself to Jenks meeting his end, please leave one of his lively clan in his place so that Pixies will still be represented in the church. That way Ivy and Rachel will still have the pixie partner in their business. Besides, I just love hearing all of the wonderful trouble that the pixies get themselves into! :smileyhappy:
Sarah
New User
Brook
0 Kudos

I think that Trent is going to save Jenks with some of the illegal biogenetics and that Rachel is going to end up owing him. I think she would do anything to save him.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

That is an excellent guess, Vampyre! I'm not saying anything, just that that's a good theory. ;-)
Kim

Vampyre wrote:
I hope this is no big spoiler but most of us know Pixies have a 15 year lifes span [...]My guess is Jenks has already had his life extended and doesn't realize it yet. It happened when he was made big.

[...]

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Mmmm, another good theory . . . ;-)

Brook wrote:
I think that Trent is going to save Jenks with some of the illegal biogenetics and that Rachel is going to end up owing him. I think she would do anything to save him.

New User
celticfairee
0 Kudos

I think that Jenks will be saved and I think the idea of the connection of Pixies serving elfin would be an interesting twist. And how old is his wife and how does all this affect her?

As for Kisten, I do believe that Rachel had nothing to do with Kisten's death other than trying to stop it. I think that Piscary had a great deal to do with it and that he may have planted memories in Ivy to make her believe she did the deed in order to create a greater chasm in Rachel and Ivy's relationship.

It was well known how close Kisten and Rachel were and also Ivy's past relationship with him too. Piscary would want to destroy all of that. After all, make a deal with a demon to get out of jail ....... Who knows!

It may be interesting if Kalamack played a part in the whole deal. Hollows knows he has motives!
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Thank you ma'am. After following the Heroes TV series all last season, I've had some practice trying to figure out plot twists and story arcs. I am looking forward to the next book to see how close I was if at all. If you want to PM me about it, I can keep a secret..really, just ask the Navy. :smileyhappy:
V^^^^V
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

I did notice that Jenks oldest son was taking on a bit of responsibility. So that idea could be correct...

ultimately, I like Vampyre's theory about Jenks change to human-size. It would be very nice if that change gave him a human life span.

Kim... I really like Jenks. And that's all the whining I'll do about that. :smileyhappy:
Stephanie
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I really like Jenks, too, so chances are good he'll make it through what's coming, but I really liked Kisten, too. No, I just can't kill Jenks. Sometimes, though, they just do what they want, it seems.
--Kim

Stephanie wrote:
I really like Jenks. And that's all the whining I'll do about that. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

Ooh! what about the demons!? Maybe they will 'help out' - leaving more of a debt owed by Rachel...

Maybe even an accidental trip to the everafter results in some magic giving Jenks more of a life span, but gives 'less-than-pleasant' side affects...can you imagine an EVIL Jenks?! What a HOOT that would be... :-O

What about a VAMPIRE JENKS?! Some of Ivy's blood, combined with Rache's magic, has a REALLY unexpected affect on our little pal!! OMG!! That would be really amazing!!

KimHarrison wrote:
Mmmm, another good theory . . . ;-)

Brook wrote:

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Re: Jenks ***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

This isn't about how to save Jenks, since I'm just praying that Kim has already saved him .:smileywink: This is more of a question about him...and all Pixies really... Have we seen the full power of a pixie yet? I know that Jenks can pix someone, but what does that mean exactly? And can he do anything else that we haven't seen yet? Does he have any secret powers to come?
Sarah
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I'd like to hear everyone else's comments before I jump in here. Any comments?
--Kim

sarahn1080 wrote:
[...] Have we seen the full power of a pixie yet? I know that Jenks can pix someone, but what does that mean exactly? And can he do anything else that we haven't seen yet? Does he have any secret powers to come?

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

OK, I'll try to be patient :smileyhappy:...So guys help me out here what are your thoughts?
Sarah
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 644 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: