Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
TXPEACH
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself!

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone! My name is Bella and I am now a Kimiholic as well. My friend Sandy introduced me to the series last year when I was preparing to undergo surgery and knew I would have (ALOT!) of recovery time...Let's just say once the pain meds wore off I was thrilled to be engrossed in the saga that is the Hollows! *wink*
I have mananged to turn my best friend into a Kimiholic as well after seeing me with a KH book glued to my face every time we met for coffee!

So here we are in July; I am feeling much better and can't WAIT until the next KH masterpiece appears at B&N that I can get my hands on! The doors get locked, the bath gets drawn, and the sleep ends....Ahhhh Bliss!

Ps...As a gay witch myself, I DO sooo enjoy the teasing of Ivy and Rachael...YUMMM!
Kim, you ROCK!!! :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by TXPEACH on 07-17-2007 04:14 PM

Message Edited by TXPEACH on 07-17-2007 04:15 PM
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Oh, call me Kim! Please! ;-) Just don't call me KH. I don't like that as much.

bluenova3 wrote:
[...]not sure what to call her...Kim sounds too familiar for someone I've never met, you know??)[...]

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
New User
Nikki_86
0 Kudos

Hi I'm Nikki, I've been a Kim fan since the first book of the Rachel Morgan series came out. Actually it was my sister who introduced me to the book. All she read was paranormal books. I borrowed it and was hooked. I've been reading all of Kim's books as they came out. I also like reading Kelly Armstrong's books, Laurel K. Hamilton's and J.K. Rowlings. I now love reading anything with vampires and werewolves. It's practically what I prefer. I walk around my college campus with a book all the time. I also got my mom hooked on the series. So we each take turns buying the latest Kim Harrison book and passing it around. I Love the series and can't wait to read what Kim comes up with next!
Contributor
-Shannon-
0 Kudos

hi everyone! :-)

my name is shannon. i am a new fan of ms. kim's but count myself a forever fan from now on. i actually heard about her books on myspace, so i ordered them up. i read every single one the week of my vacation! they were that awesome. i have always loved anne rice and the way she wrote about vampires and witches. i gotta say i love love LOVE the way ms. kim tells her stories. it's all so interesting how she blends all these different characters, and intertwines thier stories together.

i must absolutely love her books, i have never gone this crazy over things i have read before, and that includes harry potter. i almost wish her next book was coming out this friday at midnight instead of the last installation of harry potter :-)
(who am i kidding....but still, it would be nice LOL)

~Shannon~
Contributor
bluenova3
0 Kudos

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!
You're right, she doesn't seem to mind at all! LOL!

I'm not sure about why it's almost always women who write these. I'll think on it a bit now that you pointed it out. I'm not familiar with Jim Butcher. Should I be? Is this a potential new author for me to read??

Kris
Contributor
bluenova3
0 Kudos

Thanks Jlatn!!

I knew I joined the right group! It's nice to start out with having something in common, isn't it?

I'm from one of the largest cities in Montana, but we're still a pretty traditional place, so I really haven't run into many who read these sorts of things. My best friend loves this series as well, but she hasn't read as far into it as I have either. Now I live in a very small town full of older people and farmers, so it'll be interesting to see if Kim's books have made it into the old Carnegie Library in my historic town.

Southern roots... I don't have those, but was raised by my grandmother, and some things just stick with you, don't they?? :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Well I know this is late but i just registered a couple of days ago. My name is Melisa (yes with 1 L and 1 S :smileyhappy:) I am actually new to Kim's books I started reading them just before FDM came out- so in a way I was lucky there were 5 books in a row waiting for me! Now I'm dying in anticipation like the others must have been doing (I don't know how they survived). If Kim reads this than she will prob realize why all of a sudden I popped up! It took me a while to find her but now I'm completely hooked! I never write authors or join in discussions cause I am so computer illiterate! :smileyhappy: Just ask my sister haha but I think Kim's personality brought me here as much as her books did!
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forums. Don't let your skill level bother you. It comes with practice. I can't type but I never let it stop me. I use 2 different spell checkers. :smileyhappy:

If you go to Kim's web page and click the comments tag, you can see 'talk' with her there as well. Beware though it's a mine field of spoilers so it's better to have read all of the nooks first. It;s not necessary though. Everyone is very friendly there.

There are also a couple of Yahoo groups people use. The links are on her page. I still don't have the knack for them yet.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Thanks I have checked out her page that's actually what brought me here! by the way im a big fan of your comments on the page as well :smileyhappy: love the story about you walking into the glass :smileyhappy: def made me laugh out loud.

Melisa
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I know what you mean Melisa, Vampyre is hilarious isn't he? He's been entertaining me for weeks! He really knows how to make people laugh! Oh, and his ability to recall details is excellent! We are glad that you are here to join us!! :smileyhappy:
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I can scare you to but I try to stay on topic as much as I can. The details I remember from the books are because those are the parts that interested me most. When people started talking about Ivy's shorter hair and ear rings, I was completely blank there. In one eye out the other.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Thanks for the welcome Vampyre and Sarah! It's nice to be welcomed and meet people who love Kim's books! So far it's been lots of fun reading everyone's comments but it's so hard to find the place I left off the day before! haha

Melisa
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Melisa,

Just click on the number in the 'new' column (you might be clicking thread) and only the messages you haven't seen will pop up.

Help any?

Vicki

Melisa wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Vampyre and Sarah! It's nice to be welcomed and meet people who love Kim's books! So far it's been lots of fun reading everyone's comments but it's so hard to find the place I left off the day before! haha

Melisa

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Melisa,

The default settings should have you opening a group to where you left off - threads with unread messages will be displayed in bold text, and when you click on it, the first message you read should be a new one.

It's also important to make sure you're signed on when you start reading.

Hope this helps,
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Yes thanks both of u! Helps A LOT!

Melisa
New User
Temperance17
0 Kudos

Hi! I'm Rachel! I love Kim Harrison too. I have the first 6 of her Rachel Morgan series and am in the process of reading the 3rd. I have always been into the paranormal or supernatural as I loke to call it. I also like authors such as J.R. Ward, Stephanie Meyer, Tamora Pierce etc...and I am about to get into reading Laurrell K. Hamilton as soon as I finish reading the 7 or 9 or so books I have lined up to read. Right now I am shuffling between: Every which way but dead-Kim Harrison, The 10th City-Patrick Carmen, and The Historian-Elizabeth Kostova. Tomorrow I have to start reading The Scarlet Letter-Nathaniel Hawthorne, while also reading stories online and writing my own. Yay multitasking!!!

New User
Rioreader
0 Kudos

I have been reading Kim Harrison books for quite a few years now. I love all the details that she puts into all her books and how I am always wanting to know so much more about all the characters. I can't wait to get my hands on her lastest book.  I'm sure it will be as great as the others.

Users Online
Currently online: 2 members 486 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: