Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

Ivy's Wish

Hi. As you probably remember Rachel, Ivy, and Jenks were given one wish from the leprechaun Rachel caught back in Dead Witch Walking. We were told Rachel and Jenk's wish, but we were never told what Ivy's wish was. Now, according to Kim Harrison, Ivy's wish has already happened. Does anyone have a clue what it was?

My opinion is Piscary's death.
VV
Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

Re: Ivy's Wish

Ooh! Good topic... I had forgotten all about this little tidbit!

Hmmm... If I had to guess, and I'm probably going to be laughed out of the site, but I think it was something that was sadly-simple: that she had a 'real' friend. I remember after the 'bite incident' the story talked about how this was always something that she really felt she never had and always wanted - someone that wasn't afraid of her but was their own person, with no 'hidden agenda', and truly cared about Ivy as a person.

Wha'cha' guys think?
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

I think both of these ideas are excellent! I'm wondering how we'll find out. Do you think Ivy will say, Remember my leprechaun wish - well it came true....
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Maybe her wish is the reason why Rachel can't remember the details of what happened on Kisten's boat.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

... I didn't even think about that line of thought. (blinks) It would also explain Jenks memory issues to. (grins) I can't wait until the next book comes out...
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
Contributor
Tygerlilylaka1
0 Kudos

I was sort of thinking it was for Rachel to become powerful enough magically to save her from herself but after reading the above ideas, I may have to re-evaluate :smileyhappy:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

I don't think Ivy wished for Rachel to forget something because Rachel smelled the items to make a forget potion right after she woke up. I think the whole friend thing is probably right, now that I think of it. It is what Ivy's always wanted, an unconditional friend.
VV
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

I don't know about wishing for an unconditional friend. That would lower Rachel's status to no more than a puppy or a kitten. That's what pets do. If Ivy did that to Rachel, she'd be no more than a pet. It also seems kind of selfish and I don't think Ivy is that selfish. She is very needy though so it is still possible.

I'm more inclined to think she'd wish Rachel was stronger or that Jenks would live longer. I doubt the latter though because she's already used it. I guess we'll know in just a short 10 months from now. AAAAAAK!
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
0 Kudos

I've never ventured a guess but here's what clues I've picked up from Kim's comments in the past:

- would embarrass Ivy for Rachel to know
- won't "save the day"
- likely to cause problems for Rachel when everything comes to fruition

I can't wait to find out though!
0 Kudos

All good ideas so far...maybe she just hasn't used it because she has all that she wants right now. In the future she could wish for a scion to do some of the things she is going to have to take care of now that Piscary isn't around. I wonder if anyone has already touched upon what the wish is...:smileyhappy:
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

kim already said it happened, so that means she made a wish.
VV
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I'm loving these "supposes." But, ah, it's going to be all the way to 2009 before you find out for sure. (evil author grin)
--Kim

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

2009?! Geez... Oh, well... I'll be right here when you decide to unveil these (and other) wonderful secrets!! By then, there will be so many more things we can fret upon...

Oh, wonderful bliss, this torture will be...could be...shall be...should be... [deep, deep sigh]

I do have one other possibility for Ivy's wish: remember how she wanted to branch out on her own, at the time that this wish was granted? And, Leprechauns are notorious for their abilities with gold and the ability to grant financial gain (from what I've read and seen in theatrical realms). Maybe that is what she wanted, the ability to take care of herself financially for all time. For our lovely vampire, that is a WHOPPING wish... I know her family was financially well-to-do, but that doesn't mean it 'trickled down' to Ivy's needs.
AN7
Contributor
AN7
0 Kudos

KimHarrison wrote:
I'm loving these "supposes." But, ah, it's going to be all the way to 2009 before you find out for sure. (evil author grin)
--Kim

Aaahhh! (squirming in the floor) it hurts! That is just cruel, Bad author! (ha ha) You know you became a masochist when you enjoy this sort of things.
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
0 Kudos

KimHarrison wrote:
--Kim

That is so EVIL, to the tenth degree! Not until 2009??!! I would pay you a small fortune if you let me be your proofreader....and my lips would be sealed. :smileywink:

-Mendi
0 Kudos

2009!? AAK! I am old, I don't know if I'll be around that long. :smileysurprised: Oh well as long as it's before 2012. That's when the asteroid destroys 85% of the Earth. :smileyhappy:
V^^^^V
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I'd say I'm sorry, but really I'm not. (big grin) See, I usually sit on a book for a good two years before you see it, and THAT'S torture. I'm just "sharing the love." (laughing now)
--Kim

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VV
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
At Kim Harrison's, we open no book before it's time. This ensures the finest read to the most discriminating reader. No matter if you slowly read our books over a period of several weeks or power read them in 2 hours, your satisfaction is guaranteed and you will be wanting more. :smileysurprised:

You know, if I did stuff like this to my pets, PETA or the SPCA would be all over me. :smileyindifferent: It's all right you big meanie, we'll wait..like we have a choice. :smileyvery-happy:

P.s. By 'we' and 'our' I do not mean to imply anything. That bit is supposed to be a parody one of those old wine commercials and be humorous. :smileyhappy: I feel silly adding this but all people are different and not everyone sees the same thing when they read something. Your mileage may vary and prices are subject to change due to availability. This disclaimer void where prohibited. Have a nice day...OR ELSE! :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-24-2007 11:06 AM
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

lol Vampyre, lol
VV
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 676 guests