Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Re: Our Questions for Kim

[ Edited ]
Sarah,

Don't worry I'll let u know but be careful there are so many people in the background sheesh!

Is Minias mentioned in Book 3 . . . i wonder. kim says we haven't met him but she could mean we haven't really gotten to KNOW him yet not that we've never actually MET him

o and she is DEF enjoying teasing us haha!

Melisa

Message Edited by Melisa on 07-31-2007 12:56 AM
Contributor
Thewhitewave
0 Kudos

Well as far as I can see the obvious people who make a first significant background appearances in Book 3 are David, Quen, Takata, Ceri, Ellsabeth, Lee and Newt. But as to whether that list contains the real candidate I'm as much in the dark as the rest of you.

I realise that some of my list are females but hey... unlike Rachel's often repeated mantra, some of ARE wired that way, and I always say don't knock it until you have tried it girl!

More seriously though, as a fully signed up member of the school of thought that holds that Rachel has some not very well hidden Demon blood somewhere in her ancestry... I hope that when the new coupling emerges it will be as startling unexpected shocking and pure spine tingling enjoyment as the rest of the series.

Can I entice you to comment briefly on Rachel's origins and her rather obviously different DNA Kim? Or is that too big a spoiler for now...? :smileywink:
Witches - You will seldom notice the good ones... :-)
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

I don't want to say anymore! (grin) You're just going to have to wait! ;-)

Melisa wrote:
Kim, i remember u saying he shows up in book 3 and i almost went crazy looking for people in the background :smileyhappy: I had to stop! haha. But are we going to meet him in the 6th book or one after that?

Melisa

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

It's a good idea. And that's all you're going to get out of me. ;-) If I say yes, you stop thinking, and if I say no, you stop thinking. So I'm not going to say anything, and drive you crazy. ;-)

--Kim

Thewhitewave wrote:
[...]Can I entice you to comment briefly on Rachel's origins and her rather obviously different DNA Kim? Or is that too big a spoiler for now...? :smileywink:

New User
blackcattoes
0 Kudos

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for the response. I'm not the writer, I'm the chief-cook and bottle-washer in the house. Just trying to figure out the best way to be supportive to the hard-working writer, without getting myself bogged down with all the day-to-day stuff.

4:30am! Whew, last time I saw 4:30am, I think I was headed to bed, not getting up!! Good for you.

By the way, I loved your books!

~Judy
New User
blackcattoes
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

I guess I should be writing to Guy, as I am the chief-cook and bottle washer in the family, not the writer! So I guess living with a little(big) mess for a while is par for the course. OK, I'll get out the hip-waders and keep slogging through the house!

Seriously though, thanks for the answer. I am trying to find a balance between being supportive and not getting irritated over the mess. I hate being a nag. It's not really that bad, but it could be. We've talked about getting someone to come in and clean, maybe it's time to set that up. Of course, we'll have to clean before the cleaning lady gets here.

I've tried to get Gus the Sheltie, Jenks the kitten and the other 2 cats to help out, but they only want to supervise, not actually help!

Take care,

~Judy aka blackcattoes
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Judy,

You're very welcome ... and bless you. I couldn't have finished even one book were it not for a supportive spouse.

(Oh, and thanks for taking time out of bottle washing ('This, too, shall pass... that's what I keep saying. {G}) to read my books!)

Best,
Vicki

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Ah Kim! :smileysad: haha

Another question for u: Will we find out more about Rachel's father's death, connection to Trent's father/Quen/Piscary?

Melisa

KimHarrison wrote:
I don't want to say anymore! (grin) You're just going to have to wait! ;-)

Melisa wrote:
Kim, i remember u saying he shows up in book 3 and i almost went crazy looking for people in the background :smileyhappy: I had to stop! haha. But are we going to meet him in the 6th book or one after that?

Melisa

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Judy.

Mmmm, you have no idea how important you are when you are supporting a creative person trying to be creative. If not for you, nothing, and I mean, nothing, would ever get to print. I hope you find a way to find a balance. It might help to have one thing, or one room, or one task, that he takes responsibility for so that you don't feel like you're doing it all on your own. I do the laundry. (most times) It's something that Guy HATES! He does it very well, but I make an effort to do it so he doesn't.

Good luck!
--Kim

blackcattoes wrote:
Hi Kim,

I guess I should be writing to Guy, as I am the chief-cook and bottle washer in the family, not the writer! So I guess living with a little(big) mess for a while is par for the course. OK, I'll get out the hip-waders and keep slogging through the house!

Seriously though, thanks for the answer. I am trying to find a balance between being supportive and not getting irritated over the mess. I hate being a nag. It's not really that bad, but it could be. We've talked about getting someone to come in and clean, maybe it's time to set that up. Of course, we'll have to clean before the cleaning lady gets here.

I've tried to get Gus the Sheltie, Jenks the kitten and the other 2 cats to help out, but they only want to supervise, not actually help!

Take care,

~Judy aka blackcattoes

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

You bet, but it won't be as much as you probably want. ;-)
--Kim

Melisa wrote:
Ah Kim! :smileysad: haha

Another question for u: Will we find out more about Rachel's father's death, connection to Trent's father/Quen/Piscary?

Melisa

New User
blackcattoes
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Compromise!! My new word!! It's not so bad really, but on days that I'm busy, things do tend to fall to the wayside. Thank God I'm "dirt blind".

Thanks for the responses, if my arms were longer I'd pat myself on the back!

~Judy aka blackcattoes
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

It has truly been my pleasure. ;-)
--Kim

Users Online
Currently online:4 members 603 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: