Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
stephsmiley
0 Kudos

Re: Our Questions for Kim

[ Edited ]
Maybe it's Takata or David's former partner?!!! I'm leaning to Takata! Wouldn't that be fascinating. And I know David's former partner was kinda old, but . . . you never know with our girl!

sarahn1080 wrote:
Melissa,
Kim said that we HAVE already met him about three books back...that is why I guessed him. Are there any other guys that you can think of? :smileyhappy: I am having a hard time thinking of anyone else :smileyhappy:

Message Edited by stephsmiley on 07-27-2007 09:51 PM

Message Edited by stephsmiley on 07-27-2007 09:51 PM
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
OO Rachel being part daemon could be an interesting twist. I like it.

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-27-2007 10:57 PM
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
New User
Stormy
0 Kudos

Yes,I live across the river that is just ONE of the things I find so fascinating about the series. It is really cool to think about the places that I grew up around through the eyes of Rachel, such as fountain square a circle of power. That and where did you get your interest in 'spaghetti westerns' for the titles? :smileyhappy:
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Blackcattoes.

Ha! I'm laughing now. How did I reconcile the day-to-day stuff with wanting to write? I didn't do the day-to-day stuff. It got really messy. We ate a lot of burned meals, and TV became a thing of the past. It's still kind of like that, but Guy makes meals now, and the cleaning . . . I'm embarrassed to say I've had to hire someone to come in and clean, and I've never been happier. (grin)

Kim

blackcattoes wrote[...] When you first started writing, how did you reconcile all your day-to-day mundane activities with the urge to write?[...]Does it get any easier or are you still having to juggle writing time and everything else?

Thanks!

~Judy aka blackcattoes

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick.

Is there one big bad ugly pulling the strings? Nope! All the bad guys/gals are working from their own agenda. I'm so glad you're enjoying the Hollows. Thanks!

--Kim

pobrien6484 wrote:[...]I was just wondering if maybe there is one figure behind them all, subtly pulling their strings.[...]
Patrick

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

four thirty! Holy Cow! Vicki, I don't know how you do it!

--Kim

VickiPettersson wrote:
[...]right now I get up at 4:30 am to get in three hours before the baby wakes
Vicki

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Nope! But good guess.

TONIC wrote:
Back to the reason Ivy cut her hair. Maybe she cut it so short cuz it's a boyish haircut? And Rachel likes guys. And she got it styled when Rachel said she liked it.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Uh, actually I said he appeared in the books three books back. I never did say that we . . . uh . . . met him. (grin)
--Kim

sarahn1080 wrote:
Melissa,
Kim said that we HAVE already met him about three books back...

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Stormy.

I liked the characters that Clint Eastwood played. But one of the biggest reasons I parody his titles is because they are so recognizable, preventing someone from going in to a bookstore and asking for the book about that witch and that vampire. ;-)
--Kim

Stormy wrote:[...]where did you get your interest in 'spaghetti westerns' for the titles? :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Tygerlilylaka1
0 Kudos

Hi again Ms. Kim!

I'm asking this for a friend who is too shy to ask for herself, but mostly so we can see who has to buy the icecream when your next book is released.

Is there some significance to the black gold jewerly Ivy, Kisten,Skimmer and Rachel wear or is it just a sign of them belonging to the same camarilla? She's big into conspiracies and was wondering if Kisten really had a morgue phobia or was there more to it then we know.

Thank you in advance for your time =0)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy
Contributor
aericka
0 Kudos

I don't like lee either. I was thinking Glenn until Kim totally blew that one out the water cause we've already met him. I have no idea, everytime I get excited about Rache finally being happy something up and happens to her bf!

On another note: did anyone else notice a spark between David and Ivy. I'm not all the way done with the last book ( I know, I Know, not my fault, don't ask) so don't ruin it for me if something happens in this book!
Contributor
aericka
0 Kudos

Hi Kim, ooooo Johny Depp, I forgot about him, yummy! Anyways, yes definitely I think we need to start a new thread I would love to here what other people think!

Aericka
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Good point about maybe being half demon . . . oh and I started going back through the book to look at people in the background and had to stop after 60 pages. You can drive yourself insane! I was looking at the couple in line behind Rachel to Takata's bodyguards! Just can't take it anymore! :smileyhappy:

ps no problem about spelling my name wrong happens all the time (I'm just unique like that) Thanks for the correction though! :smileyhappy:

sarahn1080 wrote:
Melisa, I'm sorry about adding the extra s to your name!
I don't think that you are crazy. I don't think that she IS a demon...all the way, but having some demon blood she may be part demon...I think!! Maybe...who knows?!

Sarah

Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Kim, I'm sorry I'm sure you've said before but which book do we meet this new mystery guy in? Is it the 6th one? If it isn't will he at least somehow be in it?

Melisa
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

LOL. _Anything_ is easy after that first year of motherhood. {grin}

KimHarrison wrote:
four thirty! Holy Cow! Vicki, I don't know how you do it!

--Kim

VickiPettersson wrote:
[...]right now I get up at 4:30 am to get in three hours before the baby wakes
Vicki

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Tygerlily.

Mmmm, that's kind of hard for me to answer. The black gold jewelry is one of those world building elements that I put in for the potential to develop it into something more, but I haven't quite decided how. I know what I want to do with it, but the story isn't taking me that way. As for Kisten in the morgue? He didn't want to be there because he was afraid he might know someone who he really didn't want to meet. ;-)
--Kim

Tygerlilylaka1 wrote:
Hi again Ms. Kim!

I'm asking this for a friend who is too shy to ask for herself, but mostly so we can see who has to buy the icecream when your next book is released.

Is there some significance to the black gold jewerly Ivy, Kisten,Skimmer and Rachel wear or is it just a sign of them belonging to the same camarilla? She's big into conspiracies and was wondering if Kisten really had a morgue phobia or was there more to it then we know.

Thank you in advance for your time =0)

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Good idea!
--Kim

aericka wrote:
[...] I think we need to start a new thread I would love to here what other people think!

Aericka

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Hi Melisa.

You mean Rachel's new love interest? Mmmm, he shows up in the books in book three, but not so you'd notice him.
--Kim

Melisa wrote:
Kim, I'm sorry I'm sure you've said before but which book do we meet this new mystery guy in?[...]
Melisa

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Melisa,
I think that she is enjoying this don't you :smileywink: I think her little evil author grins come really easy now...:smileyhappy: I will also have to go back through book three looking for the mere mention of a man...let the fun begin...keep in touch over Kim's page if you think you find something. I look in there often. Happy hunting!!!!

KimHarrison wrote:
Hi Melisa.

You mean Rachel's new love interest? Mmmm, he shows up in the books in book three, but not so you'd notice him.
--Kim

Melisa wrote:
Kim, I'm sorry I'm sure you've said before but which book do we meet this new mystery guy in?[...]
Melisa

Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Melisa
0 Kudos

Kim, i remember u saying he shows up in book 3 and i almost went crazy looking for people in the background :smileyhappy: I had to stop! haha. But are we going to meet him in the 6th book or one after that?

Melisa
Users Online
Currently online: 45 members 250 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: