Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Vicki Pettersson is here! The party just got started.

Vicki is going to be shy, not wanting to think she's treading on my ground uninvited, but I want to let you all know that this is an up and coming urban fantasy writer who's first and second novel are both out. THE SCENT OF SHADOWS and THE TASTE OF NIGHT.

She's going to have her own board here at B&N when I take my leave, so she's kind of dipping her toe in to test the water.

--Kim (who is really hoping Vicki doesn't mind me shoving her into the light a little more before her scheduled stint starts)

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

Re: Vicki Pettersson is here! The party just got started.

Hey Kim, your right that Vicki is a up and coming. Her books are great. I actually read them on your suggestion. So now I suggest to others who see this to read them. THEIR GOOD!!! So don't miss out. -Sami
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
0 Kudos

Hi Vicki, nice to see you here also! I'm looking forward to participating in your upcoming Author Appearance here at the Book Clubs. I'm not great at starting or keeping a discussion going but I'll try to put in a few nice points here and there. Hope you had a safe and delightful vacation! Oh, and I'm very much looking forward to November and HOLIDAYS ARE HELL.

Drink/Cocktail of choice at the moment: the classic Margarita on the rocks!
6 oz. of Simply Limeade
1 shot of Jose Cuervo Tradionale tequila
1 shot of Cointreau
splash of Rose's Lime

Cheers,
-Mendi
0 Kudos

Hi vicki,

I'm glad they are doing your book next month but welcome early. I kept putting off reading your books because I had so many on my to be read list but I read them over the weekend and loved them and am looking forward to talking about them.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

(grins) Vickie, you'll recognize my name from your friends on myspace. I'm a recent add because I took Kim's suggestion and dipped into your books. (coughs) I tend to spend most of my time on myspace when I am not working (ok, I'm a workaholic... it is amazing I have the time to read).

I'm just glad another great author is going to dive into the discussion forums for a bit of reader/writer interaction. You'll see me there!!!
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Aw, Kim! Always so generous with me (Did ya'll know she let a brand-spankin' new author tag along on two stops of her last tour? Talk about sharing the spotlight! And have you ever heard of such a thing? Nope, me either. {shaking head}).

Anyhoodles (wait, that wasn't very dark urban fantasy of me, was it? {Ahem!}).
Well, Tink's toenails, let's talk! {big grin}

Vicki/Party Crasher/LP

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Sami,
I've found some great authors on Kim's suggestions, too (Faith Hunter and Rachel Vincent immediately come to mind). So it's nice to be in such great company. I'm so glad you enjoyed the books!

Best,
Vicki

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Mendi! So good to see your pixels! And that's my girl, offering up the goods in the first post. A 'rita is perfect for this time of year (98 in the shade, ug!).

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Toni,

Wow - you read them in one weekend? That's so cool! If I'd have known I'd have been thinking, 'I wonder what part Toni is reading right now?'

I can't wait to talk with you about them!

Vicki

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Oh, excellent! I can't wait to get started. I love MySpace, and have met some people I wouldn't have otherwise, but I'm looking forward to engaging in a real conversation with readers. That's what it's all about, after all.

Talk soon,
Vicki

Silvarian_Lupus wrote:
I'm just glad another great author is going to dive into the discussion forums for a bit of reader/writer interaction. You'll see me there!!!

Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

Hiya Ms. Vicki!!!!

I just picked up Scent today and have gotten to about page 30. *Stands, claps, hoots and hollers*

Considering I just blew through Harry Potter in 2 days, I should be done with both of your books by the end of the weekend....and then I'll be chomping at the bit for Holidays to come out.

Honestly, if Kim introduces me to any more amazing authors I'll have to bake her a cake or take her out for sushi or something. You girls have absolutely got it. I haven't been this enthralled...so completely absorbed into a story in a very long time. Let's just make sure that her release dates and yours aren't at the same time!!!

Gotta go....Joanna beckons!

Diane
Diane
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

Why, thank you so much! I tell ya, Kim has sent me more readers ... I really do owe her big time. I blew through HP in two days as well, so I have no doubt you'll be finished with mine in another minute. Isn't it wonderful to get so lost in a story?

Oh, and I already went throw the (petrifying) honor of having my first book released at the same time as Kim's ... but it all worked out well. She let me hit a couple of stops on her tour, and introduced me to some of her readers (again) in person. Plus, her series is so good and strong that she makes readers want More, so while they're waiting for her next release, perhaps they'll pick up mine. Good books make for a stronger genre all around, so I love to see another author absolutely killin' it, you know?

(On that note, we should applaud her showing on the NY Times list this year, too. That's unbelievable!)

All fangirl again {g},
Vicki

LoveKnots629 wrote:
Hiya Ms. Vicki!!!!

Honestly, if Kim introduces me to any more amazing authors I'll have to bake her a cake or take her out for sushi or something. You girls have absolutely got it. I haven't been this enthralled...so completely absorbed into a story in a very long time. Let's just make sure that her release dates and yours aren't at the same time!!!

Gotta go....Joanna beckons!

Diane

Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

Hey Vicki, I know what it's like to get lost in a story. I read your books so fast. I think it was two days. I just couldn't put them down. I was nonstop reading in my room. My mom didn't like that. She said "I never see you anymore. You always have your face in a book." I think her reaction to how much I read is funny. She goes around telling her friends that she has to compete with authors for her own child's attention. When ever I find a good book I read it really fast, then go back and read it again to catch what I missed the first time. I was able to read HP in one day. I still have to go back and read it again to let it sink in. I can't wait for your author appearance next month. It's going to be a blast. Talk to ya later.

Sami
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Sami,
Ug - my family used to get on me, too (Er, still do {G}). I remember going on vacation to Oregon and my uncles yelling at me to 'Get outside, go do something, you're on vacation ... don't just read all day!"

And I thought, 'But that _is_ vacation!'

So glad you're sticking around next month ... and tell your mom 'Sorry' from me. {evil grin}

Vicki

Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

OK! OK! OK! I'm jumping on the band wagon! I am going to get your books tomorrow! :smileyhappy: I find it hard to believe that you aren't awesome with so many endorsements! I mean Kim's alone is great, but now everyone else. I will go tomorrow to find them! :smileyhappy: I can't wait to read them so that I can follow all my friends that I've made here over to your discussion! Kim and Vicki Rock!!!!
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
adoring_fan
0 Kudos

KimHarrison wrote:
Vicki is going to be shy, not wanting to think she's treading on my ground uninvited, but I want to let you all know that this is an up and coming urban fantasy writer who's first and second novel are both out. THE SCENT OF SHADOWS and THE TASTE OF NIGHT.

She's going to have her own board here at B&N when I take my leave, so she's kind of dipping her toe in to test the water.

--Kim (who is really hoping Vicki doesn't mind me shoving her into the light a little more before her scheduled stint starts)

Oh my god! Two for the price of one. Kim, Vicki, I love you guys. I love your writing and the worlds you have created. Vicki, I read yours back to back and am desparate for more. Kim, I always reread the whole series before you release a new one. GUSH, GUSH, GUSH!
I am only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hairspray I use, and the girlfriends I have....
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Sarah,

Yay! I can't wait to hear what you think! And now I think I owe Kim for _another_ reader. OMG, the karma points are just stacking up in her favor. What do you guys think I should do to pay her back? {smile}

Best,
Vicki

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Back-to-back? Wow - thank you! (And speaking of two-fers, HOLIDAYS ARE HELL will be out in November; Kim's the lead author, and I make a humble showing there, too, so you might like that?)

Talk soon - and stick around in August, okay?
Vicki

adoring_fan wrote:

Oh my god! Two for the price of one. Kim, Vicki, I love you guys. I love your writing and the worlds you have created. Vicki, I read yours back to back and am desparate for more. Kim, I always reread the whole series before you release a new one. GUSH, GUSH, GUSH!

Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Vicki, you should just see me blushing here! Pay me back? Just pay it forward when you find an unpublished writer who has a voice you fall in love with. This profession HARD to break into!

--Kim

VickiPettersson wrote:[...]What do you guys think I should do to pay her back? {smile}

Best,
Vicki

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Kim,

I promise. {smile}

Vicki

KimHarrison wrote:
Vicki, you should just see me blushing here! Pay me back? Just pay it forward when you find an unpublished writer who has a voice you fall in love with. This profession HARD to break into!

--Kim

VickiPettersson wrote:[...]What do you guys think I should do to pay her back? {smile}

Best,
Vicki

Users Online
Currently online: 12 members 557 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: