Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Re: Vicki Pettersson is here! The party just got started.

Drat I was sleepy and fell a sleep for bout 5 hours. I was very hungry when I woke up. By the time I ate, I had a call from work. The guy that's supposed to be there had some sort of emergency and wanted me to come in for a couple of hours. Here I am stuck at work now and I forgot my book. :smileysad: Last time this happened to me, it was a girl. She said she'd be gone 2 hours and we never saw her again. I am to reliable for my own good. :smileytongue:

I guess we'll have to follow VP next month and keep her busy. No slacking off just to post here. Sure I love hearing what she has to say but we must have more books to read. :smileywink:
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Vampyre,

And I'll say it again...

_Slave-driver!_
{grin}

Vicki

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Well I'd hate to see you back in a chorus line(yeah right) because you spend too much time posting in the forums and got addicted to it. :smileywink:

After a very hectic day yesterday, I finally managed to finish chapter one of SoS. You sure managed to pack a lot of material in there. Very well done. I'm off 'til Saturday now so I can devote more time to reading now. Actually I spend most of my time at work reading or watching DVD's. Yep, it's a tough job but some one's gotta do it.:smileysurprised:
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
Thewhitewave
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Vicki

I am so glad that you dropped in here! I have just completed FDM and was wondering what I was going to read next week... then you popped up... how I missed you until now I don't know but I have just rushed out and bought the signs of the Zodiac books 1 and 2. I have just seen that book 3 is due out soon... Thank goodness! I so hate waiting please tell me that the next 9 will be along soon?

I'm already absolutely hooked - the only thing is I am a very fast reader ( less than 24 hours for an average 300 pager ) so you and Kim need to write a bit faster please :smileyvery-happy: (only joking!)

Fortunately I have my own writing - albeit in a slightly different genre - to occupy me whilst I wait.

Message Edited by Thewhitewave on 08-01-2007 09:43 PM
Witches - You will seldom notice the good ones... :-)
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Vampyre,

That's what I used to do as well! {grin}

Vampyre wrote:
Actually I spend most of my time at work reading or watching DVD's. Yep, it's a tough job but some one's gotta do it.:smileysurprised:

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Yay! So glad I could fill in the holes while you await your next Harrison fix, and when not working on your own novel. Don't worry about 'missing' me - I'm fairly new...the books have only been out since March and April respectively - I'm just thrilled you took a chance on a newbie author now. Thank you!

And I hear you on reading fast. I've slowed down now that I'm under contract (Ah, the irony!) but I'm a _big_ reader.

I hope you stick around to chat next month!

Best,
Vicki

Thewhitewave wrote:
Vicki

I am so glad that you dropped in here! I have just completed FDM and was wondering what I was going to read next week... then you popped up... how I missed you until now I don't know but I have just rushed out and bought the signs of the Zodiac books 1 and 2. I have just seen that book 3 is due out soon... Thank goodness! I so hate waiting please tell me that the next 9 will be along soon?

I'm already absolutely hooked - the only thing is I am a very fast reader ( less than 24 hours for an average 300 pager ) so you and Kim need to write a bit faster please :smileyvery-happy: (only joking!)

Fortunately I have my own writing - albeit in a slightly different genre - to occupy me whilst I wait.

Message Edited by Thewhitewave on 08-01-2007 09:43 PM

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vicki,

Funny, it's just not possible to think of you as a "newbie" author after reading your work. At any rate, because I haven't been thinking along that line, I have failed to congratulate you - so:

Congratulations on your contract! That's wonderful, and I'm thrilled for you. I hope your books sell like hotcakes.
Stephanie
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Oh, thank you Stephanie! Both for the kind words and the congratulations. I don't know if I'll ever feel like I'm _not_ a newbie. I've been writing for awhile now, but this book business is very learn-as-you-go. And, of course, I learn something new as I write, and re-write, each new book. Most exciting, is meeting other people who love fiction: my peeps! {grin}

Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 256 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: