Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Re: Vicki Pettersson is here! The party just got started.

"Vicki is going to be shy..."

Ummmm I think she overcame that. :smileyhappy:
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

{snort}

Vampyre wrote:
"Vicki is going to be shy..."

Ummmm I think she overcame that. :smileyhappy:

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

OK. I previously posted that I owe Kim for introducing new authors and gushed a bit over the first 30 pages of Vicki's first book. I was finally able to finish Scent about 5 minutes ago...real life and all that...anyhow, let's see...

Kim, I love ya to death. Amazing friend and talent that you are, you know how dear the Hallows are to me..... VV

Vicki, OH. MY. FREAKIN'. STAR. SIGNS!!!! Now I know why Kim said this book reached right out and slapped her silly! I'll start TON tomorrow. My mind is racing so fast, I can't even think of what else to say without babbling. Consider me a huge fan!

For those who haven't read Vicki's books yet....don't wait one more day. It's gonna blow your mind!!!!!
Diane
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

No, don't hold back what did you really think of her book? :smileyhappy:

Mine should arrive Monday. I'm looking forward to it.
V^^^^V
Contributor
NickinColoma
0 Kudos

Yay! Vicki Petterson is here! After having read both of Ms. Pettersson's books, I LOVE what she is doing with her story line. So if you haven't yet read her books, please do it now. You WILL be glad you did ------Nick in Coloma :smileyhappy:
Nick in Coloma
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Kim and Vickki,

I wish that you could both stick around for another month but at least we will still have Vicki and maybe Kim will sneak in for a drink or two during the month. Looking forward to who you will introduce us to.

Thanks Kim it has really been fun chating with you. Vicki I don't think you will see me on MY Space. I get too much junk from them now and I have newver been there that I won't visit. Nothing against you just that web site.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

Vampyre wrote:

Vampyre,

LOL, actually, I was trying to hold back being that this IS Kim's message board!! Here's the thing...I consider Kim on par with....oh, say Stephen King as far as her ability to make me REALLY feel like a participant in the story.

I'm often dubious about reading a new author because I know I'll compare and I hate being disappointed. I also find that when reading the same genre, you often end up reading the same story just told a different way. There's no comparing Kim & Vicki's storylines....totally apples & oranges. As to the authors themselves...in MY book (hehehe), I'm putting Vicki on par with Kim...she just doesn't have as many books out...YET!!!

Hope your package arrives today. You're gonna have to read fast, Wednesday will be here before you know it!

VV
D
Diane
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

That is so cool. (grin) See? Didn't I tell you it was good! (bigger grin)
--Kim

LoveKnots629 wrote:
OK. I previously posted that I owe Kim for introducing new authors and gushed a bit over the first 30 pages of Vicki's first book. I was finally able to finish Scent about 5 minutes ago...real life and all that...anyhow, let's see...

Kim, I love ya to death. Amazing friend and talent that you are, you know how dear the Hallows are to me..... VV

Vicki, OH. MY. FREAKIN'. STAR. SIGNS!!!! Now I know why Kim said this book reached right out and slapped her silly! I'll start TON tomorrow. My mind is racing so fast, I can't even think of what else to say without babbling. Consider me a huge fan!

For those who haven't read Vicki's books yet....don't wait one more day. It's gonna blow your mind!!!!!

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

LOLOL!

You should see me blushing right now - thank you so much!

And it couldn't have come at a better time as I'm knee deep in edits on the third book right now, so thanks for that little extra push of inspiration today (you should see my desk!).

No matter what she says, now I _really_ owe Kim. {g}

LoveKnots629 wrote:

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Thanks so much, Nick! (BTW, your name _could_ get you in a bit of trouble 'round these parts {wink}). It still floors me that my books have found such a great audience. Color me giddy. {grin}

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Toni,

I'd _love_ it if Kim crashed my book club. {grin} We'll see if her schedule allows, though -- pesky deadlines!

And don't worry about MySpace - it's not for everybody, and I know that. I'm just happy I 'met' you here!

Nelsmom wrote:
Kim and Vickki,

I wish that you could both stick around for another month but at least we will still have Vicki and maybe Kim will sneak in for a drink or two during the month. Looking forward to who you will introduce us to.

Thanks Kim it has really been fun chating with you. Vicki I don't think you will see me on MY Space. I get too much junk from them now and I have newver been there that I won't visit. Nothing against you just that web site.

Toni

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

{falls over in a dead faint}

Thunk.

LoveKnots629 wrote:

Vampyre wrote:

Vampyre,

I'm putting Vicki on par with Kim...she just doesn't have as many books out...YET!!!

Hope your package arrives today. You're gonna have to read fast, Wednesday will be here before you know it!

VV
D

Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

VickiPettersson wrote:
{falls over in a dead faint}

Thunk

NOTACHANCESHOWGIRL!!! You've got work to do....get up!!!

BTW, what's the release date??

Message Edited by LoveKnots629 on 07-30-2007 04:11 PM
Diane
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Vicki,
I just got your first book and started it! I love Joanna and her crew so far!! I can't wait to see what comes next! I'm glad that I bought it...I bet you will be one of my new must have authors! :smileyhappy:
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

falls over in a dead faint}"

Thunk."
------------

Clear!! BZZZZZZZzzztt! again! Clear! BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzT! ___/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

We got her back! Get that o2 here STAT! Someone get her a pen and paper. She's got more writing to do.

my package is late... glad you aren't. :smileyhappy:
V^^^^V
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Release date for the third book? It's June '08.

But I have a story in the anthology Kim is headlining in November, HOLIDAYS ARE HELL. That could just tide ya over...

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Thanks, Sarah!

Funny, I just picked up Scent today to do some fact-checking and I remembered why I fell for Jo, too. She's soooo much fun to write.

Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

LOL.

Okay, I'm onto you guys now. Two people have 'revived' me just so I can go back to work. {snort}

Slave-drivers.

Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
"NOTACHANCESHOWGIRL!!! You've got work to do....get up!!!"

I really liked that. I wish I had thought of it. :smileyvery-happy:

Woo Hoo My books are here! In the words of the great Jayne Cobb, "I'll be in my bunk."

Message Edited by Vampyre on 07-31-2007 03:56 PM
V^^^^V
Frequent Contributor
LoveKnots629
0 Kudos

Hehehehe....thanks Vampyre.

Every once in a while I'll come up with a good one. The point is, we just can't let these girls slack off...those books aren't going to Copy Edit themselves!!!! Sheesh, Kim's been whining about having to do that this week. I offered to do it FOR her, free of charge....she actually SNICKERED at me and said Nooooooooo (all drawn out like that too). Witch.

LMBO

VV
D
Diane
Users Online
Currently online: 29 members 894 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: