Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

What is your favorite thing that happens in the books?

Hello everyone
I know that we all have are favorite parts. I was just wandering what some of yours are. Mine is in FDM when Rachel knocks Skimmer on her but in the rain, and then you find out Ivy watched it happen. You can't get better than that in my opinion. Rachel rocks, and Skimmer needed to be knocked around a little.
Author
KimHarrison
0 Kudos

Re: What is your favorite thing that happens in the books?

My favorite is the wedding. I love that the bus stayed to watch and see if she tagged Trent. And the boots? Love the boots. And the phone ringing? I built the story around that wedding. (grin)
--Kim

Learn more about For a Few Demons More.
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Hi Sami,

One think Kim does so well are group scenes, where there are so many people and so much going on that the pages just fly by. In FDM, the wedding scene is just awesome, and I really love the climax, with everyone in the police station. Technically (and tension-wise) it just doesn't get any better than that. I flew through it (and the rest of the book) and then I had to go back and do an immediate re-read. I think my spoken words (though I was alone in the room) were, "How the h*ll does she do that?" {G}

Oh, and when Ceri tells off Trent. LOVE that.

Oh, and every appearance of Al on the page.

And Jenks. Duh.

I'll stop now.

Clearly a fangirl (and an author, but not THE author {G}),
Vicki

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I liked the wedding scene alot but I think my favorite thing was at the first of the book qhwn she diened letting the demon take her over and found out it was a female demon. I really loved thoes opening scenes.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Sami_M
0 Kudos

I have to agree that the wedding scene is really good as well, but I can say that about all the scenes in all of your books Kim. And Vicki, I also have all of your books as well, so obviously your a great writer or you wouldn't be in my collection. I can't wait for Hallodays Are Hell. It's going to be great.
-Sami
Frequent Contributor
DestructoGirl
0 Kudos

I have to say my most favorite thing is the interaction between Rachel, Ivy and Jenks. I love the bickering and humor, but they all "get" each other, you know? Kim does wonderful wit, one of my favorite things in books, movies or television series.

A favorite scene is harder to narrow down. I really got into the scene from FDM at the FIB when Rachel was attacked by Piscary and then takes the curse into herself, then all the in's and out's leading up to Minias taking it out of her and into David. I liked that Kim could easily convey that sense of "what the hell has taken over me?" that Rachel was fighting.
0 Kudos

I don't have anyone favorite scene that I can think of. I really enjoy anything the pixies are doing. They are just so lively and get into so much mischief and you never know if Rex is going to play with them or eat them.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

KimHarrison wrote:
My favorite is the wedding. I love that the bus stayed to watch and see if she tagged Trent. And the boots? Love the boots. And the phone ringing? I built the story around that wedding. (grin)
--Kim

Kim,

I loved that the bus stayed also- I did not expect that at all. But Rachel sure made an impression on them. Love them boots!

Another excellent scene for me was Ceri's fury. There's something about her... can't wait to find out more. (By the way, we're pronouncing that with a Celtic hard "C" yes?)
Stephanie
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Vicki

Really glad you joined us here! I'm with you- Jenks. If I had to pick one, I would have to say that he's my favorite. What a personality!

VickiPettersson wrote:
Hi Sami,

One think Kim does so well are group scenes, where there are so many people and so much going on that the pages just fly by. In FDM, the wedding scene is just awesome, and I really love the climax, with everyone in the police station. Technically (and tension-wise) it just doesn't get any better than that. I flew through it (and the rest of the book) and then I had to go back and do an immediate re-read. I think my spoken words (though I was alone in the room) were, "How the h*ll does she do that?" {G}

Oh, and when Ceri tells off Trent. LOVE that.

Oh, and every appearance of Al on the page.

And Jenks. Duh.

I'll stop now.

Clearly a fangirl (and an author, but not THE author {G}),
Vicki

Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

You're probably right but, I don't know any better and have been using the soft 'c'.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
Silvarian_Lupus
0 Kudos

Favorite scene in all the books is Al pulling down his glasses and watching Rachel's spell blast a building. The scene stuck with me as Lee swore at Rachel and Rachel back pedaled. (grins) In the most recent book, I'll vote for the wedding scene because of the description of Elisabeth's face. (hahahah)
I make these things too long for my own good!!!
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I really loved the scenes with Kisten and Rachel...To find a favorite would be hard!! I guess I really liked the part where he came in and picked out the clothes that she should wear on their first date. There wasn't really anything superexciting about it, just the intimacy and familiarity that he shows towards her was very touching. Especially the way he just knew what would work the best on her, almost as if he knew her better than she knew herself...very touching! I guess that will have to be a special moment to remember...sniff...sniff...tear...tear...:smileyhappy:
Sarah
New User
stephsmiley
0 Kudos

I really love that wedding scene also. I was cracking up laughing the whole time, especially when that phone rang! It was so great to see Rachel apologizing as she walked in while talking on the phone. And Ellsbeth's face must have been priceless! I think I'm going to have to go reread that scene now! Great, great work Ms. Kim. I'm laughing now as I replay that scene in my head!
Author
VickiPettersson
0 Kudos

Oh thank you, Sami! So wonderful to hear it!

Sami_M wrote:
And Vicki, I also have all of your books as well, so obviously your a great writer or you wouldn't be in my collection. I can't wait for Hallodays Are Hell. It's going to be great.
-Sami

Learn more about The Taste of Night, The Scent of Shadows,
and the Holidays Are Hell anthology (coming in November).

Readers are always welcome to visit and contact me at: www.vickipettersson.com
New User
Brookie
0 Kudos

I loved when Jenks was picking on RAchel about just opening up a charm shop and calling it a day :smileyhappy:

The wedding was hilarious and I LOVED that the bus waited to see what happened, that cracked me up!! :smileyhappy:

Skimmer killing Piscary was somethign else too, I did NOT see that coming!
New User
authorofUIFG_Jm
0 Kudos

The wedding is the best part! The best thing in it though, is Rachel and her quirks. "if you can't afford an attorney then Hell has frozen over and I'm the princess of Oz!" (says to Trent)
New User
Zadorina
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Oh my gosh, I think that was my favorite line in the book! I was lying in bed reading the wedding scene last night and was crying from laughing so hard at that! I'm relatively certain that my husband thinks I was off my rocker.

Kim, you are absolutely brilliant. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Zadorina on 02-05-2008 01:56 PM
Dance like no one is watching.
New User
hollowsgroupie
0 Kudos

From the beginning Dead Witch Walking up through The Outlaw Demon Wails, there's been soooo many memorable moments in the books. In DWW, I laughed at Rachel's tag on the leperchaun, when the charms kept shrinking and the leperchaun realized she'd been caught, asking who told bout the charms? any scene really with Jenks is my favorite, I loved when he was spelled big, and was fierce and protective of Rachel after Ivy nearly killed her. The wedding scenes were awesome and some of my favorites also, Al's reaction to Lee's witchy body was interesting. I also liked when Rach got blood sugared at the club out with Kist and she's watching all the vamps dancing to Rob Zombie's Living Dead Girl. The description Kim used on Kist, that he did a Michael Jackson to the front followed up by a staying alive, had me smiling. alot of the scenes with Al have been some of my favorites also, he's such a bad guy but darn he makes for some great reading along with Trent. hmm..one of my absolute favorite parts, Rachel kicks the heck out of Jonathan and Trent warns him to not mess with or underestimate her. There's just been sooo many great moments in the books. I have been re reading them, eagerly awaiting the release of White Witch, Black Curse.

Users Online
Currently online: 34 members 655 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: