Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Whole Book Discussion: Ceri

I found Ceri to be a very likable character - she seems to have strength, wisdom, gentleness...

Group: What are your thoughts on Ceri? How do you think this character might surprise us?
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
TONIC
0 Kudos

Re: Whole Book Discussion: Ceri

i don't really like Ceri. i think she's stuck up and thinks she's better than everyone.
VV
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

I also really like Ceri and feel that she has a big role in the books to come. I would like to see her with Trent on one hand, and then on the other hand it would almost be good if she wasn't with him seeing as his behavior wasn't very good in the last book.:smileyhappy: I like that Kim had her move in with Keasley, another character that seems important to future books. I think they have developed a good relationship and he seems to keep her in line from getting too full of herself. You have to remember that she is considered royaty from before she was taken by Al. Overall I find that she fits in well with the mix of Rachel's gang. :smileyhappy:
Sarah
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I like Ceri and I think that she has helped Rachel alot and will continue to play an important part in the books. But I will just wait and see what happens.

Toni
Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

Ceri is likable but she also has the potential to be very dangerous. She fits right in. If she stay friendly with Rachel, she can be a great mentor and also help keep Trent in line.

She will also be another way for us to learn about Al and the other demons. Ceri has had a thousand years of experience with them. Experience that can be of great value to Rachel.

She just has to learn a little patience and tolerance of others.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

You're right. There is a certain amount of power held by Ceri that Rachel needs to understand, and Ceri needs to have the patience and understanding to show her. I can see how she could also be dangerous! Look at her temper! I hope she opens up more about her fear of the other demons. I'd like to know what she knows about them. I also would love to know what Newt was looking for! Any new thoughts on that topic? Do you think it is Ceri? Afterall, she is a relatively new friend to the group and she did come from the everafter. I have heard guesses of Rex and the Focus, but nothing else so far...any suggestions?
Sarah
Frequent Contributor
Vampyre
0 Kudos

At first I thought Newt was looking for that Were Talisman Rachel had but I guess that wasn't it. I am stumped now.
V^^^^V
http://vickipettersson.proboards51.com/index.cgi
http://primatechpaper.yuku.com/
Contributor
Tygerlilylaka1
0 Kudos

I like Ceri but I don't fully trust her motives. She praised Quen for being elvish and practicing black magic but harped on Trent because he didn't. For someone who claims she wants to remove the black on her soul, why would she be promoting it in others?

I could be wrong (most likely) but it puzzles me. I need more info to make up my mind.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy
Contributor
silvernightshade
0 Kudos

I have to say I really like Ceri at this point. I'm not sure a truly understand her but I like her. She seems to have the knowledge that Rachel needs , but she isn't very forth coming with it is she? Ceri knows alot about Newt but seems reluctant to share all she knows with Rachel.

As far as to what Newt was looking for, maybe it has something to do with what saved Rachel and Trent's best friend Lee. What ever it is might have to do with why Rachel's father was killed. Just random thoughts.
Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

I have to say that I really enjoy Ceri's character. Do I like her? Wouldn't go that far... The great thing about her is that she 'pushes' so many different parts of the stories: tries to make Rachel better at her magic; enriches the stories of Trent and Quen by showing us parts of them we had no idea about; and, she keeps Keasley's story even more interesting by giving him that mysterious interraction with her - we still aren't too sure of Keasley's past...talk about 'mysterious'?!

If I had my preference, though, I would love to see Ceri and Quen get together. I think Quen is, by far, a more noble character than Trent. He has such great potential for interesting story lines in the future. Sometimes, I wonder who has the real power, when comparing him to Trent.

silvernightshade wrote:
I have to say I really like Ceri at this point. I'm not sure a truly understand her but I like her. She seems to have the knowledge that Rachel needs , but she isn't very forth coming with it is she? Ceri knows alot about Newt but seems reluctant to share all she knows with Rachel...
New User
sad_virtue
0 Kudos

I agree with jlatn that Ceri and Quen would be better together than her and Trent. Mostly because I believe that Trent and Rachel would be a good couple. I can't wait for Quen's character to progress.
Contributor
jlatn
0 Kudos

Thanks, sad_virtue.

But...OMG!! Trent and Rachel...?!! LOL!!!

Isn't Trent 'the' bad guy... I'm not so sure about that one... Well, it would certainly be interesting...

Anyone else have any ideas on how this might work: Trent and Rachel together? Curious if there might be something I'm missing - which is VERY likely... Maybe we should make this another thread of discussion...

sad_virtue wrote:
I agree with jlatn that Ceri and Quen would be better together than her and Trent. Mostly because I believe that Trent and Rachel would be a good couple. I can't wait for Quen's character to progress.

Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

What was Newt Looking For?

sarahn1080 wrote:
I also would love to know what Newt was looking for! Any new thoughts on that topic? Do you think it is Ceri? Afterall, she is a relatively new friend to the group and she did come from the everafter. I have heard guesses of Rex and the Focus, but nothing else so far...any suggestions?

Sarah,

Great question! After we found out Newt wasn't looking for the focus, I started to think about what else it could be... but I don't think we've been given a clue yet. I'm wondering if it might be something Ceri has. Of course, it doesn't help that Newt herself doesn't remember what it is!

Group: Your thoughts?
Stephanie
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Re: What was Newt Looking For?

Newt has certainly complicated things hasn't she? I also have considered the possibility that she is looking for something that Ceri has. Do we remember Ceri bringing anything with her when Rachel saved her?
Sarah
Contributor
Tygerlilylaka1
0 Kudos

sarahn1080 wrote:
Newt has certainly complicated things hasn't she? I also have considered the possibility that she is looking for something that Ceri has. Do we remember Ceri bringing anything with her when Rachel saved her?

All I can remember is the clothes she was wearing but she could've had something hidden. Maybe she knows of a spell or has a memory that Newt wants. After 1,000 years it's possible Ceri has forgotten it also or doesn't know she knows it.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy
Frequent Contributor
sarahn1080
0 Kudos

Looking for a thought or memory from Ceri never really entered my mind, but it is certainly possible! I think that though Newt seems a bit crazy, that she is really a force to be reckoned with! She could also have been looking for Al who was out and about posing as a witch...such a mystery!
Sarah
Users Online
Currently online:14 members 431 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: