Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

A King Returned..... Time to Give Thanks

To All My Dear Subjects,

I do apologize for my extended absence from the kingdom, but I was detained by those pesky rebels in Catatonia  As you may remember the rightful King of Catatonia, King Aslan, had been overthrown by Shere Khan a few years ago.  It came to my attention that the exiled king was considering taking the kingdom back.  Without telling anyone but a few close advisors, I took it upon myself to give him the help he needed.  

Accompanied by Lion-O and his trusted aide, Cheetara,  we joined King Aslan's forces, just beyond his borders.  What we were unaware of at the time that the notorious swamp witch, Wilhemina Hortense, who we have tolerated within our kingdom, had joined forces with Shere Khan.  Through her affiliation with the evil Emmett Kelley, she was able to sabotage our party and I was kingnapped and held behind enemy lines.  

To avoid a panic in Wordsmithonia, our gracious Queen Mother Kathy, organized a rescue party, led by Sir Sogen and Broomhildergard.  Along with my trust steed, Corsiero, they were successful in rescuing me, but it took many months and a lot of hard work to do so.  I won't get into the details of their journey, but I owe them my life.  We then rejoined forces with King Aslan, and were able to retake Catatonia. At a later point in time, I may elaborate on what transpired, but for now, I will leave it there.

Now I know we have quite a few refugees still living within Wordsmithonia, and they are more than welcome to stay.  If any wish to return to their homeland though, any help they need, will be given.

To celebrate my return to Wordsmithonia, I would like to open the Royal Palace to all citizens of the realm for the next week.  I invite you all to drop in, and sample the bounties of the land.  As I'm thankful for my freedom, my life, and to be back with my family, I would like to know what you are all thankful for.  Please feel free to share your thoughts and feelings win this time of celebration.

I have assigned the head bulter, Burges, and the Royal Chamerlain, Camareiro Kameprepa, to facilitate anything you need while you are visiting the Palace.

All My Best and Thanks,

King Ryan of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: A King Returned..... Time to Give Thanks

[ Edited ]

What a relief to have you back, King Ryan!  I'm so sorry to hear of your kingnaping!  Perhaps you should have let the Cowardly Lion know before you set out for your battle - as you know, he is no longer cowardly and does a fine job of keeping order at Oz, when I am away in residence in my crystal palace of Fantasia.

I have let my former Catatonia residents know that they are free to return to their homes.  Luckily, the Cowardly Lion prefers to stay at his post in Oz.  I do not know what I would have done without his faithful service.  Salem also has become close friends with Romeo and Khan, so would like to stay with us.  Morris, however, tends to feel a bit left out, since he cannot talk or use magic, so I think he may go back to his land of birth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Dame Dulcinea,

It's a relief to me that you offer the services of The Cowardly Lion, he would be a wonderful companion for my next foreign trip.  

I have also forwarded your comments on your guests to King Aslan.  If Morris does make that decesion, I know he will be welcomed back with open arms.  If you can find out how the Priestesses of Bastet are feeling, that would be greatly appreciated.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
KathyS
0 Kudos

Ryan_G wrote:

Dame Dulcinea,

It's a relief to me that you offer the services of The Cowardly Lion, he would be a wonderful companion for my next foreign trip.  

I have also forwarded your comments on your guests to King Aslan.  If Morris does make that decision, I know he will be welcomed back with open arms.  If you can find out how the Priestesses of Bastet are feeling, that would be greatly appreciated.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile

My dear son, King Ryan

I am so happy to have you back, my dear son.  I know it has been a hard journey for you, a hardship for everyone, and thankful you have returned safe and sound....but I am so sorry to have slept through your homecoming.  With you missing, I've been at my wits and split ends, trying to maintain, physical realms, spiritual realms, and all of the psychological realms that live within this Kingdom.  The realms doth come with heavy weights, ones which thrust my head into the toilet at the most inopportune times.

Yes, drink has been both my savior, and my foe.  I have undergone many therapeutic changes, upon Dr. S's advice.  Sitting on his couch, with feet elevated to increase blood flow to my brain, one of his cures.  Powders and potions to keep the evils away, were given to all whom abide in the realm and kingdom's of FB.  A new Kingdom to fight against nefarious evil doers, I'm afraid.  But, for now that Kingdom is heading into the spirit of the Christmas to come, although the end of the world is being discussed, I dare say we will get past this with colors to fly high and proud.

As of now, I am looking forward to seeing what our Kingdom, and you, have in store for us.  I'm having to get Melvin to light my fires, again, as the chill of winter is upon us.  He has been my constent companion, and a loyal one I might add.

Be well to our Kingdom, and to those who come in to the adventure with us.

Lovingly,

QM

Kathy