Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Come One, Come All..... The Feast Is About To Begin

For those of you who are planning on visiting the Royal Palace during our week of Thanksgiving, our head chef Cooky C. Schlegmire and our Mistress of Teas, Madame Caje, would like to present you with the weeks menu.  They have informed me that menu may change slightly during the week, though this will be the main menu.

They are willing to take any special requests if you know what day you plan on visiting the Royal Palace, please leave a recipe or at least a picture for them to follow and they will be happy to accomodate you.

Roast Turkey

Roast Ham

Apple Walnut Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

Green Bean Casserole

Twice Baked Sweet Potato

Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots in a Creamy Cheese Sauce

Butternut Squash Soup 

Sauteed Kale

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

Sweet Potato Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Apple Crisp

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

Re: Come One, Come All..... The Feast Is About To Begin

Oh, King Ryan, I am so sorry that I missed your Thanksgiving feast!  Unfortunately, there was an outbreak of potato magic, which kept me imprisoned within my crystal palace of Fantasia, afraid to set foot outdoors, lest I be enchanted again (you remember what happened last time).  I notice that you were only able to obtain sweet potatoes for your feast; no doubt this was due to all the regular potatoes being hijacked to make nefarious use of.

Hopefully, next Thanksgiving will be different, and it will be safe for me to travel throughout the Kingdom.  So, for future reference, I would like to let you know that stuffing/dressing is one of my favorite Thanksgiving comestibles, but I am allergic to walnuts, so perhaps you could ask chef Cooky to prepare some other varieties.

Here is a nice sausage stuffing:

Or wild mushroom stuffing:

Obeisantly Yours,

Dame Dulcinea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Dame Dulcinea,

I just can't seem to understand what is going on with the potatos in your realm.  I will have to have some of the mages look into it.  I may even ask Sherlock Holmes, who is currently staying in the palace, for his insight as well.  Hopefully, this will be a problem you never have to deal with again.  

I must admit that those two dressing receipes sound most delecious, I'm sure Cooky will be more than happy to make them anytime you choose to visit.

By My Own Hand,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
KathyS
0 Kudos

Dear Son and Dulcinea, 

It also seems as though I've missed this feast, and the wonderful company.  I hope you gave my regrets?

And Dear Dame Dulcinea, I do hope that your potato fetish fiendish foe has been put to rest, and to see you here again next year?

I took a dram of sleeping potion, on the orders of our Dr. Seuss, a week prior to the Kingdom's celebration, and it put me out like the proverbial light.  I awoke to the smell of leftovers baking in the over.  I did enjoy the Turkey Pot Pie, and the  Curried Turkey Soup, so sumptuously prepared by the hands of our Cooky.  

I will enjoy these, and remember the years to come, as we hopefully will be partaking together again.

Lovingly, 

QM

Kathy

dulcinea3
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

King Ryan, Queen Mother Kathy, and all denizens of Wordsmithonia,

Our kingdom has felt deserted of late.  I fear that various spells and other nefarious magic hath kept our citizens from mixing freely, as is our wont.  Those pesky potatoes were nearly my undoing!  However, they seem to have desisted for the nonce.

Perhaps to entice folk back into society, we should plan our Thanksgiving celebration.  My cooks tell me that they will be able to contribute some savory dishes.

Turducken

Sourdough stuffing

Apple sausage stuffing

Roasted garlic mashed potatoes

Toasted almond green beans

Raspberry chocolate trifle

Pumpkin cheesecake

Warm apple crisp a la mode

What dishes can our other nobles' kitchens contribute to the feast?

Yours,
Dame Dulcinea
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
KathyS
0 Kudos

Good evening, Dame Dulcinea,

It is most grand to see you once again baking up a storm in our fantastically illuminated solar powered kitchens this year.  Our newest addition to the realm.  

Your sumptuous dishes are fit for a King (and Queen), and again have sparked my interest in these matters of cooking, but the most unfortunate thing is, I've been put on a diet that is less than desired, but none the less healthy.  I will try to cook up a something to adorn our tables in this coming week.

I've been on a much needed sabbatical to the United States of America, hoping to get a modicum of writing time in, along with a bit of sunshine on the beaches, but It seems that being summoned into these areas that were most uncomfortable during their periods of elections for their President of their United States.....I certainly tried my best to be  of clear head and calmness, a cool and collected Ambassador attempting to calm the tensions between their states, men and women alike, but found myself handcuffed, put in a very scary place by the name of HOLDING TANK, and left to chilly surroundings.  My head is still spinning, and I am very unsure as to what it was that I had said to cause this unpleasantness on the forum floors of their Face book sanctuary. I have always considered myself someone who could handle great dissentions, but I soon became aware that my assets had limits.  I regretted those moments of forced tantrums of that side of me I hoped would not be ever seen to the outside world.

Be that as it may, I am back in the realm to partake of the festivities, day and night, or as long as it takes to shovel the snow from the rose bush beds.  But at this moment I am weary and need to lie down.  The trip has taken a toll on me. I will be sending pictures as soon as the print shop processes them, and returns them to the Castle.

Until we meet again, 

Yours QM,

Kathy