Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

Re: Dance of the April Fools

Paddy wanted a partner to keep up with him when he is doing the jig.

So Paddy brought his girlfriend Mary.

Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Mother,

What a odd day you had yesterday.  It seems that April is always a rather chaotic month around here with random events going off all the time.  I remember the year that my sister Deb found the army of purple and blue ladybugs flying through her room for what seemed no reason at all.  Oh well, that's what makes Wordsmithonia such a fun place in the spring.

I do have to mention that the King of Spades was looking rather nice the other day, I'm glad he was able to take care of the amphibious prince.

Let me know when you find anything out about this very perplexing map.  I'm been having some rather odd dreams since finding it and my curiousity is now engaged all the way.

Your Loving Son,

King Ryan the Bibliophile of Wordsmithonia

"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

Before my eyes, first I see this map, then it disappears, then it reappears.  A fool's map, perhaps?  I am sorry, I do not understand this language, and all of these symbols for which is written upon it.  We may need a translator of old English.  I possibly know of someone who could help us.  I will get back to you on this matter, soon.

Q Mummy

NOSCE TE  IPSVM

Aurculis afini  quis non habet

O Caput elle borro dignum

Stuftorum Infinittis eft numberous.

Hmm well.. a bit rusty

Notice Ye ......

.......... afinity ..... no habitation

o capable the .... dignified

..... infinity most numerous

and it's middle English my Queen

TiggerBear
0 Kudos

KathyS wrote:

My dear Lady TiggerBear, and people of the Kingdom.

I am so sorry I could not come to the opening of the dance last night.  The day simply turned into a nightmare!  I will be there as soon as I can. 

By this time, I stopped talking about what I had to get for these workers, and paid for my costume, then headed out the door, for the hardware store....and who do you think I ran into on the lane? Prince Froggy of Frogdom!  He chased me hill and dale, trying to get me to kiss him!  I swear that Prince gets more and more aggressive each time I run into him!  I keep telling him I am old enough to be his mother!
Frog Prince Costume

Take your time my Queen, there's no need to rush. We'll be here till the ounch runs out (pist it's an ever flowing magic fountain, it doesn't run dry ever :smileytongue:).
I sugested this last year. Go ahead and kiss him.  Seams a shame not to help a fellow out with a bad enchantment.  It's only one kiss and he does fancy you afterall.:smileywink: